• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Will this kill me?

Arm4dill0

Greenlighter
I want to make it clear: I'm not lookin for help, I just want to know if this method is gonna work.
So... I've read that if you put a large enough plastic bag on your head after having taken a good amount of sedating drugs they'll put you to sleep while the slow build up of CO2 in the bag will do the rest.
My question is how much to take.
I can get Xanax and Zolpidem (generic Ambien/Stilnox) w/o problem and those are the 2 meds I planned to use to knock myself out, the fact is that i have no idea on how much is necessary to put me to sleep as soon as I hit the pillow (well... not instantly of course, but the sooner the better).
Considering i seem to have a naturally high tolerance to GABAergics substances (alcohol included) even though I abused them very rarely (like... I can still play videogames/doing homework/being around people without acting like I'm on something pretty well even on 30-40 mgs of Zolpidem and remember almost everything the day after) I wonder how much benzos do I have to take.
Also, would IVing/IMing the Zolpidem be a good idea to increase its potency?
Another thing... will taking antipsychotics help? My psychiatrist wants me to take them even if I don't 'cause they make me feel even worse than usual but they might do something good in this case. Should I ask for some?
Some shots of hard liquor could help too I think.
So I'm gonna take the APs, then the Xanax, the Zolpidem (orally) maybe some alcohol and when they start kicking in IMing some other Zolpidem and put the plastic bag (one used for the trash) on.

Do you think it'll work? Any advice on how to fall asleep faster (meditation? A lil sleep deprivation?)?

Sorry for my bad English, I'm not a native speaker.

Dont do it,honestly dont!
This may seem like what he
talking about,doesnt even know me
Or my problems,true.
But there is so much waiting round the
Corner for each of us,might be bad
Or the most awesome thing ever happened.
What i am trying to say,we dont know what Future
will bring,no matter how things look now,you only
got This one Live,there is still so much in Store for You,
Dont throw it away!
Before you do anything ,Please hit me up,I am there if you want to talk.
Much luck,
Mo

CO2 buildup will cause a panic reaction that no amount of drugs can suppress. You'll claw the bag off your face without ever waking up.

As little as 5% CO2 will do it. It's even been used to test people whose amygdalae were destroyed by stroke or surgery (still causes panic).

We care so are not going to aid you in killing yourself.

What can you change about your life and thinking to help treat yourself?

Have you worked regular aerobic exercise into your life?

Don't knock anaerobic exercise for dealing with the angry aspects, either.

Of course, if you're out of shape, it'll all be anaerobic.

CO2 buildup will cause a panic reaction that no amount of drugs can suppress. You'll claw the bag off your face without ever waking up.

As little as 5% CO2 will do it. It's even been used to test people whose amygdalae were destroyed by stroke or surgery (still causes panic).

Would it still cause panic even with a medication used to treat panic attacks (Xanax), no matter how much I take?

And even if it would cause an involuntary reaction while I'm asleep I could still tie my hands behind my back after putting the bag on, maybe using some super glue too. Moreover i found that the AP Olanzapine made me really phisically weak so I probably will not be able to un-tie my hands. I got some Seroquel this morning, it'll do the same I guess.

My only fear is that I will still fully wake up when I start to suffocate... that would suck...

Going out with a bag over your head is going to be pretty grim. You nay well come to regret it, only for it to be too late.

CO2 buildup effects your blood pH (the real reason we "breathe" is to regulate that, with bicarbonate (dissolved CO2) as the buffer). More so than lack of oxygen, the carbonate buildup causes blood pH to drop, triggering a reflexive breathing disturbance.

So a benzo will not help you. This is one of those drowning or on-fire kind of reflexes our puny pharms can't handle.

You will not succeed in forming an airtight seal with your hands tied. How will you tie your own hands anyway? That would be a funny call to the fire dept, when someone finds you. You will have to convince the firemen you were not trying to do any autoerotic version of this.

Let's say you DID find a way to tie your hands and seal the bag--you will not be able to perform these actions while so loaded that you pass out within seconds of sealing the bag. Because if that's not the case, you better believe you will rip that bag open with your teeth as your blood pH drops and the rats start jumping ship.

ETA: look, the problem with random downer cocktails and anoxia like this, is the success rate is extremely low, while the side effect rate is high. By side effects, I mean brain and organ damage. You worry about waking up before it's over? How about waking up semi-paralyzed in the hospital, with just enough brain-power left to understand you're now confined to a life of dependence on the people you tried to abandon.