• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Would long cut dip tobacco make SUBOXONE stronger?

ziggo

Bluelighter
Since dipping tobacco cuts your inside gums up a bit in order to absorb better. Would using some dip or a few dips in a row on the same spot to cut your mucus membranes up some, then placing the suboxone strip on that exact spot make it gain a higher bioavailability / absorb more?

I thought it was just a myth that tobacco companies put a literal cutting material in the tobacco to help it absorb faster. Pretty sure it just absorbs well through the gums, no cutting involved, maybe irritation though.

I dip, and have tried this with no different results in absorbing buprenophine. When dipping, the Suboxone makes the nicotine stronger for me. I can only keep a dip in for a little while. I start to sweat and fell nauseous if I leave a dip in for too long. I have also felt this way while smoking.

Well I don't know if it actually cuts it, but if you dip enough and look at the inside of your lip at the gums where the teeth are, the gums are a lot thinner and worn down, but it re-grows back(the thickness.) I think just the nature of the tobacco.

Nicotine and Bupe have a synergstic effect, I would change smoke and every cigarette felt so pleasurable due to the Suboxone. Sometimes I feel the cigarettes increase the high as it makes me more nauseous from the opiate High. Who knows

There are enough downsides to using a method like this that I'd avoid it unless you already are using dip on a daily basis. Especially considering there is a MUCH healthier and at least as effective way to use buprenorphine sublingually with Listerine/ethanol mouthwash.

If you're already dipping daily, go for it if you want. I imagine it would be kinda hard to keep everything organized in the mouth, but if you're experienced with dip it probably isn't too difficult.

As someone who doesn't use dip very often, I just can't help but think to myself: Why? I'd muuuuuuuuuch rather just use Listerine, administer the buprenorphine and then enjoy some dip after the buprenorphine has dissolved (a couple minutes after applying it).

I don't mean using it at the same time as the dip. I placing it directly on the spot you normally dip at, because your gums get worn down at that spot, they get thinner. So maybe more would absorb through that spot.

Ah, haha yes that sounds much more palatable. Yeah, you'd probably get increased BA, but who knows. Perhaps not the best way to consume buprenorphine (gum disease, gum cancer, etc), but if someone was already using dip to that point then it would definitely be worth trying.

Plus I imagine it might be more painful than normal to use something like Listerine if your gums are worn down like that (and perhaps not very good for the gums either - but what do I know).

I chew tobacco just went to the dentist two days ago he asked if i drank a gallon of coffee and wrote claims he is non smoker on chart and i luckly only have a few cavities that can be fixed. If your at the point where you actually can see physical damage id go to the dentist i didnt have any pain or anything wrong with my gums or teeth i could see just some stains but after the x ray i had wrong. You dont want to end up like freud on your death bed i believe with a fake jaw still using tobacco to a early grave.

instead of slicing your gums up you could try the ol' subs and vodka mix; get a bit of cotton or something and soak it in your spirit of choice and hold that under your tongue along with the sub.