• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom isn't working anymore

GeorgeBush

Greenlighter
Someone I might have known used kratom daily for 4 or 5 months. After their tolerance was beginning to build they stopped for about 5 days before continuing use for another couple of months. During those next three months this person would take 24 hour or 48 or breaks to keep their tolerance from going up. After 7 months of use they completely quit kratom for 2 1/2 weeks for about 18 days. After that this person went and bought the best extract (opms gold) which they had used hundreds of times. This extract is comparable to oxys (from what I've been told) and the only extract this person said was worth paying for. They said the dose was the right amount and their stomach was empty however the dose did nothing. After about 8-10 hours they felt a little bit but nothing compared to what it should have been. The next day they got some normal plant powder from a very reliable vendor. Again no tolerance and an empty stomach but the kratom did nothing. And yet again the next day this person mixed 2 very well known extracts with plant powder from a good vendor and nothing happened. This person was wondering if anyone out there might know what the fuck is going on?

Tolerance has never been an issue for me...ive used the same dose for over 2 years now, so im not sure what to tell you. There is a possibility that the extracts kinda fucked you up. Ive never used extracts, but ive been told that they tend to mess up your tolerance for plant material. Your expectations may have been heightened as well. Just take a break and go back to the plant material only.

True extracts speed tolerance up (from what I've been told). But you would think that after 18 days of complete abstinence that tolerance level would have dropped. Not to mention the doses this person took would have been enough to give a person with a decent tolerance a stout buzz. So I really don't understand the problem. Guess it's time for this person just to move on and leave kratom behind.

i had similar problems,i gave up using kratom leaf and extract was over rated...to start with red borneo made me itch but after 6 months tolerance was high,i went back to opiate pills and then h

I had a similar situation....used daily for months, took a couple weeks off, and expected to be able to have the excellent experiences I had at first (comparable to a strong hydrocodone dose). Didn't happen, just a slight buzz, and a terrible hangover the next day. Don't know when/if the magic comes back.

I use that exact product you're talking about from time to time as a treat, and even just using it occasionally fucks with my tolerance.

I'm sure if you take a little more time off and stay away from those super strong extracts, your tolerance will eventually return to normal.

As an aside: That product seems to give me some negative side effects that other kratom does not. Mainly it fucks with my eyes in a major way, and causes me to feel dizzy and off balance, even though I don't take a huge dose at once...

It's pretty much the same for myself. I've been using it somewhat regularly for 3 1/2 years. Try switching from a red vein to a white vein or vice versa. Tolerance is no bueno.