• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone for herniated disks, what's the best addition so I can sleep at night?

me2u1time

Greenlighter
I have been on Hydrocodone for 2 herniated disks in my lower back for several years now. Now my tolerance has built up to where I asked my doctor for something stronger to take at night so I can sleep. Hydro is good during the day because I can function, but isn't enough at night. They tried to get me to try some new stuff, Hysingla, but the reviews are terrible and it is crazy expensive! I have asked for Oxy, but they are hesitant given today's restrictions. What would be something that would work well and no break the bank while allowing me to continue the hydro during the day?

Thanks for your insight!

Have you tried potentiating the hydros? If i ever wanted to sleep well at night AND potentiate my opioids, i would always mix diphenhydramine (or any other first-generation antihistamine) with my regular dose. Try taking 25mg of diphenhydramine an hour before taking your nighttime hydrocodone dose.

Is your doctor open to giving you muscle relaxants? They would help with pain and some make you sleepy, too. Gabapentin is also good for that.