• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Am I fucked because I didn't do more drugs in college (in terms of trying them now)?

ForeverInTheDeep

Greenlighter
I am posting this because, at 25, this is a concern for me. (I'm an attractive chick, BTW) I transferred from one college to another, and basically, I played academic catch up for the last two years (I went to the second school for two years before graduating), and sort of had to forfeit good friendships (It's actually harder than you think when most people are off campus, you move into a place off campus and need to meet people while maintaining a merit-based scholarship). My first school was a mega-commuter school and I just sort of smoked weed, but nothing else, as I didn't mean a lot of people since I was preparing to transfer. At my second school, I went bar hopping, went to parties, and did coke ( I started in high school), but nothing as insane as I would have thought. This is partially on me, as I met some people who were into that but they were really sketch (one guy broke into my friend's house for ketamine, so there you go). Is 25 too late to smoke opium, do LSD, and other things?

Last edited:
I just really don't know where to meet people. I always wanted to run my own company (and now I do!) so I work by myself most of the time, which leaves fewer options for meeting people.

There's plenty of opportunities to meet people, though you do have a point that it becomes harder to meet responsible individuals who are "experimenting" as you get older. But if you go to festivals or music in your city, you're sure to find people. If you have cannabis access in your state, events centered on that can often have more progressive people than you'd meet at a bar (and less likely to be ketamine degenerates).

It depends on your career choice though. I take psychedelics with my co-workers and friends, and I'm about the same age as you (couple years older). Different people than I knew in college too. Just a question of what you value in your life. Is doing drugs with people that important? Or would you rather just do your own thing and if you happen to meet people you can do drugs with, that's just a cherry on top.

And it's not like you're cut off from options, you have the internet, so anything is at your fingertips...

You should quit while your ahead. Smoke opium? You mean heroin. It sounds like you are at risk of trying to put drugs on a pedestal they don't deserve. LSD is beautiful the rest I would of been better off leaving alone.

You should quit while your ahead. Smoke opium? You mean heroin. It sounds like you are at risk of trying to put drugs on a pedestal they don't deserve. LSD is beautiful the rest I would of been better off leaving alone.

Definitely best to stay away from smoking opium or H... Pretty hard to come back when you go down that road..

opium is pretty chill

I find it to be quite relaxing

it's the pills that ruined me

I think that you are better off starting later.

Just make sure you trust the people you are around when using psychedelics.

Good on you for starting a business. What kind of clothes do you sell?

opium is pretty chill

I find it to be quite relaxing

it's the pills that ruined me

I think that you are better off starting later.

Just make sure you trust the people you are around when using psychedelics.

Good on you for starting a business. What kind of clothes do you sell?

I suppose everyone's different but chasing the dragon is just about the only thing I would never ever risk again.. I can shoot up H and smoke crack for week long binges and stop without problems but just smelling opium would probably ruin my life again. And it wasnt even my drug of choice

It's a women's apparel line. I sell vintage inspired t-shirts. The one's from the 1970's feel incredible, as is the fit, so the shirts are inspired by those. They are priced in the upper range ($70+).

I think that it is never to late to try drugs. but there are just so many variables and factors the older you get. number 1, moderation is key obv. but you also don't want to be trying heavy shit around heavy people. it is just a good way to get sucked into their bullshit. i mean i know it doesn't happen all the time, but just really got to be careful and fact check everything.

don't fret my good pal! it's never too late to start!!! :)
never too late to start depleting your life savings, isolating yourself from friends, losing your job and the respect of your parents, catching hep. c, hiv, chamdia, gonnoreah, sepsis... the choices are infinite and all it takes from you is that first step :D