• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Very import - GHB Withdrawal info - I NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE

Vanadium

Bluelighter
Hello, I take 4g of GHB every 4 hour for 1 week, now Iam in the withdrawal phase but how long the withdrawal last, and when does it stop because yesterday I did not take it for 12h and a only had limited sign of withdrawal such a shaking hands.

How long will GHB withdrawal last ? How much time do I have to wait to be in the peak of withrawal ?

And do you have advice to pass this diffucult task.

thank you for the answer.

No personal experience myself, but this is from Rosen's Emergency Medicine:

Withdrawal

Patients who suddenly stop GHB or its precursors after chronic, frequent use can experience a severe and potentially life-threatening withdrawal syndrome.50,58,59 Because of the short half-life of GHB, symptoms of withdrawal begin within several hours of the last
dose.

The typical patient will have been using these products for weeks or years, every 1 to 3 hours around-the-clock, to avoid withdrawal symptoms. Mild withdrawal is manifested with anxiety, tremor, and insomnia. This can progress to confusion, delirium, overt psychosis, paranoid ideation, hallucinations (visual, aural, or tactile), and autonomic instability. Diagnosis relies on a history of symptoms beginning after abrupt cessation of use of these products.

The differential diagnosis includes withdrawal from other sedatives or hypnotics, delirium tremens, sympathomimetic toxicity, serotonin syndrome, neuroleptic malignant syndrome, CNS infection, and thyroid storm. Initial treatment begins with high-dose benzodiazepines. However, GHB withdrawal may involve depleted levels of GABA.58 Because the effect of benzodiazepines requires the presence of GABA, they may not be effective in control of GHB withdrawal. Barbiturates, such as pentobarbital, which do not need GABA to be effective, are often required in cases of severe intoxication.60

These patients often require intensive care admission for aggressive sedation and to monitor fluctuating vital signs. Rhabdomyolysis and severe hyperthermia should be ruled out. Deaths have been reported, sometimes many days after presentation and after apparent improvement.58

Disposition
Because of GHB’s short half-life, symptoms often resolve while the patient is still in the ED. The patient generally regains consciousness spontaneously. No delayed toxicity is expected. Patients should be counseled about the seriousness of GHB intoxication.47

Key Concepts

Withdrawal from GHB or its precursors can be manifested with anxiety, tremor, and insomnia but can progress to a severe syndrome characterized by delirium and autonomic instability. Management of this syndrome often requires high-dose benzodiazepines or barbiturates.

No personal experience myself, but this is from Rosen's Emergency Medicine:

Withdrawal

Patients who suddenly stop GHB or its precursors after chronic, frequent use can experience a severe and potentially life-threatening withdrawal syndrome.50,58,59 Because of the short half-life of GHB, symptoms of withdrawal begin within several hours of the last
dose.

The typical patient will have been using these products for weeks or years, every 1 to 3 hours around-the-clock, to avoid withdrawal symptoms. Mild withdrawal is manifested with anxiety, tremor, and insomnia. This can progress to confusion, delirium, overt psychosis, paranoid ideation, hallucinations (visual, aural, or tactile), and autonomic instability. Diagnosis relies on a history of symptoms beginning after abrupt cessation of use of these products.

The differential diagnosis includes withdrawal from other sedatives or hypnotics, delirium tremens, sympathomimetic toxicity, serotonin syndrome, neuroleptic malignant syndrome, CNS infection, and thyroid storm. Initial treatment begins with high-dose benzodiazepines. However, GHB withdrawal may involve depleted levels of GABA.58 Because the effect of benzodiazepines requires the presence of GABA, they may not be effective in control of GHB withdrawal. Barbiturates, such as pentobarbital, which do not need GABA to be effective, are often required in cases of severe intoxication.60

These patients often require intensive care admission for aggressive sedation and to monitor fluctuating vital signs. Rhabdomyolysis and severe hyperthermia should be ruled out. Deaths have been reported, sometimes many days after presentation and after apparent improvement.58

Disposition
Because of GHB’s short half-life, symptoms often resolve while the patient is still in the ED. The patient generally regains consciousness spontaneously. No delayed toxicity is expected. Patients should be counseled about the seriousness of GHB intoxication.47

Key Concepts

Withdrawal from GHB or its precursors can be manifested with anxiety, tremor, and insomnia but can progress to a severe syndrome characterized by delirium and autonomic instability. Management of this syndrome often requires high-dose benzodiazepines or barbiturates.

Hello, thank you for the info, it seems its not that bad because I took my last dose 1.5 day ago and I only have axiety, but now I need to finish my withdrawal. Do you know how much time I need to be ok, inculding the 1.5 day without any G ?

bye

Vanadium

The good news is you only took it for a week, I doubt your withdrawal will be all that prolonged... I would guess another 1-2 days? If you start getting the more nasty side effects listed above I would go to a hospital.

post 17 here shares a similar story to you, poor guy stayed awake for 3 days:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/255042-GBL-withdrawal-after-2-3-week-every-day-use

Benzos (ok) or baclofen (better) can work to ease withdrawal symptoms if you have these on hand. But then you might trade one addiction for another...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2630388/

I hope you start feeling better soon

I agree ^
Will take a few more days & you'll be fine again. Your anxiety causes you to be worried. When the anxiety ends you'll stop worrying too.

if you do this again it will be worse...

Vazkor

Hello, I take 4g of GHB every 4 hour for 1 week, now Iam in the withdrawal phase but how long the withdrawal last, and when does it stop because yesterday I did not take it for 12h and a only had limited sign of withdrawal such a shaking hands.

How long will GHB withdrawal last ? How much time do I have to wait to be in the peak of withrawal ?

And do you have advice to pass this diffucult task.

thank you for the answer.

@Marcorona you didn't actually write anything in your reply, was that your intention or did you accidentally press post before you wrote anything? (I've done that before :) )