View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What's The Best Way To Consume Fresh mushrooms

anonymous hippie

Greenlighter
So I've been hunting magic mushrooms lately and I've been having pretty good luck. So far the ones that I've picked I've eaten them all raw without drying them out or anything. Is there a better way to consume these?

Sauteed with pancetta, after frying the chicken,
then deglazed with marsala, some butter and stock, reduced to finish?

No, I wouldn't do that actually, at least not with the ones you pick.

But, I mean, they work, right? Hard to think of a "better" way, besides sharing.
(Someone who can imagine better ways will show up soon, of course)

I liked to fold em' in half and just kinda swallow them. Less flavor that way lol. I also enjoyed blending them in a smoothie with ice, pineapple and orange juice. Could barely taste them, and the trip came on mega hard, mega fast.

Same for me, blended fresh shrooms with fruit juice kicked in mega hard... Fast absorption

I generally eat them.

But, that said, TTBOMR, I've only ever dried mushrooms, or at least partially dried. They were almost salty and kinda chewy. Why not let them dry out for a bit? I have had good success from extrmely drying, breaking up/crushing and putting in water and basically necking it in one fungal gulp. I've put them in honey, but the combination of flavours was fucking awful. :\

Drying's good for preservation but I'd consume fresh the ones I can without spoiling... otherwise there is really no point. You're just making it harder to digest.

Yeah, I only dried them if I didn't plan to consume within 3 days. If you put them in a paper bag and wrap them in paper towels, put em' in the fridge, they keep well for a few days. Don't forget about them though, they rot quick!

How do you boof fresh shrooms?

Actually, how would you boof dried? Oh, I guess, boof a warm water extract maybe.

But you can't snort or boof like 3 grams of material (well, I might have, or at least it felt like it., but I don't recommend it). You need to extract, and that means (usually) liquids with shrooms

Or is there some secret I've been missing?.

I wasn't being serious and you can't easily extract a powdery product from mushrooms.
Boofing is plugging? - first time i hear the word... I guess you can make a slurry of shroomdust in lukewarm water but it's getting to be really convoluted ways of taking something when it can be done easily. Like putting shit in your eye or inhaling as vapor when they are excellent to take orally: then you know you're just basically making a game out of something that you shouldn't be childish with but on.

I meant you usually snort/insufflate solids, not liquids, to my knowledge, but ~2-3 grams of solids is a LOT to inhale at one sitting.

Other thing: That could be my fault--over at a certain other forum of drugs, where I also delight with my whimsical yet piercing wit, some asshole kept referring to "boofing" as "plugging" and got his "booty bumps" confused too. Which confused me for way too long, causing me much embarrassment at Reddit later.

Anyway, my understanding:
"boofing" means inserting by needle-less syringe, a small amount of dissolved/suspended/emulsified drug into your rectum.
"plugging" means either a) greasing up your finger for direct digital delivery of drugs to your rectum;
or b) using a needle to inject dissolved/suspended/emulsified drug into a gelatin capsule, and digitally inserting that into your rectum.

In both cases for shrooms, you'd need to do an aqueous extraction.

For plugging subsection a) you'd be shoving an awful lot of shroomdust up your butthole; definitely not practical.

(An actual booty-bump is not a boof but more akin to plugging section a) with a substitution in delivery appendage (exclusive to kinked-out meth-heads (and oh, the things you can learn!, and never unsee)))

We don't SWIM or boof here. I think. Plugging is the catholic term (lower case c, different meaning!) for up da butt.
I will utfse and report back if I am rong (get it?)
Bluelight loyal, ;)
CD

After a diligent search, a limited number of users do indeed use "boof" although it also seems to be general in meaning. Your fellow companions, such as,
fuckUwil$on
Bigassnugzz
chicken hoagie
JahSEEsuS
yepyepwoah
iamthesuck
blwmeuplizzay
tripnnface

do indeed boof. I hope we have all learned something.

Last edited:
Damn, sadly yes, I get all that--you have been lurking in the differently-hyphenated drug forum.

You also picked a group whose handles fill one with certainty.

But I'd refer you to the masters at reddit, where a guy who prolly also posts here moderates an entire subreddit on "plugging", mainly for RCs.

I was teased and mocked mercilessly for posting a boofing question in the plugging subreddit, a scandalous offense. I still get emails.

It was like something out of Carrie, but not pig's blood.

We haven't even mentioned "Pegging" yet. That's something any adventurous couple can try.

PS Alfa just replied to my post (not this one)
Nothing good will come out of that.
I think I'll let him wait.

This is an unlikely discussion to follow the TT / OP / topic, either way you can be sure I ain't never going to plug Penis Envy on principle and none of that is a sensible delivery mechanism for fresh mushrooms. Just brew a tea if you don't like the mushroom texture or something.

I cannot believe you guys don't flong your mushrooms with a shee-shew mitt. Its the only way.