• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Newbie here. Back on the gear and looking for a place to discuss it.

Foiled Again

Greenlighter
Hi I've just hit the gear again after 4 years clean. Heroin is my drug of choice and had taken it on and off (mostly on) from my early 20's to my early 40's. I got clean after a long period on Methadone with a very gradually reducing script.
Everything was going fine until a four or five weeks ago. I gave up smoking cigarettes and whilst experiencing a huge craving I happened to see my old smack dealer. One thing lead to another and now I'm taking gear again on a daily basis. I am still not smoking cigarettes though so there is a plus.
As it stands now I am waiting for an appointment with a doctor when I hope I will be given another methadone script and I can start stopping again. Appointment is in a few days but I am freaking out. Hopefully things will be ok as I haven't been back on it long and I'm not doing a great deal of it (though it is creeping up). Also I am only smoking it. I used to inject in the bad old days but fucked up most of my available veins.
Right now I am trying to be honest about it with my partner. I have told her pretty much everything and she is upset but would rather I was honest.
Really just freaking out and looking for people to share experiences with who know something of what it's like.

There are lots of threads on here that you could read through while you wait for a response from someone (I take opiates, but have no experience with h) that has been / is in, you shoes. I spent a lot of time in the Dark Side forms and have read a lot from people going through what you describe. Maybe take a look there. I wish you the best of luck!

Hiya foiled again don't know where your from but I got clean moved 200 miles new job new gaff etc thought I'd kicked heroin then travelled back to see family ended up having a few pints next thing I'm smoking crack with some Bird wired to death needed brown so fuckd it back on a script that was 4yrs ago I'm 46 crack as always been my problem there like Apple pie n custurd brown n white I'm actually sat sniffing Charlie cos the drugs are shite in Scotland waiting on my parcel from God country sos talking shite now good luck