⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Wonder Woman

Shale

Bluelighter
Wonder Woman
Movie Blurb by Shale
June 22, 2017

This movie opened on June 2nd, but due to bad weather and bad health, I never got around to seeing it for the past 20 days. But, today was a beautiful day for a long bike ride and I had a free pass from my recent blood donation, so finally saw it.

Actually, I was a bit hesitant to see it in theater because the movie is 2 hours and 20 minutes long and I do not like movies that run more than 2 hours. (Add 20 minutes of trailers and it is nearly 3 hours of sitting there.) With most movies that run almost 2 and a half hours I find them padded and could easily cut half an hour without hurting the story, but this one was pretty tightly edited and kept my interest the entire time.

The movie opens with Diana/Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) receiving a package from Wayne Enterprises that contains the original glass negative of the foto showing her with her compatriots in World War I.

Old Foto from WWI
wonder-woman-wwi-plate-photograph-236467.jpg

The Foto Taken
Wonder-Woman-Photo-15.jpg

This sets the backstory of Diana's growing up on the island of Themyscira with the Amazons. Her mother is Queen Hippolyta (Connie Nielsen) who reluctantly allows her sister General Antiope (Robin Wright) to teach Diana the skills of war.

As seen in the trailers, Diana witnesses a biplane breaking thru the barrier that conceals the island and crash into the sea. She saves the pilot Steve Trevor (Chris Pine) and learns of the Great War that rages. She relates this to her mother's stories of the battle between Zeus and Ares, the God of War and knows that this is the cause of the conflict. She and Steve return to the real world with their own agendas.

Diana's to find and kill Ares, Steve's to deliver some intel he stole from the Germans about their newest poison gas, being developed by the evil General Erich Ludendorff (Danny Huston - The Evil Col. William Stryker in the Marvel Universe).

The usual anticipated problems arise with a strong, outspoken Amazon in 1917 London and Steve is running around trying to keep this naive Wonder Woman hidden as the proper Diana, his assistant.

Secure the Sword London
wws01.jpg

Eventually, they get to the front lines of the war and Wonder Woman shows her stuff with even more powers than revealed the last time we saw her in "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice."

Steve & Diana in War
tumblr_onjh6vd4RS1rnsdhso1_1280.jpg

Not news by now but this movie is a box office hit earning almost $600 million worldwide as of yesterday. It was also well received by critics and the aggregate reviews on Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 92% Fresh and 91% of audiences liked it, including me.

Wonder Woman in Battle
wonder-woman-gal-gadot.jpg

Her costume is better than the crappy 1970s costume from the TV series. I'm not going to see it. I can't deal with any more superhero movies.

I predict Gal Gadot making the same meteoric rise that many A-List actresses did a decade or two ago. I don't see her taking super hero roles forever not that this one wasn't a huge earner and great for her career. I saw her all dolled up in "Triple 9"
and dam if she wasn't gifted the genetics of good looks. Now she can start taking roles that show off her intellect as well.. Another excellent Thread @Shale.

th