• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How can I know if I am using quality LSD and how well should I know the trip sitter?

ForeverInTheDeep

Greenlighter
To make a long story short, I am 23 and I have not done LSD. I went to college for one year but then dropped out to start my own business (it's doing well) but needless to say, I missed out on the party experience. I never did LSD and I now want to try it. I don't know anyone who does it, nor do I have a friend who could walk me through. I always like having someone walk me though this stuff.

Make sure it's tasteless. Then at least you know it's a lysergimide and not something dangerous. But really, there's plenty of info out there. Check out erowid, and some of the LSD threads under our psychedelic drugs index.

Also, pick a trip sitter who you're comfortable having silence with. I mean someone who you can hang around who never makes you feel like the silence is something awkward. A best friend, a girlfriend, wife, what-have-you.

How much research should I do on this stuff? I'm also a 23 year old woman, so I don't really want to risk, you know, being taken advantage of when I'm on it.

My bad, more users are male simply by the numbers. LSD isn't a date rape type drug. You will be aware of things. That said, sexuality becomes odd and primal on L. Simply put, avoid any situation that would normally endanger you (like you would sober or out drinking) and I'm certain you'll be fine.

You could spend years researching it though, and you still wouldn't know what it's like. Most drugs are unique, but psychedelics are something else entirely.

I know I do have the opportunity to take it with a guy who is a friend of a friend, but since I don't really know him, I don't know if I'd panic or anything. I'm sometimes tempted to just buy it at a festival, but who knows if it's good or not. I'd prefer a guide.

A guide can help (if) when you have some sort of hang up. The first two hours are usually the roughest. It's easy to psych yourself out, try to always keep in mind that LSD is one of the least toxic drugs on the planet, and that its effects will indeed wear off (after 8-12 hours).

I wouldn't wana trip with a friend of a friend, and I'm a guy (tripped acid upwards of 40 times). Sounds awkward.

You could always buy it at a fest then just save it for later. There are regent tests you can use to ensure it's not something dangerous.

A guide can help (if) when you have some sort of hang up. The first two hours are usually the roughest. It's easy to psych yourself out, try to always keep in mind that LSD is one of the least toxic drugs on the planet, and that its effects will indeed wear off (after 8-12 hours).

I wouldn't wana trip with a friend of a friend, and I'm a guy (tripped acid upwards of 40 times). Sounds awkward.

Yeah, it does, right? Can you normally find this stuff at festivals? I am super curious but I don't have any connections. I am pretty convinced that most people have their formative experieinces in college (if not HS) and then get sober, which would suck for me.

I'm a post-college adult of 24 who's tripped more in the two years since college than the four years I was there. You never know.

It's so easy to find at a fest that it would probably find you lol. People often call it 'doses'. But at this point this is sourcing and I feel we've already crossed the line of acceptable discussion here in regards to that. Suffice to say, you can find it, all you need is the will.

Ok, final question and I'll leave you alone. As someone who has done this many times, is the first trip the best one?

If you are worried about your trip sitter taking advantage of you when you're on LSD then you should pick another trip sitter.

When using psychedelics your perception of the world changes drastically and in the worst cases you may start to become paranoid that your sitter has ill intentions among many other things. For this reason it is best to pick a person you trust very much as your trip sitter so they can talk you out of a bad trip, assure you that they care about you and that you're a good person.

Just be relaxed and in a familiar, safe environment and your trip should go fine. If you start freaking out just remember that you are on a drug and you'll be back to normal after it wears off. Have you and your trip sitter research the drug you are taking. Make sure the trip sitter learns what to do in the event you start having a bad trip.

The protocol for the trip sitter during bad trips usually just involves comforting the person and reminding them that they are just on a drug and they'll be safe and back to normal when it wears off. The trip sitter shouldn't talk down to or patronize the tripper, definitely don't talk to them like theyre a small child. Speak in a calm level headed way and just keep giving them consolation that everything is going to be alright.

Pick a place and time where you won't be bothered and you have no responsibilities to attend to. Feeling safe and comfortable is a good way to start a trip.

Ok, final question and I'll leave you alone. As someone who has done this many times, is the first trip the best one?

It could be, but it probably won't be the best one. I've been tripping for 2 decades+ and I keep finding it better and better in different ways. Maybe my best trip ever happened 20 years after my first one. Still, there is something special about your first trip!

You can keep asking as many questions as you'd like, we don't mind :)

If you are worried about your trip sitter taking advantage of you when you're on LSD then you should pick another trip sitter.

When using psychedelics your perception of the world changes drastically and in the worst cases you may start to become paranoid that your sitter has ill intentions among many other things. For this reason it is best to pick a person you trust very much as your trip sitter so they can talk you out of a bad trip, assure you that they care about you and that you're a good person.

Just be relaxed and in a familiar, safe environment and your trip should go fine. If you start freaking out just remember that you are on a drug and you'll be back to normal after it wears off. Have you and your trip sitter research the drug you are taking. Make sure the trip sitter learns what to do in the event you start having a bad trip.

The protocol for the trip sitter during bad trips usually just involves comforting the person and reminding them that they are just on a drug and they'll be safe and back to normal when it wears off. The trip sitter shouldn't talk down to or patronize the tripper, definitely don't talk to them like theyre a small child. Speak in a calm level headed way and just keep giving them consolation that everything is going to be alright.

Pick a place and time where you won't be bothered and you have no responsibilities to attend to. Feeling safe and comfortable is a good way to start a trip.
All sound advice.

I found my first to be one of the best, but not the best. Thinking back, my most intense and profound experience was my fourth trip.

My first trip was with three other people and two of them I never met before. It went fine but if it had gone wrong it really would've gone wrong. I think the trip sitter should be the person you're closest with, unless they don't want to then just pick the next best. Just as long as you trust them. You can get test kits to make sure it is actually LSD but to find out exactly how strong the acid is (I mean purity not dosage) you'd have to destroy it in the process.

Did it actually help with your creativity at all? I actually enjoy painting as a hobby (I am an art school drop out) and I'm wondering if it would be beneficial.

That's completely subjective.

I will say that I enjoy playing the didgeridoo on it, when I'm normally not much of a musician. I also couldn't figure it out till some random moment when I was trying to play it while tripping. Interesting instrument. Anyways, I've had inspiration from psychedelics, but one could say this about many drugs, for me most particularly cannabis.

The only things that it would be 'cut' with would have a taste; people don't cut acid, they intentionally sell you something that isn't acid or they sell you acid pretty much. If it's bitter it's a spitter.

Yeah my first mushroom trip was a beautiful disaster, it was incredible at first but then the jackass I was tripping with started giving everyone shit and fucking with us. It got to a point where I thought I was in an infinite loop and the only way out was to kill myself. It was pretty terrifying but that is an example of how one bad person can lead a trip in a very dark direction.

Choose wisely who you trip with, it could save you from an awful experience.

Also, if this is any indicator of how I'll react to LSD, I am a happy drunk, but not a happy stoner. I just don't add much when I'm stoned - I just lie there.

So no taste is good, bitter is bad?
Yes

Also, if this is any indicator of how I'll react to LSD, I am a happy drunk, but not a happy stoner. I just don't add much when I'm stoned - I just lie there.
It's really up to the individual. I know people who like acid and smoke, some who like acid and don't, some who smoke and don't like acid. You could be anything. Maybe you won't like it. Who knows?

If there's one thing acid has taught me, it's that life is not black and white.