• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best sleeping pill other than ambien

I don't joke about things like this. Cessation of extreme use of benzos or alcohol is obviously something that has to be done with caution. Respectfully, there is a difference between what you might have heard about benzo 'withdrawal' and what is actually the case. Many people take benzos for an anxiety disorder, subsequently cease the medication and then blame the recurrence of anxiety incorrectly on 'withdrawal' from the medication. In actual fact, it is most often just the re-emergence of the pre-existing anxiety. Zolpidem is renowned for the 'hangover' effect. Benzos are not known for this phenomenon. The fact remains: benzos are safe and effective in therapeutic use. They are the only medication class truly effective for anxiety.

Actually, I was more concerned with the part where it causes seizures.

I'm prescribed 10mg of Ambian, however I've been experimenting with taking higher doses than recommended. I'm not condoning this but I've found that the more I take the more awake I feel. I get so much done. I took 30mg plus 2mg of clonipin and 3500mg of Gabapentin. I'm feeling pretty good right now.
But again I DO NOT CONDONE doing this. I have a crazy high tolerance medicine. I have been on benzos for over 10 years. So please be careful!

I struggle with insomnia, primarily falling asleep rather than staying asleep. Last night I slept for 20 hours after not sleeping for 72 (No I wasn't taking meth or anything). I was taking benzos daily for a few years during the day for anxiety and stopped at the beginning of the year, so benzos are now a no for me, though I found them nearly useless for sleep anyway even temazepam. Ambien or Lunesta were pretty worthless and I would rarely fall asleep before they wore off.

Mirtazepine at 15mg is maybe slightly better than other antihistamines, but it's main action is H1 antagonism so not a big difference.

Surprisingly I've found clonidine to be far superior at knocking me out than anything else (never tried seroquel). I'm honestly surprised it isn't prescribed way more for this purpose considering it has no abuse potential and tolerance doesn't seem to grow too quickly. I no longer take this as I don't want to screw with my BP that much anymore and I take guanfacine anyway.

Now I take hydroxyzine, 100mg. When I first tried it even half that dose worked great even though I was taking benadryl all the time for allergies. It doesn't make me feel uncomfortable at higher doses like diph does. But after a month it barely works and I mostly take it for allergies rather than sedation now.

So yeah I'm in the same position. GHB is probably the best sleep drug prescribed now (besides the 5 people who still get seconal). But it costs more than my car and probably isn't prescribed for anything besides narcolepsy. I don't know what to do now. Just practice not getting too upset when I don't fall asleep after 4 hours of laying in the dark? Fuck.

My problem is not so much falling asleep as staying asleep. If a mouse farts in the attic it will wake me up. I have found that 2.2 mgs of bromazolam gives me 6 or so hours of uninterrupted sleep. I don’t abuse it and rotate with things like hydroxyzine and clonidine. But yeah, RCs have worked great for me for sleep.

Zopiclone 7.5mg. Mirtazapine 15mg 30mg 45mg. Flurazepam 15mg 30mg. Tamazepam ( Not sure of dosage ). Stilnoct 5mg 10mg.

Personally I would recommend Stilnoct. Ive tried all of the above for sleep and some recreationally and for just sleep Stilnoct was certainly the best with little to no side effects in my personal experience anyway. Mirtazapine is an anti depressant and leaves you groggy as fuck and makes you eat like a pig the next day. Zopiclone leaves a horrible metal type tastr in your mouth the next day. Flurazepam and Tamazepam are better for me recreationally plus they're pretty hard to get on a constant prescription for a long period of time because of there recreational value and as they can be quite addictive in some cases. Hope this helps. Stay Safe, Peace, Mr.Heffo94.

The best thing for sleep imo is a nice black hashish of Pakistani origin. No rebound effects or tolerance issues like all of the aforementioned pharmaceuticals.