View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Going back after a long break.

RubenSuave313

Greenlighter
So, a few years ago I had a string of bad L trips that were set off by smoking weed. It completely ruined weed for me and i quickly went from an everyday smoker (for 9 years) to quitting cold turkey. That went on for about 7 months, then I decided to smoke again. Instant paranoia, it was as if I was micro tripping. And the next few times I smoked I got the same results. Has anyone else felt that weed was somehow different and more psychedelic after take L a few times? I havent smoked in 18 months now but im grabbing some mids Friday.. Im gonna keep some beers handy in case the anxiety fucks me. Please let me know if Lucy changed Mary for you, and what you did to possibly fix it?

I'm really going out on a limb here, but I think weed just affects some people that way. I mean that for those people weed and LSD come into polar opposition. It's almost as if L just isn't having it (any more). I am one of those people who cannot smoke it at all when I trip, it's that bad. I've had my ears boxed for suggesting people shouldn't do it, so I'm not gonna say that.
But please, do allow for the possibility that L's just having her way with you on this. If I'm completely honest, weed simply wrecked my life, so I walked away from it 40 years ago and never looked back. And if you'll allow, for me that was the right move. Weed can have the long-term affects you describe, and sometimes for some people, they're permanent.

Best wishes now and always.

Last edited:
so you haven't smoked for ages and have no tolerance and you are finding weed intense.

how much are you smoking? a lot of people get hypersensitive over time

you might have to have the tiniest amount of green to see if maybe you are just having wayyyy too much for your current tolerance

Update: Smoked some goods took a small puff now Im kicking back jammin to some Bob Marley. damn it feels good to be back

I think weed is one of those that can intensify or dull an experience depending on a person's mood and can have long lasting effects. And I'm only speaking purely from personal experience. If I remember correctly, L starts out with some short-lived anxiety so it could have intensified that. Years ago I was an avid smoker and had not a single hint of negativity from it for years. That is, until I got laced with what I believe was pcp. I can only guess that that's what it was based on the research I did on what my experience was like because I've never tried pcp before or after that and that experience was nothing like anything else I've tried (which is a lot). Anyways, since the day someone laced my weed, I got extreme paranoia even if I only took one very small hit. I think my brain just associated weed with that horrific high from that point on. I've had a small amount of instances since then when I could smoke and not get the paranoia but I eventually quit smoking it all together. Hopefully that's not the case for you and you can continue smoking comfortably. Happy toking:)

Update: Smoked some goods took a small puff now Im kicking back jammin to some Bob Marley. damn it feels good to be back

Proper set and setting of course! :D

Nothing for me is written in stone. So I am not surprised you enjoyed a weed high and some good music after a period of time.

Depends on the person.

I don't trip without cannabis. Just makes it better in every way for me. Headspace goes off the charts.

I say trip and smoke again and face your fear. But I'm a tad crazy lol. Bad trips are enjoyable for me every now and then. Makes you feel alive:)

Ohh this topic reminded me of mixing a fat hit of weed with a high dose of ketamine... Thats just being too far out for my liking. It could be different with psychedelics though, Id definitely give it a try one day

Cannabis=instant paranoia for a lot of people. I think it only intensifies with time. I wouldn´t try, but if you are going to try, cure the set and setting and go for the smaller of the puffs.

Good luck!