• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids poppy tea - possible contamination from reusing old equipment

noone1

Bluelighter
This isn't about drug use per se but I didn't know where else to put it. I use old soda bottles to make my pst and sometimes reuse them out of laziness. I do clean them out with water between uses but that's about it sometimes the old tea will sit in the bottles and sometimes the seeds will sit in there and cause the bottles to get puffy.

I made some poppy tea with bottles that where 2+ weeks old they didn't smell funny and I didn't see any fuzz or anything. My tea had an odd particularly bitter taste but this seemed different than the usual opiate bitterness, like a dumbshit I still drank it because I was starting to get sick to my credit I only drank one cup and tossed the other cup away.

About 8 hours later and I'm having gastrointestinal issues, slight diarrhea and a bad stomach that could be explained by anything since I have a bad stomach to begin with: stress, alcohol, gerd medication, could even just be withdrawal.

I'm reading all about mycotoxins, spores, mold, bacteria, etc and giving myself bad panic attacks. Can someone with knowledge make me feel better about this? I should be in the clear in 2 days right?

Mods - close or move this as you see fit.

Everyone remember not to be lazy and use proper harm reduction techniques.

Yea definitely wash everything out if the bottles or better yet just go by 1 liter smartwater bottles, which can hold probably up to lb, but that's way more than anyone should need.

Don't let mold grow as once it's introduced the spores linger after the mold is removed and will cause anything in it to grow again once a medium is introduced.

Also don't let it sit longer than a few hours or it will go sour, bubbly, and ferment. Not something you want to drink.

looks like I'm okay it did give me diarrhea though because I've had tons of opiates and still have to go to the bathroom. I'm not puking my guts out which is a plus. I read many common molds have a bitter taste which is probably what I got, it's the uncommon molds people should be worried about.

I would invest in some dish soap. Water alone isn't going to do much to get rid of potential pathogens. Just rinsing a few times with soap and water should be sufficient though.

^yeah I usually do that if its been longer than a week but I was focused on just feeling better. It's probably a good idea just to rotate equipment if you use plastic since you can leech out cancer causing chemicals. I'm being a dumb ass with my health just to save a dollar on soda.