• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Can't stand it in South Carolina

limegreen_421

Greenlighter
Hi All,

I've made a couple posts here before, but its been six months and I never properly introduced myself. I am a transplant to the deep south. I made the move willingly, but I pretty much hate it here and have had a lot of trouble making friends. Not to say that that wouldn't be an issue for me anyway, as I'm terribly socially anxious and at this point semi-homebound agoraphobic. Anyway, was hoping to find some other members in the area for general support and such. I've also noticed the adoption thread and I will definitely be stopping over there next. I'm having a really rough week and needed to reach out somehow. I'm not suicidal or anything like that, just super depressed, lonely, and feeling pretty hopeless right now. My drug of choice (fentanyl) certainly doesn't help things and I want off very very soon, but like most others am scared of the w/d's.

I just turned 30 and I think that has had a lot to do with the depression as I'm certainly not where I envisioned I would be in life by this time. When I'm not moping about the state of my life I really enjoy gardening and hanging out with my two dogs (twin boys!). I also enjoy cooking and baking, though I haven't been doing much of it lately.

I don't have any family support, which is a good thing if you knew my family! And unfortunately I've lost touch with most of my friends back home since they all have kids and life goes on when someone leaves. I don't do the religion thing, so while I'm surrounded by churches I'm not willing to try that as a means of support. I've found some online NA meetings that I think will be helpful for me once I do jump off. Lately I've just been so desperate for a connection with another person. I'm a greenlighter, so I can't PM or anything yet but I'd love to chat in the open forum for the time being!

-Lime