• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Relapse The joys of sober living after you've recovered (Meth)

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
I relapsed today, not proud, but not regretful either. For the past four weeks I've dealt with my mental illness, and really been working on my body. I've taken on many new hobbies and developed my interest in the arts. I can only say that after recovering for four weeks, and coming back for the ever present one last time, it's just not half as rewarding as my life has been before this point. The struggles, the agony, the pain, the itch that doesn't cease, have shaped me. The whole fact that I've reached 4 weeks sobriety off meth is amazing to me, as many don't make it out alive. I'm strong and everybody here is strong for facing these demons.

Although I was weak this time, and I will probably try again, recovering has and will always be the best journey of my life.

Good luck everybody facing addiction, because there is truly a light at the end of the tunnel, and you will only notice it when you get used to the darkness.

<3

TL;DR

Is it worth it going sober? Yes.

Yep. Things are never as good as you recall. Its just addiction trying to get you back in. And that bit was a reminder to not bother.

Dont worry about it. Just keep going as you were and cut iff the contact you got yeah?

You've got a good attitude about that slip, cyberius. Just dust yourself off and keep doing what you've been doing. I used to be really harsh on myself when I lapsed. But over time I accepted that for me, slips were part of the process of getting better. Over time I got serious about trying to learn from them. But the main thing is just not to let it break your momentum.

Good luck, man.

I would love to say I just one day quit meth and never looked back. I fell of the wagon a few times myself. The BIG thing is to keep moving forward. Always forward till meth is a distant past.

R13

^ Sure. Just don't think about not having it for the rest of your life, focus on this day and go on until you learn to control your cravings.
Hope everything turns out okay!