• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Weed making me use harder drugs

Legally High

Bluelighter
When I smoke weed with a close friend and be a loner it's cool. But if I have to interact with anyone I start popping pills when I get high which I would never do sober. I should probably just quit smoking, even though some aspects are highly enjoyable.

Well just smoke when you are going to be by yourself. I never liked interacting with people when smoking weed so I only did it by myself for a long time. If you can't handle weed without doing more drugs then sounds like your best option is quitting

Kind of silly to say that smoking weed makes you pop pills... It's you who is making the decision to take pills. It's a total copout to blame the weed. You need to have accountability for your own actions. If taking pills is not ok in your opinion, then you have to make a conscious decision to not take them. Whether your high or sober.

Smoking weed makes me crave for other drugs also it gets my imagination going about how awesome it would be to get some Molly or get some Coke or do some dope

a lot of people have this problem with alcohol decreasing their inhibitions and leading to other drugs (such as stimulants).
i'm kinda the opposite with weed, but i agree with the above; maybe you should just try to stick to smoking alone.

After qutting kratom, id say weed does the complete opposite for me. It kills all the cravings and makes me feel content

you're too young to be doing pills n shit man, it's got nout to do with the wweed.

same for me, but with other opiates.
helps keep me away from that stuff.

As previously stated... You make the choice of what substances you put in your body. Ive gotten off crack using pot! Don't make pot look bad because of your poor choices! Marijuana has many medicinal uses and has been known to reduce the size of cancerous tumors. I think your anxiety in social settings isn't working well with pot strains that cause anxiety. You are working against yourself. That is why you are ok smoking alone or with 1 friend. When I first started smoking pot I would become paranoid in social settings. Now getting high calms me with my social anxiety.

It could be that you are experiencing anxiety from using the Cannabis and this is in turn causing you to search out further intoxication, as you mention that when you're with other people or in groups that you tend to reach for the pills more often. Does this sound like a possibility?

That is exactly the case. Weed can make me feel good but also very anxious around people. I think saying farewell to weed until they legalize it and I can pick strains is my only option at this point. Otherwise I'll just descend into anxiety and pill use...the story of my life

Another issue I've encountered, and some of these things have only come with years and years of usage, is that groups of people have a major impact on how much of a given drug you're actually going to consume, especially with something like Cannabis. There's not a high level of titration involved when smoking with groups of people. Often, a joint is rolled or a pipe is packed and everyone smokes cylically until it's done/empty. Being that it takes over several minutes to reach peak effects from inhalation and only 1-2 minutes to pass a pipe around a circle, you can easily lose track of your intake and become too high.

I guess my point is that maybe you are medicating symptoms of anxiety with your Cannabis use, but the fact that you're with other people and trying to keep pace with them is causing you to consume too much, leading to your anxiety problem.

^ good points.
when i have a low tolerance, smoking socially can be awfully anxiety-producing.
when i have a high tolerance, i seem to get far higher when i smoke in company, as opposed to alone.

Yea I almost mentioned that. I only take a one or two hits and carefully pace myself when I have my own bud and am alone. But I have a job coming up so I got to let it go I guess it wasn't meant to be.