• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Heroin WD (and urinalysis) Questions

FinallyKickinIt

Greenlighter
After a year of sobriety I'm back at it.

Two questions this time, one about withdrawal and one about urinalysis. First a quick bio:

I used H about everyday for the last two months, between .5-.75 g of low quality white snorted (honestly could be fentanyl - no way to be sure) Last week I cut back to the same dose once every 48 hours, the last dose being Wednesday last week. WDs have been nearly non-existent but for the insomnia and a dull headache - both of which I can deal with, it's more of a nuisance than anything else. No anxiety, minimal diarrhea, etc.

So with that, anyone have input on when I might start getting some quality sleep? It's Monday, day 5 now.

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Drug test questions are not allowed on Bluelight but I imagine there are other places to get info on the web. Why did you go back? Have you figured out what happened and some new strategies for avoiding having it happen again?

I couldn't tell you exactly. I found myself in a mess of legal trouble last year so I checked myself into a detox - at first just to appeal to the courts sympathies to the opioid epidemic in my area. But I went the "fake it 'til you make it" route and after 45 days of inpatient treatment and 11 months more in a sober home, the twelve steps were a pretty big part of my day-to-day.

Then out of nowhere a clerical error between probation and the sober home gave me almost two full months to fuck around and I just jumped in without thinking.

It's about 9:45 am on Tuesday now and 3:30 this afternoon will make 6 days clean. Due to the probation screening on Thursday at 4:00 pm those have been 6 days of complete sobriety, akin to my previous 12+ months - no weed, no benzos, etc. The only moderate symptom I suffered from was the insomnia, but last night I got a solid 7 hours of sleep - which is pretty typical for me sober or otherwise. I work a pretty demanding (mentally anyway) finance job and ive managed just fine through the past week.

Can't lie, I've been anticipating getting this screening out of the way so I can go score. Mostly, I think, because the WDs were really a piece of cake.

Please save me the line about why I shouldn't because, quite frankly, I've heard it. But do you think if I use Thursday night (about 8.5 days clean) I'll reset the insomnia with one use?

I'm asking strictly about the insomnia because, again, it's been the only symptom I've had a moderate struggle with.

This is all, of course, assuming I pass my screening.

Why not just continue on with the sobriety. Your just going to find yourself in the same situation again and again. You may also find yourself in a big nasty hole if you get popped with a hot UA while in the claws of the courts.

Doesn't seem worth it and just seems like addiction trying to ruin you?

I couldn't tell you exactly. I found myself in a mess of legal trouble last year so I checked myself into a detox - at first just to appeal to the courts sympathies to the opioid epidemic in my area. But I went the "fake it 'til you make it" route and after 45 days of inpatient treatment and 11 months more in a sober home, the twelve steps were a pretty big part of my day-to-day.

Then out of nowhere a clerical error between probation and the sober home gave me almost two full months to fuck around and I just jumped in without thinking.

It's about 9:45 am on Tuesday now and 3:30 this afternoon will make 6 days clean. Due to the probation screening on Thursday at 4:00 pm those have been 6 days of complete sobriety, akin to my previous 12+ months - no weed, no benzos, etc. The only moderate symptom I suffered from was the insomnia, but last night I got a solid 7 hours of sleep - which is pretty typical for me sober or otherwise. I work a pretty demanding (mentally anyway) finance job and ive managed just fine through the past week.

Can't lie, I've been anticipating getting this screening out of the way so I can go score. Mostly, I think, because the WDs were really a piece of cake.

Please save me the line about why I shouldn't because, quite frankly, I've heard it. But do you think if I use Thursday night (about 8.5 days clean) I'll reset the insomnia with one use?

I'm asking strictly about the insomnia because, again, it's been the only symptom I've had a moderate struggle with.

This is all, of course, assuming I pass my screening.

From an ex heroin addict, I would recommend you stop now before you become so consumed by the life and life style that you find yourself in a trap you can no longer escape.

The issue with me was, Over time, I truly became exhausted with the drug and the routine, but you become so physically addicted that you require the drug and there is an intense fear of getting off. (As if your life depends on it, which it does)

Then in the recovery process, you maintain that fear. It's a scary thing and I hope you learn that now before falling back into the illusion of control.

One of my worst fears was my son and what I would do if there was a disaster and I was not able to get my opiates and how useless I would be.

It's a scary life style to choose. Don't under estimate the drug. Even if you feel you have it under control.

I wish you best. I hope you break free before it consumes you. Not everyone makes it out of that routine.

I would recommend you stop now before you become so consumed by the life and life style that you find yourself in a trap you can no longer escape.

The issue with me was, Over time, I truly became exhausted with the drug and the routine, but you become so physically addicted that you require the drug and there is an intense fear of getting off. (As if your life depends on it, which it does)

Then in the recovery process, you maintain that fear. It's a scary thing and I hope you learn that now before falling back into the illusion of control.

One of my worst fears was my son and what I would do if there was a disaster and I was not able to get my opiates and how useless I would be.

It's a scary life style to choose. Don't underestimate the drug. Even if you feel you have it under control.

I wish you best. I hope you break free before it consumes you. Not everyone makes it out of that routine.

True. My thoughts exactly.