• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mirtazipine Weight Gain

cduggles

Bluelight Crew
Hello,
If you tried mirtazipine and gained weight and then discontinued mirtazipine, did you keep the weight on?
If yes,what was your dosage, how long did you use it and how much did you gain?

I'm trying to gain weight, so this isn't like a "meth to lose weight" thing. And it worked for my insomnia for a bit so it's all good.

Best, CD

I've never used that particular drug but when I gained weight from antidepressants I didn't lose it until I did something to try and lose it.

I have used 45 mg of Mirtazipine and gained weight. It started after few months and it was actually welcome. But later I noticed it was making me hungry, and at the same time it added a couple of kilos, exactly 4.40 pounds. I asked the doctor and he said it's normal to gain as much as 6 to 8 kilos long term, mostly for men.

I didn't gain all of that, but after using it for around 18 months I believe I kept around 3-4 kilos (app. 8 pounds - average) after having stopped using the medication.

A couple of years ago I stopped using opiates and benzos and as a result I lost all of these kilos I had gained and more. So my conclusion was that I wouldn't use it specifically to gain weight but because it that was a very good anti depressant. The best I ever used.

Last edited:
^ :)

My experience only. I hope I've answered your question.

Ja, I think so. If I am mistaken, could you please explain in American/ft-lbs? :)
My understanding is that you did gain weight but then lost it by quitting opiates and benzos.
However, I think it's pretty brill to quit opiates and benzos and lose weight and use mirtazipine to gain some back (while of course exercising).
It's like I'm doing what you did backwards?
I wonder why it's a male/female thing with the weight.
That is all for now.
Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.
Best, CD

yeah weight gain is a pretty common side effect for any anticholinergic meds, i gained about a stone on 30mgs of mirtaz over several months, and can be a bit of a bitch to work that extra weight off even after you've discontinued the meds but it can be done - just get a decetn exercise routine and eat healthy.

keeping Thank you for replying. I want the weight! And the rest.

Any women or men <141 lbs gain weight on mirtazipine? If yes, what dosage for how long?
Thanks!
I would like to gain ~10-15lbs or ~6.5 kilos = ~1 stone
I will exercise and not just be a fatty. Thanks. :)

Last edited:
I'm on remeron too, but I heard that once you stop, you will lose the remeron weight. Unfortunately, without remeron, I cannot sleep at all, so I can't stop