Admin Attention Can we be stricter about enforcing the "no sourcing" rule?

Vastness

Bluelight Crew
I am going to try to make this post without committing the very act I am about to complain about, BUT. something that I see a lot on this site that concerns me a little, is people not asking directly, but implying a question in an existing thread, and as part of another discussion, which is essentially, "Where can I get this drug?", and then someone, no doubt with good intentions, will try to cleverly leave a hint about somewhere which many of us know that many drugs can be found quite easily, without actually saying it.

This kind of thing usually goes unchecked and the posts remain unedited by mods.

To me this is just a more roundabout version of the legally useless SWIM, which we obviously don't use here. For a start it is obvious to anyone who already knows, including law enforcement agencies, what is being referred to, so one or potentially both users are risking incriminating themselves. I have also seen people using much more obvious language on occasion... even with what I see as an arrogance that is bordering on foolish.

Secondly, I really think that even if well intentioned it is borderline irresponsible to do this. I don't think it is too much of an ask that if people can't obtain one substance or other, they just not use it. While we all think, for the most part, that drugs are on the whole potentially quite beneficial and potentially quite harmless sources of new experiences or sheer hedonic entertainment, no one would deny that many in the wrong hands have the potential to be quite harmful. The War on Drugs is based entirely on a huge exaggeration of the latter premise, so I think that as a community we need to NOT create more examples this, as far as is possible, and one such way to do this is not to just brazenly tell everyone who asks where to get things.

I'm sure that I am mostly preaching to the converted here as far as my reasons for making this post, and I'm sure that this is why the "no sourcing" rule exists in the first place. I realise also there are still plenty of other places people can go to get their questions answered, BUT as long as this is primarily a harm reduction forum, I think "no sourcing" should MEAN "NO sourcing", and people should not be told where to get things, even if indrectly.

Hey man, I totally agree with you. Bluelight is pretty busy, there are a lot of posters making a lot of posts, so things can fall through the cracks.

If you want to help, make sure you report any and all of these sort of posts, all staff members can see them if you do this. :)

We're not always online, and when we are, we can't read every post. We rely on regular members to assist through the reported post function.

I'm happy to hear any other concerns or questions you might have.