• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Seeking info for a book I'm writing

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8iswhoeyeyam

Greenlighter
Basically, I'm writing a book. The setting is basically Roman style dress and architecture, it's much more modern. Think if the Roman Empire never collapsed. The story centers around a slave trading company/religion in their efforts to create the perfect slave and the lives of "The Masters" that train them. The Masters are part of a religious sect that train the slaves to better serve the nobility of the nation.

The part of the story I need help fleshing out is how they break the free person and mold it into perpetually submissive and obeisant slave. The idea behind the Masters work is have the slave venerate the Masters and later their owner as a personal god that lives to serve and please - that is to say they believe they were created and brought into existence to serve their god. I'm thinking that drugs, perhaps hallucinogens, would be involved. I realize since it's fiction that I could make up a magic potion that does this, but that seems like a cop-out and instead thought I'd seek out information on real life possibilities to reflect in the story. I know extremely little about drugs, but I've asked on other forums and have been told this is the best drug board and I was hoping to find help here with answers.

Basically, I'm looking for ideas on how break the mind from a current reality in order to implant a new one. Some of the reading I've done and asking around other places have brought up datura; that the subject becomes very suggestive and the trip can last a day or more. Does anyone have experience with this?

Any help is appreciated! If I'm on the wrong board please tell me and direct me to the most appropriate one please.

Invent a fictional substance or use your imagination, this is close enough to the topic of "what's the best pharmacy combo to drive someone insane" that it really isnt appropriate for this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.