• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Can narcolepsy cause severe pain without a apparent cause?

d1nach

Bluelighter
I was diagnosed with narcolepsy and sometimes ill wakeup and feel the need to pace and ill make noises like ow and i feel like its really embarrassing because i become like a big baby like i listen to music and rock back with something in my mouth because it feels like i cant control my muscles. Like a cramp you cant walk off or ill slurr my speach and have troublr talking sober then ill.

Sorry if thia isbr very clean ritten ita luke my im tryi g to type as best o can but in addiction tp the weekness it feels loke i looae myability to do fine tunedptor skills fpr like a few mimutes. Then i snap out of t.

I'd say no. Ask your doctor about ths though, it could be an indication of something more serious.

So I took my narcolepsy medication (adderall and provigil) and now I can type fine. I should point outs its not a all day thing itll be like a 10 minute bout of extreme weakness.

Its embarrassing though because im typically a huge tool during those ten minutes like i make a weird flat face or a like grimace so itll seem like im mad at someone and if they talking to me ill typical act like a irrational five year old only to snap out of it in five minutes and have to repair all that damage.

Like im 21 and this really pretty girl wanted me to come over to have sex with her and i didnt go because i was scared i could get like overkwhelmed and passout like those dam fainting goats.

Idk why im saying this

Like im 21 and this really pretty girl wanted me to come over to have sex with her and i didnt go because i was scared i could get like overkwhelmed and passout like those dam fainting goats.
you're worrying too much, worst case shes into something freaky, if you take your pills and explain to any potential suitors whats up, you'll be fine

if you take your pills and explain to any potential suitors whats up, you'll be fine

This ^ you'll be fine. :) Makes a lot of difference to explain in advance, warn about the behavior after waking up particularly. Plus you'll have the perfect alibi to fall asleep after sex.

I feel so embarrassed about it because when it happens it feels like your wasted but you arent in control of how much or when you drink. Live all day your with a iv of everclear and you never know when how or how much youll randomly get hit with. I think thats why i get depressed because everyones always like your so smart why dont you stop getting f*** up on amphetamine and tobacco and coffee and just go to class. So then i stop taking drugs and i talk like i did in my first post. This is me high. When i asked the question i was sober. So when im sober people hate me for being too high. And when im functioning people hate me for using so much drugs.

When i wokeup before taking my drugs i typed likethis

"Ummn ao fuks dfddded" (actual post i made on youtube less than 2 hours ago) and was drooling on myself

After i drank like half a pot of coffee and took amphetamine getting dirty looks from my family like there he goes again with the drugs. Now i can control my muscles enough to type like this.

Its like world christian and only the devil allows me to walk and talk and takes the pain away

Like i try to say smelling alcohol helps me because it interacts with 5 ht3 receptors and my narcolepsy meds activate chemosensors in my brain and so smelling alcohol helps me keep food down. But its like im talking to a wall the moment i say alcohol its alcohol is bad what ur doing is stupid your stupid.

Sounds like you really need your medications to function normally so I say screw your family members opinions on it.

I feel so embarrassed about it because when it happens it feels like your wasted but you arent in control of how much or when you drink. Live all day your with a iv of everclear and you never know when how or how much youll randomly get hit with. I think thats why i get depressed because everyones always like your so smart why dont you stop getting f*** up on amphetamine and tobacco and coffee and just go to class. So then i stop taking drugs and i talk like i did in my first post. This is me high. When i asked the question i was sober. So when im sober people hate me for being too high. And when im functioning people hate me for using so much drugs.

Don't feel embarrassed dude. You have a rare sleeping disorder. You can't help it. I have severe ADHD, I can't help it. Some people have diabetes, they can't help it. In this regard we are the same.

I would attribute your pain to a very simple idea. If any of your muscles are being used to do something, anything really that muscle is intentionally tensed up by you because of the action you arw using it for. Then bam, narcolepsy kicks in and your brain goes into a semi-REM sleep mode and the muscle stays tensed up because you do not have the mental capacity to ease the muscle within the narcoleptic state. It is like doing a bench press or lifting weights and keeping the weight lifted for minutes on end.

Long story short, your muscles are overwhelmed with being tense and you will feel like you've been in the gym lifting 24/7.

I feel for you man, that can't be pleasant.

Thank you everyone. I only fell asleep once today and i looked over at the clock and only a few minutes had gone by . Very bizzare. I can only compare it to when i got propofol anesthesia one min your awake then a slight unease comes over you then bam ur awake and its like nothing ever happened.

That sounds really rough man.
I agree with this -
Sounds like you really need your medications to function normally so I say screw your family members opinions on it.

If you're scripted those drugs, and they legitimately help, you shouldn't have to feel guilty or stigmatised.

"10 minute bout of extreme weakness."

Sounds like cataplexy, has nobody talked to you about cataplexy?

Narcolepsy has been thought to be due to issues with a wakeful projection that activates the brain, facilitated by orexin.

Normally such wakeful projections lead to an increase in dopamine/norepinephrine throughout the brain, so it makes sense that amphetamine would counter the symptoms by causing dopamine/norepinephrine release irrespective of the failure of the wakeful projections.

Ya like yesterday it felt like if i wasnt lying down i would of fell like i was on my bed but it felt almost like i my muscles stoped then i jumped out of bed and chugged coffee.

Like i just wokeup and it feels like my phone is like really heavy and its taking forever to type this. Then once the adderall kicks in i feel fine. But i lye down till i feel it because i feel this unease of feeling like i aint confident in my motor reflexs

If anyone seen wolf of walstreet where he takes a bunch of qualuudes and is crawling on the floor slurring then his friend chokes on a peice of salami so he grabs a knife crawls over to the coach cutts it open pulls out hidden cocaine takes it with popeye on the tv then he suddenly can walk and give him cpr. When i take adderall the effects are that dramatic.