• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants IV Meth (initial few tries): Concerns About Pain Experienced In Veins & Vein Damage

arthunter888

Bluelighter
IV Meth (initial few tries): Concerns About Pain Experienced In Veins & Vein Damage

So I have been a long-term (mostly maintanence) opiate/heroin user for almost a decade. I started snorting, but eventually moved to using IV every time for financial efficiency and better euphoria. Anyway, I researched in length most of what is required to know about safe injecting practices, I always use the cleanest heroin I can find (90% of the time it's 'real' China White heroin from the Golden Triangle region (not the slang term for fent-analogues), which is the purest heroin in the world outside of a government controlled heron pharmacy/clinics in a couple countries. It dissolves quickly with no solids at all, resulting in a clear solution every time.

Now, my IV techniques: I always use 1mL, 1/4" tip length, 31-guage needles so they are extremely short and thin and do not cause big injection wounds. I also try to rotate veins as much as possible (which is not hard since I only need 2 shots per day/24 hours), and I always make sure I am in the vein (via registering first before injecting). And most importantly, I always use the finest quality filter in existence: the Whatman .20ug (pore size) Wheel Filter before every shot, which removes any solids (although with my dope there are none anyway, and 99% of bacteria as well.

Anyway, I have tried almost every drug their is except a select few, and recently had the opportunity to cross one of those off the "bucket list". Methamphetamine. Yeah, I know it has a bad stigma, but I mainly did not want to miss the opportunity of trying some that seemed to be of such high purity that it's hard to get a hold of that level of quality. Keep in mind I have no experience with Meth before (though I do have a lot with (IR) Adderall via all ROAs. Anyway this batch of 'glass' looked to me like it was exceptionally purer than most meth on the market one would usually encounter: it was in the form of beautiful, decent size shards of clear 'glass' like crystals with no tint to them, which are usually the signs of high purity meth according to research and info from other experienced meth users..

Naturally, my main goal was to IV the meth since that is what I was already used to with heroin, and the rush from IV meth is supposed to be heavenly euphoric. Anyway, I prepared a shot with the same exact steps I use for heroin. I weighed out 50mg, dissolved in 80 units (.8mL of water), and filtered through the micron before injecting with the same 1mL 31G needle as usual. Yes the rush was extremely euphoric as I expected, lasted longer than a cocaine rush, and resulted in hours of a very euphoric high physically (warm waves and tingles all over my body) and and mentally (elevated mood, slightly more energy but not an overly-tweaked feeling, and a clear, but more focused mind-state (almost no anxiety or 'jitters' often associated with lower quality meth).

So all signs so far confirmed (to my limited knowledge) that this is probably very high quality meth. It was a very pleasant, euphoric, long lasting 'high' that did not at all resemble the 'stereotypical' meth high as depicted via movies, etc, (meaning overly-tweaked, chaotic energy, confusion/paranoia, anxiety, etc.). My experience was ironically very mellow and positive, with only a small-moderate amount of increased energy, but it was mainly elevated mood and mental and (intense) physical euphoria. The comedown was a little harsh though, causing me lethargy and a strong sensation of my dopamine, nor-ephinephrine receptors being kind of stressed or temporarily "burned out". I assume this comedown is typical to meth regardless of purity.

There was one negative aspect of this meth that makes me question it's exact purity. Although it was clearly more pure than local or average street meth, there was a significant problem: when injected (even with my meticulously safe IV procedure), and even though I diluted the solution as much as possible to minimize possible irritant chemicals present, I could feel the meth causing painful/burning sensation in parts of my vein located near the injection site (that big fat vein in the crook of the arm / inside of elbow). And also the injection wound swelled up a bit more temporarily after pulling out, was more tender/sore, and took longer to heal compared to my heroin shots.

Now I know this may be brought up, but I absolutely, 100%, did NOT miss the shot, not even partially. I have missed shots before and know precisely what it feels like, even partial misses (they both hurt like hell and cause a liquid bubble under the skin near the missed vein). This shot fully when into the vein as I slowly pushed down, and this was further confirmed by the rush that came on quick and strong, which was great by the way. But even with it seeming to be high purity meth, it seemed to be caustic/damaging to my veins. It not only caused burning sensations INSIDE my vein(s) for 5 minutes after the shot, I even kept getting these sensations hours later at random times, so the negative effects were somewhat long lasting (several hours). So it seems some type of damage was done to the lining of my veins, and I'm wondering what the reason might be.

After the first 2 days of painful shots, I had no choice but to stop IVing it out of fear that i would permanently cause too much damage to veins. But that pretty much all but made meth pointless for me, because it was mainly the rush that I was going for, and after stopping IV use, I tried every other ROA and of course all the other methods are nowhere near as euphoric as IV (not even the resulting high after the rush or lack of). I tried all other possible routes without much satisfaction snorting (burns my nose too bad, but next in line to IV in effectiveness, then plugging (better than oral, but more subtle than nasal), and actually smoking was the LEAST effective for me (it seemed to burn clean/smoothly, produced a more mellow relaxing buzz, without any major rush, but it takes SO MUCH smoked meth to get a decent buzz and therefore is very wasteful).

So now I don't even feel like it's worth using the remainder of my meth bag. I assumed that high-purity meth would not be noticeably rough on veins (especially when heavily diluted- mine was 50mg meth to .8mL water). So my question is for those knowledgeable on IV meth use, what is most likely the cause of this pain/damage to my veins? I do have a more expensive meth source available (which is the purest possible, around approx 85-90%, which would be a 9-10/10), but I'm not sure if it's worth paying the money if there is no guarantee that the higher purity would prevent the damaging of veins. So:

1) Is it likely that despite being well above average street purity (as was confirmed by more experienced users, but they also said it was not the PUREST meth they had done- they all graded it an 8/10), and therefore could that mean that it contained enough leftover chemicals (used in the synth, such as a caustic type of acid) that would damage the lining of veins?

2) Or is it this vein-toxicity unrelated to the quality of meth? I know the methamphetamine chemical itself, even in pure form, has some toxic properties. So is it possible that IVing any purity of meth will cause vein damage, because the meth itself (disregarding adulterants) is damaging on veins. Or will higher purity meth be less likely to cause these problems?

TL/DR IV use of somewhat high-purity meth (8/10 purity) caused painful burning inside my veins, suggesting it caused some slight vein damage. My abbreviated question is: what is doing the damage to the veins: the meth itself (even if 90+% purity), or is it more likely from caustic leftover chemicals (e.g. acids) from the synth (related to lower quality meth batches)?

I´ll say that meth has some burning sensation to it, anyway.
The problem is not only that it can be painful, but also that it will burn away the "one-way" valves in the veins.
Thus leaving the veins useless and fading away.
It will burn, and destroy veins. :(
I would recommend a weaker solution, using 1,5-2ml water. Slow and strong will burn more than weak and fast... IMHO.

I´ll say that meth has some burning sensation to it, anyway.
The problem is not only that it can be painful, but also that it will burn away the "one-way" valves in the veins.
Thus leaving the veins useless and fading away.
It will burn, and destroy veins. :(
I would recommend a weaker solution, using 1,5-2ml water. Slow and strong will burn more than weak and fast... IMHO.

Thx for the response. But I found that last part logically confusing (the ordering of slow-strong, weak-fast). Wouldn't logic dictate that [fast and strong] would burn more than [slow and weak]?

Think about this scientifically. If you are suggesting to use a more dilute solution, then the (implied) goal is to create the most dilute solution possible so the veins are not overwhelmed by the toxic chemicals (since with toxic chemicals in general: more concentrated = more toxic, thus a more concentrated solution would cause more pain since more of the chemical will come into contact with the veins at once.

But if the solution is going to be dilute (weak), then why would injecting even a weak/dilute solution faster be less painful than a slow injection? I would assume A fast injection would kind of defeat the purpose of the whole idea, because it will result in a higher concentration (mg/mL) of the chemical in the veins compared to slow injection, thus negating the whole point of making a dilute solution in the first place?

Does that make sense the way I describe it?

--Another question: I do have 3mL syringes, so I could make a very dilute solution if I wanted. But for the high to be worth it, I would want to use around 100mg of meth. Does this ratio (100mg/3mL) seem dilute enough to not cause permanent damage to the veins?

I always found that the thicker the shot, the more it'd "burn". I use that word loosely because it shouldn't be causing any serious amount of pain, you should only feel a serious burn if you miss.

Thx for the response. But I found that last part logically confusing (the ordering of slow-strong, weak-fast). Wouldn't logic dictate that [fast and strong] would burn more than [slow and weak]?

Think about this scientifically. If you are suggesting to use a more dilute solution, then the (implied) goal is to create the most dilute solution possible so the veins are not overwhelmed by the toxic chemicals (since with toxic chemicals in general: more concentrated = more toxic, thus a more concentrated solution would cause more pain since more of the chemical will come into contact with the veins at once.

But if the solution is going to be dilute (weak), then why would injecting even a weak/dilute solution faster be less painful than a slow injection? I would assume A fast injection would kind of defeat the purpose of the whole idea, because it will result in a higher concentration (mg/mL) of the chemical in the veins compared to slow injection, thus negating the whole point of making a dilute solution in the first place?

Does that make sense the way I describe it?

--Another question: I do have 3mL syringes, so I could make a very dilute solution if I wanted. But for the high to be worth it, I would want to use around 100mg of meth. Does this ratio (100mg/3mL) seem dilute enough to not cause permanent damage to the veins?
I made an account just to reply to you, because I couldn't stand the fact that what TeeS said went over your head completely.
Yes I'm pretty sure he already knows and agrees with all you said, the only thing you failed to recognize was the one controlled variable. The Rush.
OK so first off, he said slow and strong will burn more (thus do more damage) than weak and fast. They both give you a rush. But Weak AND SLOW, doesn't. Thus why he said what he said. Strong and slow, would be a users attempt to limit the pain and or damage.

"But if the solution is going to be dilute (weak), then why would injecting even a weak/dilute solution faster be less painful than a slow injection? " Nobody said that at all. The choices are slow and strong and get a rush, or weak and fast and get a rush, fast and strong is just stupid, and slow and weak produces little to no rush depending on how much you have in there. I recently after having realized I needed to dilute my solution more, (I'm already fucked though, all my veins have been destroyed in only a couple months that's how caustic this shit is to your veins. I have no idea how anybody can do it for years. Sometimes even if I had it completely in the vein, if I injected too fast, or the site I chose was further down my arm, and there were not fully healed holes from earlier injections higher up my arm, (even days prior) it would burn once it got to those points and leave me with what appeared to be a random breakout of hives, but I know it must correlate with where it was leaked into my tissue.

100mg/3ml is plenty dilute I think. I was doing 250-300 in as close to a full 1ml syringe and still have enough room left to pull back and register a hit. Now I'm doing the same amount but diluted in 3 to 3.5ml water. One tip of advice though, I'd recommend maybe 28 or 29 gauge, I got the 30g needles and you have to push pretty hard on the plunger to get the fluid to go through the tiny diameter of the needle hole. This isn't an issue when you have less liquid as with 1ml insulin syringes, but with 3ml it's very noticeable. And kind of scary cause you know if you pull out of the vein you'll be fucked cause you're already pushing so hard on the plunger and that's even when you are in a vein.

Better yet, just do some IV coke instead. If you have the money, high quality cocaine has a rush that is 100 times better in my opinion. You get a bellringer and you'll know what I mean. I've done ridicilious amounts of meth and never got anything even close to a cocaine rush, where everything sounds like your inside of a tin can. Listen to Aluminum off The White Stripes album White Blood Cells, and you'll know what I mean.