• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Your morning ritual

MDPV_Psychosis

Bluelighter
Anytime I'm addicted I always keep a morning dose on my night stand so that I can take it the moment I wake up. I've already dosed up before I fully remember who I am or what I have to do that day.

When it's time to quit I find breaking this morning ritual extremely difficult. It's incredibly hard to start the day without dosing. Just waking up and realising I won't be dosing can feel very overwhelming.

Usually I break my morning ritual days before actually quitting as a means of easing into things. If I know I will be quitting soon then I start to force myself to get up, do stuff and wake up for a bit before dosing. This seems to help minimize the shock of having to wake up and not dose once I do actually quit since "getting sober" days suck enough as it is.

What are your morning ritual like in reference to your drug use. Do you dose the moment you wake up? Wake up, dose and then fall back asleep?

Or do you get up and go about your day for awhile before dosing? If so, what's your morning like before dosing? Just wondering what others do. Do you shower, get to work, eat, exersize, etc before dosing?

Make sure there are no unfinished beer cans laying around, and if there are, finish them immediately. This morning I had about 1/3rd can to finish before moving on to breakfast and getting cleaned up.

I take kratom within 30min after walking up, sometimes I get up just to prepare it and go back to bed for a while. If I'm doing any other drugs in the morning it's usually after eating breakfast and showering (specially stims).

^ thats me these days, kratom the second i wake up. don't like doing it at night though because it keeps me awake...but thats what pharmaceuticals are for.

kratom is great in the morning...really wakes you up

I take kratom within 30min after walking up, sometimes I get up just to prepare it and go back to bed for a while. If I'm doing any other drugs in the morning it's usually after eating breakfast and showering (specially stims).

The first shot of my DOC for more than a decade, but then I smoked for a couple of years. So nothing would get done without my first smoke.
Now I need coffee to be able to operate. Strong coffee and the first one is always sweet. Sugar with coffee makes it more vigorous. Just the first one though.

Wake up 30 minutes before i plan on getting out of bed take 2 200mg caffeine pills i keep on my night stand. I either fall back asleep for about 30 minutes or in about 30 minutes the caffeine kicks in and i can no longer stand laying there. Then I do 80-100 push ups and this week started drinking a protein shake in the morning, thats followed by walking 2 miles to work.

To think it was shots of heroin and weed, then methadone and weed, then just weed, now exercise and proper diet... please never think you cant change. I just added the pushups and shakes about 2 weeks ago but i do them daily now and feel like i need to. I couldnt imagine being this person last year and would have never thought i could quit opiates 2 years ago.

Caffeine is my one true vice so i keep my levels consistent throughout the day and abstain from it after 4pm so it doesnt mess with my sleep. I consume about 600-800mg of caffeine daily in the form of generic 200mg caffeine pills, which i dont feel nearly as much as the espresso i sometimes get on my days off (cut out one pill in the morning and my 100mg mid morning redose if im getting espresso)

^ thats me these days, kratom the second i wake up. don't like doing it at night though because it keeps me awake...but thats what pharmaceuticals are for.

kratom is great in the morning...really wakes you up

Me as well. I wake up at 5:30 for work and after I smoke a cigarette (always comes first) I dose my kratom. Unless I'm taking dxm that day -- which I do a few days a week for a variety of purposes including potentiation -- I'll take my kratom before I start shaving my head and showering. If taking dxm, I'll do that, and then dose the kratom after showering and before getting in the car to leave around 6.

Edit: I find kratom to ALWAYS work best first thing in the morning. I believe the coffee really makes it kick in hard and fast, but I also feel its effects are shorter in duration as I drink a huge cup of coffee and piss out the kratom an hour later...

1. Smoke a cigarette
2. Pop 1 capsule of 60mg methadone (got 2 per day but I spread em out a little)
3. Have a red bull if I have them. I'm not a coffeeman.
4. Get up for shower etc. (I don't wait for the methadone to kick in, because the dose from the day before is always still noticable when I wake up and enough to hold me till that morning's dose kicks in).

If I sleep, I wake up, hit my pete then go sit outside quietly and have a cigarette, or 3. I try to walk around the yard (get the paper, feed the cat, water the grass (be a productive adult)) and get my blood flowing a bit. I usually come in and go lay back in bed if I have a significant amount of time (hour+) before my offspring awakens, rarely do I fall back asleep, usually waste time on the internet/listen to music.
If I have less than an hour I'll fix a shot for later, and make breakfast. If I still have a few minutes I'll smoke some weed.
If I don't sleep I always force myself to lay for an hour before I start a new day, get up have a cigarette. This forced rest is SO important for me, if I don't make myself lay down (even if it's making my skin crawl to lay still) I end up with a killer headache before lunch.

"Wake up, grab beer, grab rear, shave beard, put on some scene gear. Gotta get drunk before my mom wakes up. Break up with my girlfriend so I can bang sluts!"

Jk but I couldn't resist =D. Points to anyone who knows that song lol

^ how does the day end ;)

First thing: take a shower so I can wake up. Hot sugary coffee right after and a shitty 40 minutes in traffic before I can really start my day.

1. Smoke a cigarette
2. Pop 1 capsule of 60mg methadone (got 2 per day but I spread em out a little)
3. Have a red bull if I have them. I'm not a coffeeman.
4. Get up for shower etc. (I don't wait for the methadone to kick in, because the dose from the day before is always still noticable when I wake up and enough to hold me till that morning's dose kicks in).

I had totally forgotten about the nicotine. Nothing gets done before nicotine kicks in.

idk why but this thread struck a nerve with me because I just realized that 90% of my mornings really did go something like this when I was balls deep in heroin addiction

1. wake up not drenched, but noticeably sweaty (prob because I didnt wash my pillowcases).
2. do a quick mental recap of my money situation (didnt usually take long because there was none)
3. take a 15mg Morphine IR and fold a piece of paper around it, go out back, smash it up with the handle of a dinner knife
4. back inside, dump the contents of the paper into a water bottle cap with 35 (precisely!) units of water in it
5. stir it around a bit, then go take a piss while letting the water absorb the morphine
6. stir it again, drop a cotton in there, roll it around the cap because the contents was like a slush more than anything watery, draw up most of liquid
7. put 10 more units of water in, stir it around, new cotton in, draw that up
8. shoot up the morphine, wait about 5 seconds, feel the rush for about 10 seconds, then it fades away by 30 seconds but you dont feel sick either (id always joke with myself: "might want to be sitting down for this". seriously though it will make you stop for a second. total gut punch but in a good way.)
9. rinse out the needle I just used for later use (sup HR), put it back in my drawer. (had two needle stashes, ones I used for agonists and one for suboxone)
10. go into the basement and scheme up a way to get high with my Aunt. I could tell if she would give me money right away because shed actually get up out of bed when I came down if she was going to. If not, she just laid there usually.
11. If I did get money, id throw on some clothes and prepare my travel IV kit (basically a sandwich bag with a needle, bottle cap, little vial of water, small piece of paper to pour bags on, and a cotton ball)
12. walk 12 minutes to the bus stop. on rare occasions I'd find a paid newspaper somewhere at the stop or on the bus. usually I just read the free Metro)

that was my morning in a dozen steps for a solid 2 years. I didnt have a cell phone, ipod, walkman, NOTHING. I read the newspaper on the way to get high to take my mind off the hour long bus ride.

Last edited:
Hell this thread is so trigering for me, since Im clear for 3+ months. Back when I used heroin, I would make a cigaret, then vape some h from the foil and then sit and relax for some munites while doing my cigaret. Those where the days. I was happy I woke up cause h would wait for me on the table.
Now? I wake up bad mooded. Strong coffee and a cigarete. pfffffffffff

Since I work the midnight shift, when I get home its about 7:30am. I have a line already prepared of opana and oxycodone. Snort, grab and ice cold diet coke, watch tv and usually crash during the first show I have on. It's really nice to know I have things all ready to roll when I get home. Sleep is damn good too.

When I wake up about 5am I throw some clothes on then I go grab a cup of coffee & a bite to eat at Starbucks by my place and I read the news on my phone while waiting to catch the bus to get to my methadone clinic around 6:45-7:15Am then I usually go and meet up with a friend who also goes to the same clinic about 9 am and I buy some herb from him then I do what ever the Fuck I please with the rest of my day

Last edited:
kratom after brushing teeth, two saltines and some water. anything else after the first hour is recreational these days.
if i need anything it is close... as a must.

Wake up, eat 150mg of caffeine, walk across my house to my computer to work.

About the same as Shadow, except I prefer my caffeine in the form of very strong espresso. And since I am working for myself I usually smoke a bowl at the same time. I'm waiting right now for the brown truck to deliver a new graphics card for the project.

I have a pill counter with all my stuff in it right beside my bed with a glass of water. When my alarm goes off I take it all and then snooze for 45 mins until everything kicks in. Can't function without it.