• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Safety in IV use of ecstacy tablets.

Jstr13

Greenlighter
Afoaf has some high quality rolls, they are teslas and very strong. My friend injected half of the pill into his arm. My question though is even though he used plenty of water and a lot of cotton for filtration what are the dangers in doing this and how can he be safest while doing this?

Also I just read the 5 rules didn't know I didn't have to be anonymous with my usage lol

a friend of mine nearly lost an arm injecting MDMA pills. fucked up his vein and got a big nasty abscess - required medical attention and was pretty scary.
the inactive shit they put in those things (bulking agents like talc, binding agents like glue, dye for colouration, etc) is really not safe to inject - and with pills made in a clandestine lab, you really have no idea what the pill is made of, but you can be sure that the majority of it is not fit to be IV'd.
there are lots of dangers - from vein damage, circulation problems and abscesses, to damaging the heart and having particles lodge in your lungs and other organs.
there is also the danger of the pill not being sterile, which can cause bacterial infections which are particularly harmful to the heart.

i used to know a heroin/opiate user who injected morphine and other pills, and she had really puffy, swollen hands. "sausage fingers". pretty nasty looking.

the least dangerous way of doing this would be to use crystal MDMA, not pills.
either way, you really want to have the substance lab-tested to verify that it is actually MDMA.

if you are going to inject pills of any sort (ecstasy pills or pharmaceuticals) it is essential to use a micron filter. cotton filtration doesn't remove anywhere near enough of the insoluble particles that can cause serious harm.
it may look clear enough - but micron filters are really super fine and should separate all the soluble materials from the inactive nasty stuff.

you can get micron filters from needle exchanges in a lot of places, but if you don't have an exchange close by, they can be purchased online and shouldn't cost too much.
they're easy to use, and dramatically reduce the potential harms and complications that come with injecting any type of pill.

best practice is to actually prepare it as you describe above - use plenty of water and filter through cotton, and then run it through a micron filter.

this means you are able to separate the bulk of the insoluble material (there is lots of inactive stuff in pills) before micron filtering it, which prevents the micron from getting clogged - meaning you are less likely to clog the filter and lose product.

another tip is to push a bit of water through the micron filter first, so it doesn't absorb too much of your solution - but there is plenty of info on bluelight and elsewhere online if you do a search for micron filtering techniques.

Last edited:
^Can't really be topping that post. What spacejunk said. Pills are fully of such clammy junk, it's bad enough putting them up your nose, never mind your veins. It is genuinely not safe. Look after yourself out there. :)

Most the magic from MDMA comes from taking it orally why skip this joy?

Agreed that mdma has better effects orally. Pills are dangerous to inject although I used to get away with it quite a bit....I used a MICRON filter, which is a must if you are injecting mdma pills. Ppl into needles will inject anything, I even injected diphenhydramine once which actually wasn't bad, just super tired instantly like when it hits orally

Its kind fun to have green and purple liquid in your rig to inject though.

Last edited: