• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Sleep paralysis after smoking too much weed?

ovenbakedskittles

Bluelighter
Hey everybody. Let me start off by saying i am not a daily pot user. I usually only smoke weed 2-3 times week sometimes once a week so i dont have a crazy high tolerance for weed.

This past saturday i went to a party and i smoked a lot of weed and i was also drinking quite a bit. I also smoked a little bit on monday along with an energy drink. I didnt think of it as a big deal because everybody smokes and drinks alcohol and monster and i had never really had any major problems with these things myself.

But ever since monday i have been feeling really drained and almost weak and last night, as i was trying to fall asleep i would slip into this dream-like state but i was still inside my room. I felt like i had just smoked a bunch of weed and i thought i was high but then i would kind of snap out of it and realize that i didnt smoke anything and it would really freak me out.

Everytime i would try to go back to sleep i would start getting weird vibes and i started floating to my cieling literally and there would be moments where i would just be dreaming and i would be having a conversation with someone but i would feel like im responding out loud... It was weird. and it freaked me out and i kinda didnt wanna go back to sleep after that.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and i wanted to ask if you think it was the weed and the alcohol or maybe it could be something else. Is this some kind of sleep paralysis or some slight astral projection kind of thing or was it just me dreaming? It seemed like my physical body was really floating to my cieling and it felt like i was gonna go higher.

I feel like the monster had a part in it cuz monster by itself usually makes me feel like shit.

What are your guys' thoughts?

Salutations OvenBakedSkittles,

...sometimes once a week so i dont have a crazy high tolerance... ... ...i wanted to ask if you think it was the weed and the alcohol or maybe it could be something else.

Allow me to be direct. IMHO the combination of a "Roller Coaster" consumption profile and multi-intoxication involving alcohol is just a typical way to promote anti-cannabic vilification, all too often without even realizing it ouselves (...), while that serves the bigot prohibitionists all too conveniently (e.g. you might as well be on their payroll). In addition i can only imagine what's the party posology alike, so please remember unfortunately in public display the "mari-caca" addicts are favourite ambassadors of a sensationalist press which simply abused our "community" excessively, In The Name Of Children, beyond reason and/or elementary respect for human life for decades.

Chances are there's a bit of that as well when sharing the fun, inextricably bound with socio-toxic habits inherited from the dark ages that still haunt us while the bigots won't do a thing to help and everything to add more nuisance/trauma, whatever renders the noble molecules even more vile, not to sound anything close to "banalization".

You've been warned. The lizards army will actually watch us self-poison whenever possible, with Health Canada monitoring - in contemplative fashion!

OKay, i understand/accept/embrace an individual's right to experiment abuse even early in life, depending on the cultural environment and circumstances. As long as zero durable/permanent prejudice occurs, that is.

What are your guys' thoughts?

Euh... After reading this title: « Sleep paralysis after smoking too much weed? »...

That's only 1 more brick in the wall of shame that i'm used to find on planet Itnoc routinely, beware of the extra-terrestrial reptilian invasion as they're everywhere! Even Canada's PM is a fucking alien, especially his mother - and it shows if you look close enough!...

Here's a sample:

i5u912.jpg

Canuck's No. 1 source of MiniPET "science": mom!...​

M'well, i know it may seem too subtle at 1st but you'll eventually begin to perceive revealing hints of her double identity after staring at it for a long enough while...

;)

Lucky *us*, the "Stoners"/"Droÿés", euh... this is the internet and there are even more alternative resources available directly on-line, just a fingertip away, and which will complement all that you may have found already i'm sure:

%)

Good day, have fun!! =D

Last edited:
Hard to say if your substance use has anything to do with it especially if the event in question happened several days after ingesting.

You may just be lucid dreaming/Astral projecting by accident which can be triggered by sleep paralysis.

The fact that you smoked a LOT of weed on Saturday could have caused your dream states to be dimmed (Marijuana seems to do this) so your dreams afterwards may have been amplified in intensity (quitting MJ after heavy use seems to cause this in some people )

You probably don't have anything to worry about. Maybe you should try to enjoy it if possible??

My girlfriend gets sleep paralysis sometimes, and she doesn't even smoke herb at all. Some people just get it sometimes, just part of life. Sounds terrifying though.

Back in the day when I smoked a fair bit of weed and took a fair bit of LSD, I experienced sleep paralysis several times. It was extremely scary. I didn't really put two and two together but I believe it was the effect of the drugs.

Yeah I used to get it a lot and looking back it was in a period where I was smoking a lot of weed. I think it's probably playing a factor