• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Let's get back to community charity idea??

Markomarkh

Bluelighter
https://youtu.be/dmDeV8yhOAc

IS the root of people's problems internet addiction, being atomised, made lonely, polarised by social media,

We need a charity to fix this problem, the charity could form groups to do out door activities so we can meet people again! Live real life's! Are people suffering digital isolative depression DID? Stuck in there bedrooms on digital device? Someone needs to fix this nonsense, could the government help this idea?

Watch my video for more.

Cheers mark h

I don't really think that the government can do much. It is a deep societal change, just like TV was. I am old enough that I remember when only a few people had TV. People used to sit out on their porches and talk to their neighbors, they used to play cards together or simply hang out--the adults in one room and us kids left to entertain ourselves in another. Something was definitely lost when TV became readily available to everyone but on the other hand something was gained as well; people had a window into a much larger and more diverse world through TV--especially public television.

I see social media the same way. It can be a good tool but unfortunately for young people that are growing up with it there is a whole new place to be anxious about popularity/acceptance from the group (how many people "like" what I posted, etc). It seems to me that parents raising kids today are going to have to be the ones that change this by educating their kids about how and when to use social media. Glad my child-rearing days are over!8)