• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol and suboxone what is the synergy effect? Help depression?

Tramadol and Bupe mixed together does not cause precipitated withdrawl or any highly unpleasant effects, I have mixed the two daily for over a year, you may experience irritability as that is common for hese opioids in general

That is also my experience and understanding. No significant interactions to speak of, except perhaps a bit more stimulation in the synergy between the two substances.

Thanks toothpaste!! I think I I will try that ok my days off. My plan:

Day 1: 1mg to 1.5 mg sub for day.
Day 2: 0.5mg to 2mg sub for day.
Day 3 : 0.25 to 0.5 mg sub per day

Day 4 and after: stop the Suboxone cold turkey after only 3 days m. I heard people swear by a 3 day taper, and losing the dose each day. I will take Effexor instead of Tramadol.... Or if I can't handle it, I make take 2-3 tabs of Tramadol or maybe 1-2 ER tablets. I know Tramadol and Effexor are dangerous, but I take 16mg Clonezpam Daily. It's half life is so long it's in my system 24/7, so I think that should make it safe...
Heck I took Prozac, opioids, DXM, Remeron, 5HTP, Trazadond + a couple others DAILY and was fine. I must have ultra low serotonin.

ALSO: I weaned my self down to roughly 550-600mg of TrMadol daily..... so what's a good dosage of Effexor to take to replace that much Tramadol?? I take Remedon so kinda interested in the Cali rocket fuel as Remeeon + high dose of Effexor = hitting all the 3 main. Receptors, and if boost them a lot. Maybe will help my depression a lot

The naloxone has no affect on the tramadol. Please don't take more than 300mg of tramadol if you haven't taken it in a while. I never found buprenorphine to be cross tolerant with tramadol, so there isn't a need to dose high if you haven't taken tramadol in a while. With the doses you had been using, you were asking for a seizure, so please try and avoid dosing so high.

This^^^^ plus you also run the risk of overdosing. Keep the dose down. I would try 100mg then wait an hour and add another 100mg.

Thanks toothpaste!! I think I I will try that ok my days off. My plan:

Day 1: 1mg to 1.5 mg sub for day.
Day 2: 0.5mg to 2mg sub for day.
Day 3 : 0.25 to 0.5 mg sub per day

Day 4 and after: stop the Suboxone cold turkey after only 3 days m. I heard people swear by a 3 day taper, and losing the dose each day. I will take Effexor instead of Tramadol.... Or if I can't handle it, I make take 2-3 tabs of Tramadol or maybe 1-2 ER tablets. I know Tramadol and Effexor are dangerous, but I take 16mg Clonezpam Daily. It's half life is so long it's in my system 24/7, so I think that should make it safe...
Heck I took Prozac, opioids, DXM, Remeron, 5HTP, Trazadond + a couple others DAILY and was fine. I must have ultra low serotonin.

ALSO: I weaned my self down to roughly 550-600mg of TrMadol daily..... so what's a good dosage of Effexor to take to replace that much Tramadol?? I take Remedon so kinda interested in the Cali rocket fuel as Remeeon + high dose of Effexor = hitting all the 3 main. Receptors, and if boost them a lot. Maybe will help my depression a lot

Honestly you'd probably benefit from a bit longer time on buprenorphine (1-2 weeks), given how some of tramadol's acute withdrawal symptoms can linger.

As far as switching to Effexor and what dose of that will work, talk to you prescribing doctor about this. If you combine Effexor and tramadol, keep your dosage a low as possible (of both). Dosages for drugs like Effexor is pretty trial and error, so likely you'll just try a reasonable dose and titrate as necessary.

Don't expect your symptoms to clear up over night, regardless. I am interested to hear whether Effexor is helpful for you, but I have no doubt it won't be a panacea.

Can anyone explain why I feel happy (right now) while in minor WD. Anytime this happens normally all the WD I feel is chills. I am literally singing a song out loud, in a public place. I only do that if in a really good mood! Like when I used to take Adderall, or back when you know Hydro and Oxy actually USED to cause something called a "high". It remains forever elusive.

But I'm in minor opiate WD from Tramadol, chills mainly, but have noticed this years ago when on just Hydro or Oxy -- sometimes when I'm in minor WD (just chills) my mood gets boosted a lot around music. Is that my serotonin/dopamine and endorphins maybe going haywire and increasing temporarily during WD??

On Tramadol it makes some sense, as maybe the opiod effect wore off but the SNRI effect did not. But I experienced this same thing on Hydros/Oxy's so I dunno how/why.

I’d say you’re lucky; even if crying it’s better than writhing in pain and feeling like your heart will jump out of your chest. I am on 4mg of Suboxone a day for years. I keep hearing people talk about SNRI but I already take Remeron at night. Is there any point in taking the tramodol at all if I don’t need a boost in SNRI activity? As I recall it had very little pain relief activity and never gave me the calm noddy feeling I enjoy. As I’ve been on subs for so lomg, isn’t it just going to bounce away from any opiate receptor, negating any type of pain relief? Having a horribly painful menstrual cycle this week....

pardon the resurrection of a dead thread I just couldn't find one and didn't feel like starting another one. I recall, combining tramadol and subs quite a while ago. For those who do combine them What, in terms of effects, do you get from tramadol? is it just the snri effects (mood lift, increase in energy) or do you actually feel any opiate like effects in conjunction with Suboxone?

i've been on some maintenance on and off for about 16 years or so. been a lifesaver for me. I'm currently down to about 1-2 mg but I do use a nasal spray atomizer, so I'm not exactly sure how one would equate how much that would equal to sublingual suboxone as the bioavailability is quite a higher when used intranasally yet also has a shorte duration.

i just ordered a 2 g of odsmt and have some rigs and gear to make a solution for IV use (micron filters, saline, sterile glass vials etc). do you think i'd feel a 150mg shot? i took 0.5 mg of sub today

Tramadol is an SNRI anti-depressant as well as an opioid, so that'll be where it's helping with depression. With the suboxone, well, opioids cause a feeling of wellbeing, so I'd imagine that helps, too. I know when I'm feeling depressed I usually feel a lot better if I take several of my morphine pills at once.

pardon the resurrection of a dead thread I just couldn't find one and didn't feel like starting another one. I recall, combining tramadol and subs quite a while ago. For those who do combine them What, in terms of effects, do you get from tramadol? is it just the snri effects (mood lift, increase in energy) or do you actually feel any opiate like effects in conjunction with Suboxone?
I personally do not feel anything from the Tramadol alone, never did actually. Thing is when I mix that with the low (??!! ) dose of Bupre I´m still on (same as yours, about 0.5mgs ) it gives me sth which the Bupre is missing from long term (ab)use. Basically feels like I´m on some Full opiate agonist (albeit an odd and subtle one at that ) as opposed to a partial.
By now you must have tried it anyways. This being the case ,you must have also noticed the crazy tolerance you develop in just a few days.

I personally do not feel anything from the Tramadol alone, never did actually. Thing is when I mix that with the low (??!! ) dose of Bupre I´m still on (same as yours, about 0.5mgs ) it gives me sth which the Bupre is missing from long term (ab)use. Basically feels like I´m on some Full opiate agonist (albeit an odd and subtle one at that ) as opposed to a partial.
By now you must have tried it anyways. This being the case ,you must have also noticed the crazy tolerance you develop in just a few days.
Oh yeah on 0.5 mg of subs I could still feel heroin and other opiates. I'm on 3-4mg a day now (went to detox in december, the Benzo WDs were so severe i asked to increase suboxone dose), so my receptors are fairly saturated with bupe. Ended up back on benzos the first day i left that detox. I was on obscene amounts of various benzos, so a 2 week rapid detox wasn't well suited for such an endeavor. All it did was cause excitotoxicity. I swear i could hear my neurons fry. I've managed to reduce my benzos intake to 30 mg of valium and plan on entering another detox/rehabs facility to finish the job.

Now back in highschool (16-17 years ago) when my brain wasn't wrecked and riddled by extensive severe drug abuse, Tramadols felt quite nice. Last time i took it, all i noticed was some of the serontonergic properties.

Have u tried tapentadol? How does it stack to trams? I know they have more activity at mu receptor sites

Funny you ask that ,since I was just discussing exactly that on another thread where some fellow BLer helped me cover all my options once I finally decide not to take Bupre at all (which I´m just about to do )...should had been "yesterday " actually. Running out of patience -horrible drug ,this is. Feels like I´ve been in this almost constant semi -withdrawal state ,for ages now ,once I´ve dropped below 2mgs/daily. I´ve never felt this impatient, desperate even ,to quit a drug tbph. Enters Tapentadol, which came up in the conversation along with Dihydrocodeine, codeine and other "lighter " opiates/oids which will hopefully be of some use once I do what I must. I´m actually going to get a prescription for it -soon as I see my doc .Then report back to both of you. I´ve never tried it. Read good things about it though -described as a "cleaner, stronger " type of Tramadol -that might just be helpful combined with Codeine.
On another note ,and speak of awful ...I´m that guy who maintained for many years that you couldn´t possibly get addicted to benzodiazepines -having inconsistently abused them just like you ...:IV Loprazolam (not lorazepam ), Midazolam , lots of oral Diazepam, Alpra, Temazepam ( those yellow jellies were one of my all time favourite drugs in that class ), Oxaze etc, etc ...add Z drugs and everything in between in that category ...few years after :" surprise!!! surprise !!!!!" -came a day I went out and as usual, popped no benzos before work and ,obviously ,thought nothing of it. Caught that same old bus as I did ,all day every day ,to work ...all of a sudden I begin feeling this tightness in my chest ...left arm going all numb ...a feeling which begun irradiating all the way up to my neck and the veins in my head felt as if they were about to explode ...I was just, just about to reach for that Emergency handle so I could get out of there and not die inside a bus?!! Turns out I found ,or rather, maybe I put it there "just in case " ,a few 3mgs Bromazepam(s) in one of my pockets . Popped that so that if I was going to die at least I would get there a bit sedated ...that was the 1st time after decade(s) of reckless, inconsistent benzo abuse that I found out what a "panic attack " (??!!! ) was like. In 15 minutes if that ) I was feeling sweet -nothing at all. As if I had fallen asleep in my seat and dreamt I was about to have some stroke or seizure or such -never have I been so terrified in my life ... apologize for the rambling but yeah ...I still also take 5 mgs of Diazepam ...finally managed to wean myself down to that ...and even skip it for days ,until I get this discomfort which I had never experienced in social situations before .An unusual sense of irritability also makes me reach for that 1/2 10x Diazepam piece now and then.
At 5mgs it is very manageable to deal with a benzo habit if you can call it that. Even using Ambien now and then feels "stronger " than 5mgs of Diazepam.
But yeah , again ,apologize for the long ,rather inconsistent reply and will update once I get the Tapentadol and try it in a Bupre taper scenario.
Stay safe !

Last edited:
I did not read any of this thread..I just wanted to point out that Tramadol is a synthetic opioid(aldo the reason why you will not piss dirty for opioids if you are on tramadol)...this I believe is main reason for breaking through suboxone BUT also snri properties.

I did not read any of this thread..I just wanted to point out that Tramadol is a synthetic opioid(aldo the reason why you will not piss dirty for opioids if you are on tramadol)...this I believe is main reason for breaking through suboxone BUT also snri properties.
I finally read this ...happy I do cause I remember Tramadol not being officially included in the "opioid/opiate " class as it is widely accepted nowadays. This is a recategorization which has its roots sometime in the 90s. Wish I had the leaflets from back in the day to prove this -it mentioned nothing about "Opiate/opioids " in them.
Alleged "SNRI " properties of Tramadol makes sense cause the combination feels somewhat like a "dirtier " version of when you took Buprenorphne for the 1st few weeks/months ...it would give you noticeable motivation ,,you could even then and again nod out from 4mgs alone. Same when combining Trams/bupre.

Yeah I fuck around and waste my drugs of choice all the time bc of subs BUT when I ran into my ex lover tram, it didn't disappoint(seriously bad addiction with high doses..was scared of the double edge sword of subs so got off trams by simply staying away and sticking with oxy & vicodin..now im trying to do this again to get off subs which have helped my drug life immensely but idk im tired of being a slave to it i guess? Or maybe just want to actually feel oxy like normal )
and of course fent was able to breakthrough too and I guess it was a good thing subs were in my system bc I'm sure I would had blacked out again or OD.

I have also had breakthrough with higher doses of vicodin but my sub intake was obviously low at the time and probably skipped a few days of sub dose bc I was binging on oxy.. and at the same time basically wasting it and my money.

I have had some terrible withdrawal symptoms but Tramadol for me was on another level, like you had to have Hella immodium, kratom, benzos and weed or else you were fucked, and even with all of that it was still terrible. I guess I never really tapered properly back then either.