• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I'll get sober...tomorrow

lucifersam666

Bluelight Crew
ladies and gentlemen

Tomorrow never comes (unless my supply is cut short). I got clean off opiates for about 4 months, and now i am back on the bandwagon.
I feel like it's different this time, that i actually have control. but i know that isn't completely true.
I have been keeping it/maintaining to a 30mg Roxy a day habit, which is quite impressive for me. no more, no less. lol.
Today, I am completely out of everything, with an exception to about a quarter of bud. There is no panic, yet, for I am on a reasonable dose (reasonable?).
I know what you're thinking....30 mg? that's it? ...yeah it's borderline an issue, but with my past occurrences i just know how easily this can spiral to say 80+mg a day haha the thing is that i am hard headed and on a budget, for now..
my question is When is it time to stop? It doesn't seem to really be an issue now, but i just know how easy it is to slip. I write this because i am sure that there are plenty of people who have tiny addictions or just like to have "too much" fun, if you will. And i know this type of issues may not be the spotlight of attention compared to someone who is super spun on H and fent. Whether the problem is small or enormous, don't forget that a problem is still a problem. By the way, I am not super stressed or concerned, Just curious what advice is out there...
But I was just wondering:

Any advice on maintaining? and When is it time to stop?

Thanks and cheers,
LuciferSam

.\Today, I am completely out of everything, with an exception to about a quarter of bud. There is no panic, yet, for I am on a reasonable dose (reasonable?).
I know what you're thinking....30 mg? that's it? ...yeah it's borderline an issue...

When i was younger i was getting 30s from someone. Another person in the car said "i dont do 5 of them a day anymore i only do one, what kind of addict does only 30mg of oxy a day" my answer if i knew him would have been "an addict like you of course."

It is always a good time to stop as any opiate use is not sustainable forever. If you are only doing 30mg then cut back further and be done or stop, especially if you feel it would be easy to do so. Why stay on something that can potentially ruin your life just for the sake of doing it?

I agree with szuko...If you can find the motivation to stop, or at least cut back, that's certainly not a bad thing. I

did fine chipping heroin for quite some time. I was fine until I wasn't. It's just so subtle the way this shit gets out from under you. Why risk that?

If u don't need it for pain, why bother with the hassle of boring old opiate semi-buzz? Can you redirect yourself towards women or weed or books?

ladies and gentlemen

Tomorrow never comes (unless my supply is cut short). I got clean off opiates for about 4 months, and now i am back on the bandwagon.
I feel like it's different this time, that i actually have control. but i know that isn't completely true.
I have been keeping it/maintaining to a 30mg Roxy a day habit, which is quite impressive for me. no more, no less. lol.
Today, I am completely out of everything, with an exception to about a quarter of bud. There is no panic, yet, for I am on a reasonable dose (reasonable?).
I know what you're thinking....30 mg? that's it? ...yeah it's borderline an issue, but with my past occurrences i just know how easily this can spiral to say 80+mg a day haha the thing is that i am hard headed and on a budget, for now..
my question is When is it time to stop? It doesn't seem to really be an issue now, but i just know how easy it is to slip. I write this because i am sure that there are plenty of people who have tiny addictions or just like to have "too much" fun, if you will. And i know this type of issues may not be the spotlight of attention compared to someone who is super spun on H and fent. Whether the problem is small or enormous, don't forget that a problem is still a problem. By the way, I am not super stressed or concerned, Just curious what advice is out there...
But I was just wondering:

Any advice on maintaining? and When is it time to stop?

Thanks and cheers,
LuciferSam

I'd look into exploring NMDAr antagonists: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...lection-of-the-evidence-and-anecdotal-reports

And work on taking little breaks, possibly substituting kratom. What I would do is integrate some psychedelic stuff/sacred medicine into the mix. Take a week (or long enough to get it out of your system) off oxycodone, substituting kratom so you don't have withdrawal (I mean, you won't really; tramadol or pregabalin could also be used), and then take a large dose of mescaline, LSD, MDMA and/or mushrooms.

I always disliked tripping under the influence of opioids, it seems like even if they're not in my system if I trip when I'm tolerant to opioids it's less enjoyable/"real." The one exception to that is dissociative, although I still don't like combining them with opioids. Anyways, if you don't mind tripping while taking opioids then you could get away with a shorter break.

Finding ways to take even longer break is also advisable. If nothing else it will help keep your tolerance in check and low. If you into using this as a maintenance thing, you also might want to look into experimenting with a longer acting opioid (methadone even). It seems like longer acting opioids are a little easier for most people to manage when it comes to regulated, long term use.

Thanks for the support. I guess I should probably start focusing on letting it go. It's strange how there is some type of worry to let it go, but I've done it before. I guess I do seem like an addict, but I really don't feel like one nor do I really look like one (That sounded terribly judgmental, but you know what I mean).
I guess I will try to cut back. I am completely out but I have 20 roxys (30mg) coming to me tomorrow which is what I will use for fun then end up tapering.
I don't have pain, I just use it for fun; Recreationally or in private.
Either way, I am out and just ate about 4 grams of kratom. My GF has Tramadol's too, but that is something i'd take if i really felt like shit. I feel fine, just sober (which isn't the worst).
Thank you TPD for the link...I find that to be very helpful and it also reminded me that I actually have 1 hit of lucy in a book ( the kingdom of fear by H. Thompson)! haha Thank you!
Challenges are good. Motivation is great...i guess.

Thanks for the love n support,
LS

Kratom n bud. Day two. no opiates. not too bad. surprisingly. Well, I did fully detoxed in december 2016 and was clean for 4ish months. I guess that was the hard part. i was worried about having full blown w/d from using 30mg a day for a bit but i guess it isn't too bad in comparison to the last time i got clean from heavier use. fuck yeh. although i was supposed to receive 20 oxys, guess i got ripped off or they're still in transit :(