• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Have any oldschool user's heard of this? Pink meth/amphetamine oil (freebase?)

Veldaban

Greenlighter
A year ago one of my mates brought over some stuff that he claimed was proper speed in Brisbane. Was gooey and oily and I remember momentarily panicking after the body heat from my hand made it really runny and it became really hard to see in the bag until I put it into the freezer for a few minutes. Was rose-pink tinted and had a really strange and somewhat potent smell. A few of us loaded it into a pipe and we were surprised as to how long just a single point was lasting, it just kept going until it suddenly vanished. Smoke wasn't really harsh at all and the buzz was awesome, it felt how I'd describe as a hippie type amphetamine feeling; I was so happy, big smile on my face, at ease with everything and really stimulated. We ended up going to get another one before moving onto do other things.

Now amphetamine sulphate cannot be smoked and it's properties seem pretty characteristic of a freebase. If it was freebase meth, could some bikie have potentially cooked it up and not bothered finishing off the final stage, leaving a relatively potent meth freebase whilst also having some impurities giving off the slight pink tint? Didn't really feel like meth however so I am unsure if amphetamine freebase has ever really been a thing.

Have any oldschool guys seen this around? Not sure if it's considered pink champagne either, seems to be a lot of myths and conflicting information regarding amphetamines.

It sounds like meth. That's how meth feels(kinda like an extremely stimulating, long lasting mdma with no real lovey-doveyness but more so an extremely long lasting stimulant as that plastic loveydoveyness along with the feeling of accomplishment are the two first things to go. Which is then replaced with the long lasting stimulation and extreme horniness, and with repeated exposure this just becomes horrid. Then again, noone ever told me I *had* to go back to buy more, it was a choice.

Sounds like some actual "good" meth, that red/pink comes from the coating on certain pseudoephedrine pills that can't easily be washed away, at least not without wasting more than a trivial amount of pseudo, it could also be from residual iodine/iodide either not being washed away properly or simply being added to an excess to make sure all the pseudo is converted to meth (sometimes it almost tints the shards a darkish gloomy pink depending how it's made)

What you had sounds really really good like a creme de la creme of meth batches, that's mostly unavailable on the street nowadays, the reason it melted in your hand is that meth is extremely hydrogoscopic (absorbs water from air readily, and this quality increases with temperature as well as other factors such as acidity) it's actually the case alot of times that the dry rocks /shard/chunks are probably more cut than what you had (although who knows with what - anything from quote unquote 'inactive' (see: Cheap/food grade convenience store type of cuts that on their own are wholly inactive but look somewhat like meth in rock form and smoke up properly to an untrained eye) or even some kind of weak/shitty bathsalt-type chemicals that rock up exactly like it that meth can then be added to in small amounts (either as an oil or whatever, if you look up how much a 1ml of meth freebase oil weighs you would be surprised). Be careful please and don't try to seek out that same batch or high. From experience I can tell you, 95% of the time its not gonna feel like that and if it does itll be tainted by all the other bullshit effects it tends to have. IME, it's not just tolerance or accumulation in fatty tissues etc, I think that ones brain adapts to that effect so quickly and so permanently, perhaps the worst form of 'neuroplasticity'- people waste their whole lives chasing that effect.

Last edited:
I havent seen any smokable pink gear. The old pink champagne was not smokable but its prolly a new thing.

Ive seen blue and purplish smokable recently.

I dont know what causes it but didnt care at the time ha ha

saw some pink shit a couple years ago that was very average the only colors ive seen recently was bright yellow so i stayed away

Exactly as gOto said. Spot on. And of course no one would know but if i had to take a guess i would assume its the bi-product left over from a medium sized local cook which has been seen around Melbourne and Sydney recently (the pink meth).. Base/goey whatever you want to call it doesnt sell south and i imagine the same for syd hence the left over by-product being sent north to sunny bris and goldy as up there they buy anything lol (not bagging, ive lived in qld twice)

I don't use meth anymore but I have a couple of friends who have recently given up in the north brisbane area and they talk about pink gear being like 'proper old school base' but better and 'the best going around.' I have no idea about smoking it, and they were IV users also but I just came across this thread while looking for something else and it reminded me of what they said.

'Sounds like some actual "good" meth, that'. What Goto said here is how it was described to me. And the feeling you describe does sound much more like a decent, less cut meth high than a dirty speed or heavily cut meth one. More calm than manic.

I must say the way they talked about it, I was tempted for the first time in many years.

But back in the 90s what we used to get that referred to as 'Base' (and thought was the bees knees) was definitely oily and pink and totally different to the powdered white speed you could snort before real meth was really that common. I used to keep it as points in the freezer as it would just kind of melt. It was much better too. Wow, brings back memories.

Last edited:
A year ago one of my mates brought over some stuff that he claimed was proper speed in Brisbane. Was gooey and oily and I remember momentarily panicking after the body heat from my hand made it really runny and it became really hard to see in the bag until I put it into the freezer for a few minutes. Was rose-pink tinted and had a really strange and somewhat potent smell. A few of us loaded it into a pipe and we were surprised as to how long just a single point was lasting, it just kept going until it suddenly vanished. Smoke wasn't really harsh at all and the buzz was awesome, it felt how I'd describe as a hippie type amphetamine feeling; I was so happy, big smile on my face, at ease with everything and really stimulated. We ended up going to get another one before moving onto do other things.

Now amphetamine sulphate cannot be smoked and it's properties seem pretty characteristic of a freebase. If it was freebase meth, could some bikie have potentially cooked it up and not bothered finishing off the final stage, leaving a relatively potent meth freebase whilst also having some impurities giving off the slight pink tint? Didn't really feel like meth however so I am unsure if amphetamine freebase has ever really been a thing.

Have any oldschool guys seen this around? Not sure if it's considered pink champagne either, seems to be a lot of myths and conflicting information regarding amphetamines.

I don't know what you consider "oldschool" but I was pretty heavy into meth from around 99-2007 or so. I've seen, done and heard of everything. All "speed" in Aus is meth. Some people will tell you its just cut-down meth - not true, it's just HCL and it doesn't bind as well to your fats and such so it doesn't metabolise nearly as well; hence the clear difference. That said - sometimes if you get "smoke-able speed" it will probably be freebase mixed with something else that smokes well. Typically it *will* melt when you hold it in your hand too long, having to freeze it or something to get it to recrystallise is common.

Regarding colour - no matter what colour it is, it's an impurity - that is plain and simple. That said - I've always gone for funny coloured products - because I have a theory that if it still has a strong pink/golden/brown/etc impurity colour about it (especially meth crystals) then it probably hasn't been re-cut too many times with something clear/white. I.e; in my experience, counter-intuitively - the more visible the impurity - the more pure the product :/ - not going to comment on the health impacts of such a theory. But it did generally prove true. Although, dealers doing dumb shit to their drugs (like colouring them) IS a real thing too. There's a lot of stupid people in this world.

Also - I rarely comment on here these days. And I try hard not to lecture. But it's hard not to. I want to say two things

A ) the reason I said until around "2007" is because since then I've had a daily heroin habit, no time for anything else (and by time, I mean money). I used to just take it for come downs, then again, I typically went a bit harder than most, I've got a photo of myself 16 years old injecting an mdma pill in the bathroom of a popular Melbourne nightclub that no longer exists. Any - the point of telling you my life life story is that when you see all those 'party people' around you going hard and wonder why there aren't that many people over 30 and especially over 40 doing it and how they managed to come clean? The truth of it is this; the ones that go hard don't get clean. they just lose all their friends, jobs, etc - and use alone at home, typically everything else eventually gives way to heroin - it's the only escape that does it anymore and soon enough even that doesn't do anything. But I couldn't count on all my fingers and toes people I've known PERSONALLY who were into the MDMA/Clubbing scene late-90s early 2000s who're now heroin addicts. So be careful - if you wonder where it all ends up, if you don't slow down, that is where.

B ) My life as a heroin addict is roughly 10 times more manageable than as it was an ice addict. Honestly - the only real issue has been money- when the money run out, the sickness came. You do that circle enough then you get on 'done. Then you take take all the heroin you like and the 'done will stop you from being sick the days you can't afford it. You can hold jobs, relationships, etc. As an IV-Ice addict - I destroyed relationships, friendships, employment and ultimately became homeless for a couple months in the middle of winter (proper homeless, I had no friends by then, so I don't mean couch surfing, I mean sleeping on the ground in the city, getting kicked by security guards and told to fuck off from whatever little shelter from the rain I could find). That's where ICE leads; it also leads to the psych ward. I don't kid - my wife works in one and around 60% if the intake have ICE as a contributing factor.

Last edited: