• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Was This Sleep Paralysis Or An Omen That I'm Going To Die?

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
I literally just saw the grim reaper during sleep paralysis around two days ago 8(, so it's entirely possible this will end up being my last post on here. I've never heard of someone seeing it as a hallucination, and I'm not sure if that's even possible or not. I suffer from sleep paralysis quite frequently due to a sleep disorder, and I've experienced hallucinations during it many times before. However, I've only heard of someone seeing the grim reaper as a sign of imminent death. Or is it possible this was just a hallucination from sleep paralysis and nothing more? Is there any chance of this not meaning that I'm going to die soon? The more scientific part of me thinks it was just sleep paralysis..... then again I'm not sure since I've never heard of someone hallucinating/dreaming the grim reaper during sleep paralysis or for any reason.

The Grim Reaper is such an archetype that it doesn't surprise me you saw 'him' during sleep paralysis. There is nothing to suggest that you have an increased chance of anything other than the ability to tell a new spooky story.

It's entirely possible that any post you make could end up being your last.

Last edited:
I don't think so, LU, I've had absolutely ghastly hallucinations (not just visual) during sleep paralysis with "a force" on my chest that made breathing extremely difficult.

I believe these entities are from the subconscious and sleep paralysis can contain a warning about life, not death. It's like you're literally pinned down and your brain is saying "Listen"!

My point is that perhaps your subconscious is "screaming" to try to get you to pay attention and be careful.
As in, maybe something you are doing is reckless and stop. It could be you are driving like a maniac, hanging out with someone who is dangerous/crazy and possibly harmful, or being cavalier in a situation where you should be careful.
I don't mean to minimize your experience at all, and I encourage you to take stock of risks you are taking or recent situations where a red flag popped up that you pushed aside.
Please post about it! :)
Best, CD

It's very common to experience a seemingly malevolent entity during sleep paralysis. I never have actually, I have had sleep paralysis multiple times and I found it terrifying at first, but just because of the intense rushing/roaring sound/feeling and the fact that I couldn't move. A lot of the time a lucid dream would follow. But it seems like tons of people experience terrifying entities. Strange, I can't say whether those entities are real, I tend to think not and it's a product of the mind, as some people also report morphing objects and other phenomenon, but people aren't dropping dead after sleep paralysis so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

But I mean, yeah you ARE going to die, someday. So are we all. :)