• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Carfentanil Sold As Blotter In Winnipeg

thujone

Bluelight Crew
carfentanil.jpg

In a macabre example of truth in advertising, the deadliest street drug in Winnipeg has a street name befitting of its potency.

Blotter carfentanil — small pieces of paper infused with a synthetic opioid about 100 times stronger than fentanyl — is being sold on the street as "drop dead," Winnipeg Police Chief Danny Smyth told the Winnipeg Police Board on Friday.

Smyth said Winnipeg appears to be unique among Canadian cities in that there appears to be a market for carfentanil, whose intended use involves the tranquilization of elephants or large ungulates such as moose.

Full Story

Opiate blotter... now I've seen everything.

fent-analogue blotters aren't new. At least these ones are clearly expressive of their death dealing properties :\

Well, at least this is better than having powder mixed into heroin. In this case, people know they are getting something particularly potent, and the dosage per tab, though it might not be distributed in a perfectly even way, should be a lot less variable than when mixing powders without the proper pharmaceutical equipment.

I've had fent blotters before than they suck. You can make a shot with them I guess, which would be crazy dangerous, but at the active doses of carfentanil I'd be scared to try a blotter. What if there is a tiny hot spot...this shit is too much. Fent and the analogs are bad enough..this shit has absolutely no place outside of an African game wardens safe box.

And aside from those using it in research, who might obtain it from a vendor like SiAl or the like, practitioners (veterinarians and game wardens) who need the agent have few vendors to obtain product--which is a good thing. Wildpharm.com is one I remember us using in when I was a in graduate school (biochemistry) and we needed to use it on deer. Even then, of course students were not permitted to even be in the immediate area for fear a syringe or dart might accidentally stick someone in its handling and loading into the gun. That was with the presence of a massive pre-loaded dose of naloxone that was to be administered without delay. Few things drop people or animals like a shot, but one of the toxins that can drop a person like a shot is carfentanil. Even sufentanil/alfentanil and the most potent narcotic available for use in humans, remifentanil (Ultiva®) deserves such precautions. Remifentanil used to be the most potent approved for human use, has anyone heard whether this is still the case?

The wildpharm.com site is a good place just to learn about such potent anesthetic/analgesic agents and their use by professionals. Disclaimer: I do not work for or promote the company or its products commercially.

while i think that is terrifying and incredibly fucked up....it is quite a cool graphic. just very macabre.
i really don't like the idea of super potent fent analogues being on blotter though.. the fact that carfentanyl is on the black market at all really disturbs me.

i kinda wish people just stuck to dosing LSD on blotter. you'd think the risk of hotspots would make this too risky to be viable. i would't touch that shit with a ten foot pole, but i guess desperate addicts will take what they can get
it saddens me that people are so eager to exploit that desperation to make a profit.
prohibition gets more perverse year after year, causing unquantifiable amounts of pain and suffering :|

while i think that is terrifying and incredibly fucked up....it is quite a cool graphic. very, very
macabre.
i really don't like the idea of super potent fent analogues being on blotter though.. the fact that carfentanyl is on the black market at all really disturbs me.

i kinda wish people just stuck to dosing LSD on blotter. you'd think the risk of hotspots would make this too risky to be viable. there are some fucking greedy people out there :|

I think so too. Enough with carfentanil already. It's too degrading.
Fentanyl alone would have been bad enough with all of the current ODs.