• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What are your personal and best reasons for staying sober?

Neversickanymore, that is what happens it seems like. I get so close to quitting when these damn things don't work anymore. That's probably what'll make me quit honestly. Not fear, not goals, not love, not health, not death, just the drugs not working anymore. I guess I'm a bad person in that respect now. When I was young I never got addicted to anything and tried everything. Now that I'm older I'm like a wet rat clinging to a board in the ocean. There is no hope in sight, except the board that's keeping me afloat. I appreciate the responses everyone!! Ya'll are awesome.

@Havocsfool - Drugs not working usually turned into needing more drugs, at least for me.

Tjmothy that is a good point, but it doesn't really work for me. Once a drug has stopped/changed how it is working it never get's back it's magic fully. At least with adderall, vicodin, weed, DXM. But yeah I see that type of thinking being a trap. I had a couple knives pulled on me today, the fool grabbed me by the shirt and I spun him around 360 and poked him in the eye, ripped my shirt and I ran when his buddy was running up on me with a knife. so it may be a good time to sober. It's hard being one of the only employed white people buying drugs in the ghetto. I try to look trashy when I go, but they still can sniff out a lack of poverty. So I think that may be my reason for getting sober, I know I said up there fear of death wasn't enough motive, at least not of an overdose, but being stabbed may be. Plus I had the shock like I jumped out of an airplane my adrenaline was soo pumped up, I think I should just take up skydiving or rock climbing. It'd do the same thing for me that drugs do really.

Skydiving was my ticket out of meth. Was dead inside for years till I found that jump high. And on a plus... if you jump you get to meet god. It really is a spiritual experience. Very very few go beyond that first jump. Go make a first jump Havok... Seriously go do it.

The cheap way to go is do the static line route. You get ground school. In the air you get climb out of the plane and hang from the strut. Let go... Tandem is more like a disney ride. Static is usually 16-20 jumps and your through. First 5 are static line. Then you go free fall. No one holds your hand. Your always in charge of your jump. Static is also cheaper...

R13

Tjmothy that is a good point, but it doesn't really work for me. Once a drug has stopped/changed how it is working it never get's back it's magic fully. At least with adderall, vicodin, weed, DXM. But yeah I see that type of thinking being a trap. I had a couple knives pulled on me today, the fool grabbed me by the shirt and I spun him around 360 and poked him in the eye, ripped my shirt and I ran when his buddy was running up on me with a knife. so it may be a good time to sober. It's hard being one of the only employed white people buying drugs in the ghetto. I try to look trashy when I go, but they still can sniff out a lack of poverty. So I think that may be my reason for getting sober, I know I said up there fear of death wasn't enough motive, at least not of an overdose, but being stabbed may be. Plus I had the shock like I jumped out of an airplane my adrenaline was soo pumped up, I think I should just take up skydiving or rock climbing. It'd do the same thing for me that drugs do really.