• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mdma recovery! Please help.. anyone with similar experience ? Please! This is hell

Ihatenotfeeling

Bluelighter
I'm a 22 year old female and I am having a serious mdma comedown. I am on month 3 almost 4 and I am hopeless. I have absolutely no feelings.. I feel numb except for sadness. I can't feel excited, happy, mad, scared, Joy, empathy... literally nothing.... I feel like an empty shell left with just thoughts.. it's a living hell everyday and I think about suicide every day. I used to love going hiking and biking and now I can't even barley get out of bed and function. Also after I got severely dehydrated for almost a week and now all of my joints are popping non stop.. chest, shoulders, knees, ankles, wrists.. it's awful. My knee will pop like 5 times in one minute while standing up... could I have destroyed all my cartilage ? Does cartilage regenerate at a young age ? Also a little background info on my usage.. I abused for 3 months.. December I probably did it twice or 3 times, January 2 times and February is where I really fucked up and did it four days in a row.. first day was 3 pills and then next 3 days I probably did 5 each day. Help me please! Anyone have a similar experience and did they recover? Did I cause permanent damage to my anox ? I'm freaking out.. I know my usage was stupid.. I didn't realize how dangerous it was till after. ???? I literally think about killing myself all day everyday because this is so miserable. I was put in a psych ward for 2 and a half weeks and they put me on Wellbutrin and abilify.. will these even help? I am hopeless. Oh yeah and I'm also having weird twitching all over my body and weird popping sounds also coming from up inside my nose...

Last edited:
I had the same exact thing happen to me, I was miserable for about 6 or 7 months and just recently started to feel better. I abused way heavier than you did too. I'm 11 months sober now and am feeling much better than I did before, maybe even 100 percent back to normal! Not quite sure though.

I'm a 22 year old female and I am having a serious mdma comedown. I am on month 3 almost 4 and I am hopeless. I have absolutely no feelings.. I feel numb except for sadness. I can't feel excited, happy, mad, scared, Joy, empathy... literally nothing.... I feel like an empty shell left with just thoughts.. it's a living hell everyday and I think about suicide every day. I used to love going hiking and biking and now I can't even barley get out of bed and function. Also after I got severely dehydrated for almost a week and now all of my joints are popping non stop.. chest, shoulders, knees, ankles, wrists.. it's awful. My knee will pop like 5 times in one minute while standing up... could I have destroyed all my cartilage ? Does cartilage regenerate at a young age ? Also a little background info on my usage.. I abused for 3 months.. December I probably did it twice or 3 times, January 2 times and February is where I really fucked up and did it four days in a row.. first day was 3 pills and then next 3 days I probably did 5 each day. Help me please! Anyone have a similar experience and did they recover? Did I cause permanent damage to my anox ? I'm freaking out.. I know my usage was stupid.. I didn't realize how dangerous it was till after.  I literally think about killing myself all day everyday because this is so miserable. I was put in a psych ward for 2 and a half weeks and they put me on Wellbutrin and abilify.. will these even help? I am hopeless. Oh yeah and I'm also having weird twitching all over my body and weird popping sounds also coming from up inside my nose...

Between October of 2006 and March of 2007 I did approximately 250-300 MDMA pills. 12-16 EVERY weekend.

You will be just fine.

Many people have had this experience after that kind of abuse. Almost 100% of the time, they get better eventually. To speed up the healing process, you should try to eat healthy, get regular exercise, get plenty of sleep, and avoid using drugs. You will feel better with time.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I'm glad someone else has had this experience.. I've been so afraid I'm going to be like this forever... is the abilify and Wellbutrin going to slow down my recovery ? My mother forced me to stay in a pysch ward for 2 weeks and that's what they ended up putting me on. I'm trying to eat healthy as possible and workout the most I can... anyone know what could be wrong with my joints? The popping is just getting worse every day..

Thanks nucci37 for your reply that really gives me hope that I might recover in under a year, hopefully less.

Hello... I've been through the same for a very long time. If you still need help, add me on whats app so we can talk and I can provide you with some information that helped me a lot thru. It really makes a difference to have someone to talk with. <<took out phone number>>

Last edited by a moderator:
Many people have had this experience after that kind of abuse. Almost 100% of the time, they get better eventually. To speed up the healing process, you should try to eat healthy, get regular exercise, get plenty of sleep, and avoid using drugs. You will feel better with time.
I agree ^. When you take too much MDMA a lot of serotonin(Active neurotransmitter responsible for emotions, appetite, mood, etc.) in your brain is being used for the trip, so after the trip or trips, you will eventually feel like shit. Your brain will have to produce serotonin overtime, it might take longer depending on the dosage. Till then; Eat, drink, sleep, and exercise. The more you exercise the more serotonin is produced by the brain, in turn making you feel better.

I can barley function.. this is literally crippling.. I don't want to be like this forever. I've been trying to at least walk or something everyday but I'm barley making it through this... there is no way I can live like this for long... I feel nothing... absolutely nothing but sadness.

I used around 500mg each time I rolled and one time even used a gram of pure mdma throughout the day and night. Time is the best healer for everything, u are still in the early stages of recovery. I say give it a few more months and if you don't feel any better AT ALL, then go see a doctor. And please stay away from all types of stimulants for atleast a year.

I've already seen a doctor, my mom put me in psych ward for two and a half weeks and they put me on Wellbutrin and abilify.. so have you still not recovered ? I did it 4 nights in a row...

Thiago how long have you been going through this ? And that number didn't work. Please tell me you have recovered ?

You just gotta give it more time sister. Like I said before I just recently started feeling better after about 6 or 7 months. While you're waiting try to exercise and eat well as much as possible. It's also sort of a mind set thing, the less you dwell on the problem the better you'll feel, just try not to think about it so much.