• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mdma recovery! Please help.. anyone with similar experience ? Please! This is hell

Lithium might be useful, I've read that it is effective in preventing suicidal thoughts.

Waking up every 2 hours through out the night and I can't sleep as long as I used to that's for sure. I usually wake up at 7-8 am every morning now when I used to be able to sleep like a rock intill noon.

Also do you really think it's depersonalization I don't feel like I'm in a dream and I dont feel detached my my body or looking at myself from a 3rd person. I just simply can not feel any of my emotions or love, and I can't enjoy anything what so ever. It's driving me crazy.

Ihatenotfeeling,

What your describing is ahnedonia it's an inability to experience pleasure and is a core symptom of depression, I'm also experiencing it and it's terrible!

Really hope my Doctor will switch me to Prozac. I hope it helps even a little also. I feel as if no medication can help what I'm going through.

I'm not on any medication yet, I tried Mirtazapine and didn't like it. I'm hesitant to try an SSRI incase it worsens my symptoms. If I were to try anything I would probably go for something like Trimipramine. Are you having any therapy ?

Also do you really think it's depersonalization I don't feel like I'm in a dream and I dont feel detached my my body or looking at myself from a 3rd person. I just simply can not feel any of my emotions or love, and I can't enjoy anything what so ever. It's driving me crazy.
If you're not actually having the unreal feelings then it could certainly be more depression related. I'm actually surprised that you're apparently not having much DP/DR, but this is good news.

This may not be what is happening to you, but some people get depersonalization/derealization and then emotional numbing because they aren't really connecting with the world and their own emotions. But at any rate, lamotrigine sees use in treating bipolar depression as well. So if SSRIs (Prozac) don't work, there are still other options that have helped others. Always something to talk to a good doc about.

Just to reiterate, a couple months is still really early on in the grand scheme of things. Hang in there.

If you're not sleeping then that is something really important to address in any way you can - my first recommendation is mindfulness.

Sounds like you're pretty anxious about all this and ruminating a lot as well, so this is something else to consider doing mindfulness and therapy/CBT for.

Ihatenotfeeling,

I would give therapy a try, speaking about your problems with a therapist might help. Please stay from Anti-physcotic medication, it should only be prescribed to people suffering schizophrenia or bipolar. You have neither of these conditions your just experiencing a depressive episode..

I would get hormones tested and see a psychiatrist who is familiar with the neuroendocrine system. They are difficult to find though.

Depressive episodes do not just happen out of thin air

Before this I was happy af my whole life I have no reason to be depressed it was the drugs that messed with my brain. Only thing I would have to say to a therapist is what I have said to you guys and that would not help. I'm obsessed with how I used to be and I can't just except this. I'm not fine.