• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mdma recovery! Please help.. anyone with similar experience ? Please! This is hell

About your musculoskeletal issues - excess muscle tension can really cause a lot of problems, and so can altered posture and bodily mechanics.

As an example, when people have anxiety they tend to breathe through their chest/rib cage - this can cause all sorts of popping in the ribcage joints and higher up in the sternum. Whereas breathing correctly through the diaphragm/stomach wont cause popping.

If muscles like the hip adductors get too tight, they can cause all sorts of popping and pain.

Try to do some stretching and yoga, and be mindful of your posture/breathing. Lots of people seem to have neck/head problems with these sorts of syndromes - I think it's important to treat the musculoskeletal aspect.

Mindfulness practice can be critical. People tend to ruminate all day long and that is no good. Start learning some mindfulness through YouTube and apps like Headspace and give it some time.

I'm not a medical professional but I'm not entirely sure about the Wellbutrin, but it's entirely dependent on how you feel with it. If it's stimulating you, making you anxious or keeping you from sleeping as well, then I would talk to a doctor about that. Usually stimulating drugs are not the direction to go in with these syndromes. Abilify is also hit or miss with some people for other conditions.

Try to get lots of sleep, exercise and give yourself to mindfulness. Thinking 24/7 is not so good for us. So do watch out for having a conversation with yourself in your head (inner monologue) or replaying past events/regretting and all that jazz. Try to just stay in the present moment.

Sounds like you've got some serious depersonalization/derealization - the drugs that have been investigated for treating depersonalization are really mood stabilizers (like lamotrigine, which people have had success treating this type of thing with) and SSRIs, so I'm not sure what's up with the abilify and Wellbutrin.

Shitty doctors are everywhere. It can take some time to get a good one.

Drink water and eat a well rounded diet - protein, low glycemic index carbs and good fats with a multivitamin. And oh yes cartilage regenerates all the time. It could be a synovial fluid/muscle tension thing, also the twitching ("fasiculations") are really common with this sort of thing and are nothing to be worried about. They are called "benign fasiculations" for a reason ;)

Give it time. Unfortunately recovery is not very measurable in weeks for most people, it's usually measured in months.

Last edited:
Thank cotcha for the reply! I know it's going to take many more months, I'm just hoping I don't have to hit the year mark for this recovery. That's such a long ways away. Also with cartilage are you sure it can regenerate.. I read after 15 or 16 it stops regenerating.

Did anything like this ever happen to you jk25?

I did experience depression and an overall negative mood and I would cry about the smallest things like if my coffee got too cold to enjoy it and thought about suicide daily amd thought I wouls never be happy again ever. But these feeling faded within a month or 2 max after my last MDMA session and I was feeling fine again. Though I should mention that I took a 20mg Fluoxetine daily after the heavy 5 month MDMA binge which must have assisted in the re-regulation and of Serotonin. As far as physical symptoms, I had none.

And absolutely no one understands what I'm going through and just keeps saying I need to pull myself out of this... like if I could I freaking would... I don't want to be like this forever.

They started me on Zoloft but only had me on it for a week and a half and then switched me to Wellbutrin

NO NO NO! Get off of Wellbutrin, don't even take another one of them. Wellbutrin is is a synthetic analogue that falls into the Beta-Kitone family of stimulants, alongside Mephedrione, Mehtcathinone and the Cathinones which all have the same effect as amphetamines, they are all even structurally related to ecstasy itself, all of these stimulantsfall under the phenethylamines family of stimulants. You are basically drinking MDMA every day now it is an upper, that is the last thing you need right now is more central nervous system stimulation.

GET A DIFFERENT DOCTOR AND GET good old Prozac (Fluoxitine), 20mg once in the morning. Don't drink another Wellbutrin, leave them alone, I had a script for it once and abused the fucking stuff to get high and they do make you very high if you drink enough.

GET OFF THEM NOW!!!

My mom is pushing the meds and won't let me not take them.. fml and seriously lobster, have you been through this ? I feel the pain every day trust me.. I cry Mutiple times a day and feel like I just don't know what to do

Fuck this new me.. I can't live with this.. it's fucking hell everyday. You must not understand if your telling me to embrace this.

Eventually you will recover. It might help be outside in sunshine and try to be active even if you don't feel like it.
Sorry to hear about your experience.

Why would u jump off a bridge? It's only going to last like 6 months or so AT MOST. That's not really much time in the whole scheme of things. Just relax.

Have you even tried any of the methods we have suggested? Such as, exercising, eating well, getting good sleep and practicing mindfulness?

Yes I have been taking your guys advice, going on two walks a day, eating good, sleeping good, and taking lots of vitamins and I'm taking bacopa and l-carnitine. I'm going to stop the Wellbutrin and stay on the abilify. I guess I'll just flush them every day and tell my mom I'm taking them. Then possibly try to get them to switch me to Prozac

I'm even getting a gym membership and I'm going to force myself to go hopefully. At least for like 30 minutes or so. My joints are fucked though, I've tried stretching and all that good stuff.. they are really messed up and popping more and more everyday

Nucci just because it lasted 6 months for you doesn't mean it will for me. Everyone is different. I hope it only last 6 months though.. I can't make it to a year.