• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mdma recovery! Please help.. anyone with similar experience ? Please! This is hell

Also how did it make you feel? Did it make you feel anything ? Or make you be able to enjoy things a slight bit ?

8-bit did you excercise every day? I really just can't seem to force myself... it's awful seeing as I used to love it and workout everyday ?? will it slow down recovery if I don't ?

for how long are you guys all excercising ? 8-bit are you fully recovered btw ? And you said your emotions came back when ? 12 months?

Also with mirtazapine you says it's a mild med ? Shouldn't I need something as strong as possible in this case? Should I try lexapro? It and Zoloft are ranked #1 for effectiveness.

It helped me sleep for a while which was nice, but that's it. No I'm not recovered, but I'm functioning. I try to run a 5k 3 days a week and lift weights......doesn't help my symptoms but makes me feel good.

12 months from the initial OD, 11 months from when shit hit the fan. Yeah I dunno about what med you should use.....that'd for a doctor to tell you....

Mirtazapine is mild in the sense that it doesn't have many side effects and is easy to quit. It's actually a very effective AD from what I understand.

A close friend of mine took an unidentified pill and went through a 2 month long period of "depersonalization" He returned to normal slowly after, but it was very scary to see him go through this. You are not alone in this, but you most likely will return to normal eventually...maybe get some professional help from a doctor or someone else qualified if the feelings continue. There is a whole community here to support you though, please update when you can !

I'll try, I'm trying to hang in here. I feel like no one on here has the exact same situation as me though. Just complete emotional numbness with no anxiety or anything.. and no one has said they have recovered from emotional numbness... this is so awful....

Also with mirtazapine you says it's a mild med ? Shouldn't I need something as strong as possible in this case? Should I try lexapro? It and Zoloft are ranked #1 for effectiveness.

Mirtazapine can be taken at various dosages - it can help with sleep at lower dosages (15mg) but will function more as an antidepressant at higher dosages.

I say I can't feel a thing because I really can't.. I hate the fact I don't even find things funny anymore.. I'm not myself at all and I just can't except it.. Idk what to do../ I can't enjoy a single thing how am I suppose to live life if I can't enjoy it ? Will this never go away ? Please someone comment and say they have had this torture happen to them and it went away eventually.

Yes it went away even before the full recovery.

I am not fully recovered but that emotional numbing did go away and I said before it was one of the first things to go away.

Okay sorry just needed some more reassurance. So much for jumping off the bridge my mom took my keys.. so I have to live out this hell. At what month did your emotional numbing go away ? My mom just keeps flipping out on me and saying I need to pull myself out of this and saying sorry life is so boring and blah blah. I'm like it's not that's there's nothing to do it's that I can't enjoy any of it and she doesn't understand.

Did mirtazapine actually work for both of you ?
Also how did it make you feel? Did it make you feel anything ? Or make you be able to enjoy things a slight bit ?
8-bit did you excercise every day? I really just can't seem to force myself... it's awful seeing as I used to love it and workout everyday  will it slow down recovery if I don't ?
for how long are you guys all excercising ? 8-bit are you fully recovered btw ? And you said your emotions came back when ? 12 months?

Mirtazapine definitely 'worked', in the sense that it had an effect and much more so earlier on in my treatment..its effects were stimulating and I felt very activated on it, like it created a warm buzz in my brain, which I can't say I enjoyed but I found it more viable than feeling nothing at all. Also put me to sleep heavily and gave an insatiable appetite. Its effects now are the same but less pronounced. Overall it didn't fix me one bit, but has perhaps mitigated the severity of the condition.
It is mild compared to the others but still pretty potent. Sorry - mild isn't the right word - 'mild' is more a word I would use to describe the effects of green tea. P.s. it's really difficult to give qualifications/judgements with medication as everyone is different. In my opinion (take it with a pinch of salt) going on an SSRI so early on in the condition is inadvisable because I believe the brain needs to be given some room to repair, or whatever it does, without being assaulted by yet more serotonergic drugs.

I did not exercise every day, in fact very little in the beginning of it as I was too dilapidated. I think minimizing stress is more important so don't do it if you really can't face it. I did do some pretty intense cardio and weights after about 2 months...then lately I've been doing an average of one workout/week. Yes, around 12 months I noticed some activity, after 14 months I started to feel emotions trying to come through but failing to manifest, as if they were inhibited. Only very recently have I started to feel some normal degree of emotion, but they're still quite dulled - so no I'm not fully recovered.

Last edited:
It took around 6 months for emotions to be fully back for me. Although for me I was on SSRI lexapro in the beginning and that was also adding to my emotional numbing so getting off that helped.

Then I used various supps including a otc hormone but for these things a doctor who knows his/her stuff is best to go to as hormones (and psych drugs) are not to be played around with.