• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

LTC medication treatment

martomat

Greenlighter
This thread concerns LTC sufferers. This thread does not want to lose itself in long and open debates with few results as it´s the case in the LTC recovery threads.
For clarity, this is a own thread, only about medication, a topic that in my opinion is underrated among LTC-people.

Which medicine could work? Which medicine you already tried?
Which food supplyments, which psychopharmaka, which amino acids?
When having enough information we could write a list that shows frequently used medicine by LTC-sufferers and common health effects.
Let´s share our experiences and thoughts!

Me, personally:
~3 years LTC, started psychopharmaka medication with doctors some months ago, but way way too late... Following substances tried:

Vitamin supplyments: no effect
Ginger: no effect
Roseroot: worsened the symptoms
Amphetamine, Cocaine: worsened the symptoms. 8)
Tilidin: worsened the symptoms.
MXE: worsened the symptoms.
Abilify 10 weeks, 5/10mg: no positive effect.
now Tianeptin 11 days, 12,5mg: still waiting.

I tried ketamine therapy-- aggravated anxiety and made me feel off.

Klonopin--helps with all my symptoms but I cannot use it constantly due to dependency/addiction issues.

That confirms my experience with the MXE dissociativum.
To concrete your information about Klonopin: can you please tell what symptoms you have? In what way "it helps"?

Why anyone would use MXE to fix a drug induced mental disorder is beyond me. Smh

Why anyone would use MXE to fix a drug induced mental disorder is beyond me. Smh

Agreed. And coke/amphetamine? Wtf lol. Stressing out the body artificially even more...

@martomat

Klonopin helps me with low mood as well as anxiety and the pin/needle/tingling anxiety sensation. Also helps me with nausea. Prior to my ketamine treatment which i am recovering from I can say that Klonopin had pretty much eliminated 90% of my symptoms. In fact, the only reason I am looking into other stuff is that this is a damn benzo and I cannot take it daily.

Otherwise I would have for all intents and purposes be "recovered" or close to it on a Benzo. But of course the 1 thing that helps has a damn dependency and horrific w/d syndrome that causes all these same LTC symptoms

Does not help with visual snow.

I rarely have the concentration/motivation to make longer posts any more, but I'll chime in with was has been important for me:

Chamomile (tea): Life saver, I drank this every morning for around a year. I would say I noticed a calming and at the same time stimulating effect about 4 out of 5 days (some times I would not experience any discernible effect)

L-Taurine: Dosing 2 grams early in the morning was a life saver on especially rough days. It saved me on days with little to no sleep when I had a long workday ahead of me. I generally did not get much effect when using on consecutive days. I always limit use to once a week. I have not had success with it as a sleep aid.

L-Theanine: No effect

Magnesium: I've supplemented on and off with Magnesiumcitrate. Mild calming effect, it does have an effect on sleep but I'm not convinced that it is for the better.

Alprazolam: Great sleep aid. General symptom reduction. Definite cognitive impairment day after use.
Clonazepam: Decent sleep aid, great reduction of general symptoms (2-3 days). Mildly euphoric. Little to no cognitive impairment except for memory.
Diazepam: Great sleep aid, great reduction of general symptoms (2-3 days). Little discernible cognitive impairment.

With benzos I always dose low. Doses equivalent to 5 - 10 mg of diazepam.

Zopiclone: Good sleep aid with a stimulating effect the day after. Big crash in the afternoon though, and side effects lasting for a couple of days. Definitely the hardest hitting out of all the benzo/z-drugs I've tried. By hardest hitting I mean it knocks me out cold, I don't remember anything of the night, and I get severe side effects for a few days. I still use it rarely, because it's almost like a cognitive enhancer during the day after use, before the side-effects set in.

Tianeptine: I don't quite remember the effects any more. I know I felt as if it gave me greater stress tolerance, but I think that was about it. Was on it for 6 months, no withdrawal symptoms.

I will start an SSRI at the end of summer.

Mirtazapine for first 2 months of LTC. Made it up to 21 mg for one week. for sleep in the beginning, then sleep effects wore off. No reduction in symptoms. In fact the first day I took it I saw waving walls and BFEP for the first time. Seen this periodically ever sense.

Amitriptyline. Tried it for like 2 weeks, 10 mg. Seems ok for sleep. No issues with symptoms. Started to see a few more stringy type floaters around this time.... But I don't think it's related.

Valium. Works good for sleep, up to 10 mg. I usually take it and to right to bed, so I don't feel any of the anxiolytic effects. The following day feels like any other. No reduction in symptoms though.

Clonidine. Seems like a mild anxiolytic effect....but it's not that great a sleep aid. I take .1 mg once in a while....I took .15 mg once and felt nauseous, shaky, and sweaty....with a huge thumping slow heartbeat....wasn't pleasant.

Zopiclone - Love it! Works great for sleep and I wake up feeling like I had real natural sleep...I consider it a Wonder drug....I only take it sparingly though since it's habit forming.

Melatonin - Takes 6 mg for me to actually feel something....use it once a week or so.

Chamomile tea is nice, along with peppermint.

Kava Tea and decaf green tea all make me have a spike in symptoms.

As you can see.....my issues stem around sleep. I don't suffer from depression, but maybe some anxiety​. If I sleep good, I feel good. If I don't sleep I get anxious (although way less anxious than I used to - thanks mindfulness!)

The problem with this thread is you are asking what is the best medication for an LTC. There is no such thing as an LTC and this board needs to stop reffering to as such. However, there are certainly issues related to drug/mdma use such as HPPD, Depersonilisation and Derealisation disorder, anxiety, depression etc etc. You can't just lump all these into one category as refer to them as a 'long term comedown' because its not appropriate for everyone. What might be beneficial to HPPD might not be beneficial to standard depression. That being said as someone who suffers with moderate-severe DP/DR disorder (fluctuates) and mild HPPD I have tried the following; Amitriptyline - Tried this for sleep two nights in a row in the very early stages. Helped with sleep but made me extremely depressed and groggy the next day 20mg CBD/1mg THC capsules - very early stages, wasn't aware what was really going on but looking back this was a mistake as it contained small amount of THC. CBD might be useful for some though as had a calming effect St johns wort - very early stages, helped at first but then made it worse Green tea - made it worse, probably due to caffeine Alcohol - makes it worse for lengthy periods L-theanine - unsure, may help with sleep but rarely have issue with sleep anyway Magnesium - Relaxing, may help with sleep L-taurine - useful but may have a mild depressant effect, worth cycling Valium - Use 2.5mg very occasionally (usually 3-4 times a month), works well but dont use due to addicitive potential and harmful effects on body Exercise - The best medicine there is and helps me more than anything else. If you haven't implemented an exercise regime into your life then this is the first step before anything else....then medication Diet - another biggy, plant based diet does me wonders Chamomile tea is another good shout