• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Anybody know the weed laws in Nevada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

opiateman23

Bluelighter
Planning on heading back to Nevada after a long hiatus. I am aware that voters in the Silver State, voted to legalize marijuana. However, does anyone know if edibles will be available? Will the northern part of Nevada have recreational weed? Google hasn't been much help. I'll be up in Winnemucca and Battle Mountain if that helps.

Yes. Thank you very much. Australia? Is the attitude towards cannabis changing there? The U.K., Australia, and a few other countries have an uphill battle IMO. I am very glad individual states are doing this here in the USA. Kinda crazy, used to have to take a hop over the pond to the Nederlands to smoke or eat weed. Ten plus years always comes with change.

No worries.

Your opinion of our weed laws are spot on. Not much is changing here at all. We are a very long way behind the many places in the US that have legalised. We do not have 1 single weed dispensary here at all. It's illegal to use cannabis in every state and territory here. Some places have decriminalised weed to an extent for relatively small amounts. In the state I live in if you are caught with 15 grams or under you can be given a cannabis caution (max 3 cautions before being sent to court). But I buy weed by the ounces so most of the time when I go and pick up if I was pulled over and searched (and they found the weed) then I would have to goto court.

We also have very strict cannabis driving laws that are very unfair. The cops use these saliva tests that only test for weed, meth and xtc. And of course cannabis stays in our system the longest so they are catching people who have often used weed several days since they were tested and obviously they aren't impaired to drive they are then arrested and sent to court where you lose your licence for either 3 or 6 months and get a large fine (around $1,000) and get a criminal conviction. If you are caught a 2nd or third time it just gets worse, like loss of driving license for a year and larger fine. Eventually jail.

Meanwhile the drug driving tests don't test for Benzos, Opiates or heroin or LSD or cocaine so any of those drugs and you are fine. Pathetic corrupt testing system. They know cannabis will raise them lots of money in fines and is easy to detect in saliva and the cops target certain areas with high drug use. It's a sad joke. Many people are losing their jobs because they can't drive to work and things like that. It's bullshit. It's not about impairment, it's about presence. Any presence of those 3 (weed, meth, xtc) drugs and you are in the shit.

I really hope we get some politicians who change this prohibition approach. We could be creating new jobs in the cannabis field and taking the profits away from crime gangs who grow in hydro houses etc. The government could be making huge amounts in legal tax.

We supposedly have medicinal cannabis but that's a joke too. Even if you are dying of cancer it's still really hard to get any medicinal cannabis because doctors dont wont to prescribe it and they have to go through all sorts of paperwork and bullshit to do it. Even then if a patient does get prescribed medicinal cannabis it's not in full plant form, it's either a nasal spray or an oil afaik.

Wow. I figured Australia would be much more liberal on Medical Marijuana. Universal Healthcare is what we need. But, ours is a situation in reverse here, weed is starting to become legal, but we can't get universal healthcare.

Weed is now 'legal' here, if you are over 18. They are opening dispensaries July 1 for legal purchase. If you have a medical card you can purchase now. The dispensaries are just like in any other state, so yes there are edibles. I'm in Reno, and there are lots of dispensaries in town. Hope this helps!

we don't allow legal discussion here guys..

you can search this up on google.

Status
Not open for further replies.