Mental Health Extreme Anxiety

Fender07

Greenlighter
I've been sober from adderall for a little over a month; I am over the withdrawals, yet I have seemed to hit a new problem. As of lately, I have been having extreme anxiety. I did research and I think it might be PAWS, but I'm not sure, and it's really beginning to become a big deal. I am already at a very stressful point in my life (I recently graduated high school, so I have to figure out a lot of college related stuff), so this seems to fuel the fire. I'm usually fine during the day (the only real anxiety symptom I've had during the day is overreacting to trivial problems), but at night it is pure hell. I have negative thoughts constantly running through my head, ranging from getting my financial aid verified to worrying about my relationship with my girlfriend. It's gotten to a point where it's happened every night; aside from the fact that it is complete torture, it is also making it difficult to sleep, which only makes it worse. I've begun to workout, but it doesn't seem to be helping. Any advice or explanations would be appreciated. Even something small to help me understand what's going on with me more would make a big impact. Thanks

I'm sorry to hear you have so much anxiety.

I think it could very well be aderal paws. It could be something else as well. Doesn't really matter, does it?

Some things you could do:
- talk to a counselor.
- talk to your gp.
- don't use any drugs. In my opinion all drugs cause more anxiety long-term.
- cbt.
- mindfullness.

To give you an example of the latter, I'll copy & paste something I wrote to someone withdrawing from xtc:
If you have visitors in your house and you don't want them to stay (because you don't like them all that much...), don't serve them tea.
It works a bit the same with negative thoughts. If you have one and give it much attention (tea), the thought will stay, get bigger, etc...
So, next time you notice you pay far too much attention to a negative thought, say to yourself "no tea" and go on with the next thought.
It helps me... a bit. Still does...

I hope this helps you as well.

Vazkor