• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health (Warning - unpleasant thread)Head messed up after stopping guy from hanging himself

Lotus123

Bluelighter
I recently stopped a friend of mine with alot of mental health issues (BPD, ASPD, comorbid depression) from hanging himself by talking him down. This isn't the first time he has pulled something like this nor is this the first suicide attempt I have stopped.

I have a very thick emotional bank account and regularly help alot of people with mental health issues. But this one has messed my head up. Usually I am the one fixing people but now I need fixing

Advice for the aftershock? I would usually just give myself advice but I'm not thinking logically, acting impulsively, not sleeping, etc. I have Asperger's syndrome and am predisposed to chronic severe anxiety

Cry- that is the only ting that helped me when I had to do the same for my son. Counseling and focus on taking care of yourself for a while is helpful too. Remember, you don't have to carry other people's baggage.

Wow- wish I could take that last part to heart right now.

Advice for the aftershock? I would usually just give myself advice but I'm not thinking logically, acting impulsively, not sleeping, etc. I have Asperger's syndrome and am predisposed to chronic severe anxiety

Mindfulness meditation and a peaceful environment. Green spaces/parks/gardens. Limited social contact with other people to give yourself a chance to recharge. And maybe pets/animals - I find them most rewarding for emotional recovery.