• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Heroin help urgently please

Hydrospy

Greenlighter
So i have a hydromorphone prescription enough to shove 48mg up my nose a day for a month....done for a long time....im stopping tho and i mean it as i keep burning the script and suffering wds.....thankfully ive a very supportive gf who will never bug.me about it but wants me to get better.ive a good job and life but in wd all i can think about is ending the pain....i have very legitimate reasons for using.so i ran out as i always do however this time i couldnt find anything except H and it is the brown powder kind....i prob bought about 8 points for the 3 days ill need it to stave off the sicknes....this is day 2 nightime i just did a bump and i am fuxkin terrified of getting addicted to h i know i like it and this has taken down much better people than me.im not stupid i know i will fall into the trap which is why i want to change....this time i feel different and will try my fkin hardest to taper myself off the hydro....dont tell me to not use h as im doing it to stave off sickness velieve me or not its fact....last night i nodded pretty good and tonight just got mega itch going so far.so my question is this please dont flame me for other shit and just answer what i ask lol dont mean to sound rude ive been reading for hours before making this post. If all goes according to plan and i just use between my scripts will i develop a dependence to H? It really scares me but i simply cannot take the sickness i know itll get worse if i travel the H road i really hope i dont and am committed to getting it together this time.....havent felt this way in the years ive been doing this,honestly a first time for that.....so i rewlly.hope i follow thru on the promises to myself and my woman to taper down and stop....im just hoping 3 days of heroin,literally 8 points tops,wont completely fuck me up or send me down an ugly WD road which im trying to avoid! When i start on start on my script again will it all go back to good or have i set myself up for a huge fall?any advice greatly appreciated i love that this site exists and have gotten great advice from just reading....i hope my experiences can help the person just like me whos doc wont early release anything. I am terrified of H but fuck it helps the wd something fierce. Love u guys and my amazing woman for putting up with my shit (she will never read this so i aint kissing ass....) thanks everyone fast responses are welcomed so i can decide what im doing...just smoked about a quarter point now too....ugh. thanks for the help

Hi there, im tapering off hydros as well and am a former iv heroin addict. Doing heroin for 3 or so days will not get you hooked on it. Just dont go longer, i was hoomed within a week, not physically though, just loved tje feeling. I can tell you this. I was sober for 16 years after my last hit of dope. And i never thought id be on this mess again. It can happen. Getting of the hydros is going to be difficult, believe me im trying, but i promise you will have a better life ofd drugs. Its so much easier. You can live instead of constantly thinking of yoir next high. But do your h, just no longer than a few days and you will be fine. Just dont do any more when you het off hydros. The mental withdrawal is hardest and for 16 years i still have dope dreams. It really is a lifelong struggle, but worth it. Good luck and god bless you.

How much hydro wer u doing? Are u sure ill be ok?will the hydros stop any H wothdrawal symptoms? Im so done with this lifestyle.......hope u succeed too bro we will support each other

If all goes according to plan and i just use between my scripts will i develop a dependence to H?
addiction to one opiate and another are - generally speaking - the same thing. by "develop a dependence to H", do you mean become addicted to heroin specifically?

i guess the answer is yes and no.
basically the hydromorphone and heroin are essentially interchangeable - as you are able to substitute one for the other.

this is the problem with using one opiate to help you taper off another.

the problem you could run into is jacking your tolerance up so high with heroin that your prescribed hydromorph won't be effective any more. by the sounds of it, tolerance is what's caused you to turn to heroin in the first place, because your scripted dose isn't enough to last you.
the real risk with using heroin is that you have no idea how strong it is, or what is in it - so unlike tapering with prescription opiates, you don't know the exact dose you're taking.
this is especially dangerous if you get an unusually strong batch, or most worryingly, get heroin that is cut with fentanyl (or is only fentanyl).
you run the risk then of not only sending your tolerance through the roof, but obviously overdose.

i'm not sure if that is what you're asking, but i wish you all the best - different people have different approaches to these things, and different things work for different people.
there's heaps on info on here though, so the more you read up, the more options and different opinions you are likely to find.

Thanks for the intelligent reply. I guess what i mean is will 4 days of using like 2 points per day snorted little at a timw just to aboid sicknes bump the tolerance up that much? Im guna be so careful and if i have developed any relationship with H ill detox it out this weekend by going clean....ive a long road aheaf of me ive never felt this urge to stop before so i know its guna he different....really hope i can stick to it tho....thanks

For all your body cares, hydromorphone=heroin.

That being said, if you're careful to just ONLY ENOUGH to avoid being sick, no, you won't up your tolerance. (48mg a day of Dilaudid is already nothing to scoff at imo)

How ate you making out. Please be careful with heroin. Just tje legal aspect if nothing else. Because of my arrest and conviction almost 20 years ago i cant chaperone on feild trips and am in tje process of getting a governors pardon that takea three years to complete. It van mess your life up om ways you never dreamed of. God bless

Yeah im done with it as of today snd i have my hydro script which i intend on at least making last this time but ideally id love to have extra left to prove to myself i can do it....i will try to only take them when im sick and i will beat this shit....i wont be controlled by a substance fuck that.however.....a friend of mine ODd before at work from 2 hoots of fenty heroin....well he came here on break with me and another buddy and he took aome hydro i had crushed up and sone down i had in the bathroom....i left work early tonite i had stuff to do abd my other buddy txts me 'whats wrong with BUDDY somethings up....' so obv hes done something now i gota worry about him fucking his life up losijg his job etc im beyond stressed at this point.i dodnt sell or push anything please tell me this isnt my fault......i didnt kno this wud happen im absolutely freaking out.

If nothing else I would be careful hanging out with your H using friends,thats not smart, sooner or later youll have a bad day and ask for some. Best to only use what youre prescribed and taper from that. If I were you I would plan ahead how to get off of it and talk about it with someone(like gf perhaps) about it all to keep an eye on you. Youre crushing your pills, doing H, hanging out with H users. And dont use H anymore. While an opiate is an opiate with reference to wds, the euphoria and feeling is slightly different and IMO H is more addictive.

Not going well atm I ran out of script early again and bought more as an out so I dnt get sick....im really fucking scared i cannot ve a slave to this substance i want my life back but I'm terrified. I feel like everything has become too much for me to handle and honestly I wish i wasn't here at this point....im absolutely terrified and im guna lose everything over this i know it....i dnt need to take much H to avoid sickness so as long as I'm strict with myself (which I never am) i would be ok....i refuse to become a slave but I'm really worried that thats what im becomijg....guna throw whole life away my gf knows somethings up i just would NEVER be able to explain its all i can do to not get sick....

2 week script lasted one week..

Clearly need help im not strong enough for this im in debt im stuck in a country i don't want to be in with no family or fuck all.....i duno its all become too much and maybe contributes to my usage....i want to pay my debts off and go home and start again....if im alive that long either thru accident or myself....not saying im suicidal but I defo dont doubt things wud be easier if i wasn't around....ugh what a pathetic cry for help/attention so ashamed but it's how I feel.....dont do drugs kids....

Sorry but being vague about your troubles doesn't help us understand... If you want positive change in your life you have to take responsibility and do something to make it happen.

Besides saying "very legitimate reasons," you haven't explained at all why you get 48mg of hydromorphone per day, or whether this actually does anything for your Quality of Life. You haven't said what country you're currently in, where you're from, or the big WHY behind this myriad of complaints you have. I'm not sure what my point is, besides that your scripting doc can't help you if you're not honest with them. And you clearly need objective help, so look into a therapist of some kind who you could discuss your issues with.

Yeah I guess I'm paranoid to give too much away incase someone works out who i am....total paranoia but I know ppl who use this site....i get the hydro for a degenerative bone issue....quite serious tbh.....either way i will do something along the lines of what ur saying. This simply isn't fun anymore and I want my life back

i'll play devil's advocate; all you seem to be doing is searchung for an excuse to try heroin. you have no self-control with your hydro (month Rx in a week, maybe less) what makes you think you won't just do the same with the H? are you really in a strong enough position to just chip away at that bag?

Also consider that a short half-life medicine like hydromorphone is inappropriate for use for chronic pain, especially neuro-related pain like Degenerative Disc Disease. Have you ever used cannabis for your pain? Have you ever considered a longer half-life medication like morphine or methadone? Have you considered going back to whatever country you're from and getting real treatment?

Is it possible to OD by snorting 2 bags of H? It had been a month and half since my last time using it but I can't figure out if that is what caused this or was the H laced with something. This has me really scared. I don't want to stop using because I like to do it every so often. Is there anything I can do to be more safe?

Hydropsy- When I switched to Hydromorphone I was so happy, it works better than the oxy I was on. Your story frightens me a bit. I don't get high from my pain meds, I don't honestly think I can. Do you mind telling me how you ended up there? You can P.M. me if you are concerned about your id. I have no idea who/where you are, nor would I care. I just want to take my meds with my eyes open to the danger. Does that make sense?

You guys are all right and its so hard to admit so please dont hate on me right now im at wits end and in terrible shape mentally....no im not strong enough to use H sensibly....im a complete bitch infact....right now im watching H destroy a friends life so badly after ive tried everythijg to help him....i run out of my meds early because i share with ppl like this....so fuxking upset right now....i called my mum in my home country and told her im considering coming home after 9 years here.....im absolutely terrified but ill end up dead in a gutter if i dont.....ty for the responses holy crap....so ashamed of myself half hope i od and die....wrote a note saying not to worry and ive finally found pewce if it happens....thats how bad its gotten....ugh y post here when i dont need help i need to fking die....sorry guys.drama queen here....love u sll and ty for trying