Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Molly + ???) - Experienced - First Bad Roll

sfpinup

Greenlighter
Curious if anyone has any thoughts/experience about what we may have taken...

Went to a warehouse party in DTLA over Memorial Day. Four (4) of us took a capsule (crystals) that was supposed to be pure Molly/MDMA. Capsules were untested and unweighed. No one received any effect. About an hour later, we all took one more capsule (same batch). 3 of us had no response. I initially had mild molly-type feelings of euphoria and a strong desire to move around and dance (but not jittery or clenching).

About 2 hours after initial ingestion, the euphoria disappeared and I began to feel paranoia. I started to get stuck in my head - feelings that something bad was going to happen kept looping through my head. I was aware that it was the drug however, and kept relatively calm. Still, I was very uncomfortable and was receiving feelings and thoughts that I had never felt before.

At the same time, my friend (about 100lbs) and her two friends still felt nothing and ingested a third pill (about 3 hours after the initial ingestion). About 5 hours after the initial ingestion, my friend began to feel sensations of paranoia as well. Her symptoms rapidly accelerated however (at this time, mine had faded). She began to lose feeling in her limbs and showed extreme confusion. Her heart was racing and her breathing was rapid. Her muscles and jaw was clenching so hard she couldn't open her mouth. She thoughts were looping over extremely negative thoughts ("I'm ugly", "I'm so so sad", "Everything is so horrible", etc). Eventually she reached a point where she couldn't stand and was losing the ability to focus. We then called 9-1-1 and she stabilized at the E.R.

Her levels were elevated for a full 14 hours after initial ingestion and her feelings of confusion and paranoia lingered even longer (though she was able to walk and feel sensation again when she was discharged from the E.R.) All four (4) people were awake until 2pm the next day - 14 hours after ingestion. The two largest men felt nothing, I had a bad experience but controlled, the lightest of us all wound up in the E.R.

None of us had ever experienced this before - nor anything remotely close. The long-lasting effects seem to imply speed or meth - but I don't have any known experience with them. The negativity and paranoia - well, I have no idea. Anyone have any thoughts or similar experiences?

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_mdma
substancecode_empathogens
explevel_experienced
exptype_negative
exptype_healthissues
exptype_bodyload
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds horrible. Next time test your stuff and as a general rule if one doesn't do anything taking more is a bad idea.

I recommend to at least open up a capsule and visually inspect contents. Molly (MDMA), when cooked not in a lab (most of the time) appears as crystals (shards) of transparent to brown color, mostly being semi-transparent brownish crystals, has a distinctive flowery sweet smell, and is bitter to taste with the same distinctive flowery lingering aftertaste. Normal dose is around 100mg so if it appears as 20-30mg or 500mg, I would naturally doubt it's "molly".

Of course, it cannot be a reference but still you will be able to weed off lots of stuff after smelling and tasting confirmed MDMA (or other chem for that matter). Also there is a nice website to browse, maybe you can find something similar to what you took? http://www.ecstasydata.org/

Be safe! ;)