• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

1st day/new member

KeKeKat01

Greenlighter
I'm not sure if I'm posting ar the right place!
Dont think I was to begin new thread....sorry
This all looks confusing!

My interest/reason for joining: Opiates
Need to learn about Meds I'm on...Chronic pain patient/in my 35th YEAR
of pain/C-spine, T-spine, L-Spine; upper n lower limbs.

Also....FURIOUS n disheartened by the new prescribing laws!!!!
I was just prescribed this new ER, (extended release), TAMPER RESISTANT,
[FONT=Roboto-Regular, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]XTAMPZA 36mg q12hrs[/FONT]
(switched from Morphine ER 60mg. q12hrs)
Im also on: OXYCODONE 15mg/1 BID
Im scared to death it's not going to be any better than the above mentioned ER

Thank you for any help/information you can give me.

I'm also new here and since the FDA took away our Opana I'm now on Xtampza ER. Trying to figure out how to get past the wax balls for either snorting or IV. Obviously I'm not the only 1 looking but I don't think there are very many people with this drug yet since 0 pharmacies had it in my area and had to special order it and I can't find anything online or here on how to break it down. If anyone knows please let us few know. Thanks

Hello everyone, I am new on here as well. I saw the previous posts about xtampza, I actually poured out a cap of mine in some sprite last night in a clear glass cup and let it sit over night. When I woke up 6-7 hours later they were approximately 75% dissolved. I drank the mixture and the effects seemed to kick in much quicker. I will repeat and keep you updated. Also, any chemists on here? Would heating the wax into a liquid and resolidifying it destroy the DETERx technology at all?

With Opana's gone or going, I'm in much more pain with the darn drug companies flaunting and bribing docs to push Xtampza ER, 36mg that he put me on. Which is totally worthless orally. I'd rather take orally any day but with it being in balls of wax how the hell can a stomach like mine break it down. If any digestive system could! I have gastroparesis, I am on Nexium that stops acids in stomach. How are the balls of wax suppose to release the oxycodone. I mean I have never in my 25 years of chronic pain had such a worthless drug. Unless, they are suppose to give 6 a day to take. How could the doctor believe what he told me, that they were stronger than oxymorphone 40 ER. And that was when he gave me 18mgs of Xtampza to start off. Should I try the sprite test? Have you checked out more testing? Thanks so very much.

I tried heating wax balls of Xtampza which melted quickly and it just hardened up without looking like it changed anything but the shape, but I of course ate it and nothing. Just like the beads in the capsule, nothing. Nada. Worthless. That's the way they want it. The true junkies have done it again. And the companies have caused a way to make people want to take it differently!! Because it doesn't work otherwise!

The idea behind pain management is to decrease pain so that you can have a somewhat normal life. I too suffer from chronic pain and have had a MINIMUM of 25 surgeries. You mentioned being disheartened by the new laws regarding opiates, then you mention tampering with the new medication that you have been prescribed. Decisions like this is what has led to stricter laws on prescribing opiates. I would like to suggest that you take your medication as prescribed (meaning the right time, amount and lastly, the right route. By mouth, rectum, intravenously, etc.) Then take a closer look at why you think you need to tamper with the new medications original form unless you have plans to snort, inject, or administer via PEG or NG tube. When taking medications in any other route than originally prescribed you are just setting yourself up for addiction and a more difficult time in merely managing your pain. If you're doing for the buzz, you are just another self centered addict ruining an active and effective treatment plan for hundreds of thousands of people.

The idea behind xtampza is to reduce the likelihood of selling the drugs on the street. So, if the meds are harder to snort or inject the opiate epidemic and opiate related deaths will decline. So, take your meds as perscribed. It will take a week or so for you to have a therapeutic level.

Hey guys im new also, this is my 1st post/reply im addicted to meth (jib) as i call it, i am on the drugs- forum i love it. Im hoping to have the same great experience on BL

~Slammin love
-Reviewedbeef

I'm also new here and since the FDA took away our Opana I'm now on Xtampza ER. Trying to figure out how to get past the wax balls for either snorting or IV. Obviously I'm not the only 1 looking but I don't think there are very many people with this drug yet since 0 pharmacies had it in my area and had to special order it and I can't find anything online or here on how to break it down. If anyone knows please let us few know. Thanks
im also trying to figure this out. does anyone know

I found that the heated olive oil works well for taking it oral. No idea on inhaling etc.