• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Cards Magic: The Gathering

Norse Shaman

Bluelighter
How many bluelighters out there also enjoy "gatherings?" Lets keep it simple and lets just start with your favorite colors, which to me is almost like a judge of your personality. And do your regular play groups partake?

I love GB, as well as GR and recently BW. I also love artifacts above all else, but their colorless. I also despise blue, although I have used it in other decks. Infinite turn simic evolve deck with sage of hours!?!

I've gone through a few groups. Several have been down to partake, passing a bong around whilst playing. I've had groups that knew I smoked and etc but still played with me, as long as I didn't smoke around them. And then I've had a group that would have nothing to do with me because of it (and it was from an exaggeration made by a mutual acquaintance of the group so I felt very cheated).

My current two groups I haven't even asked for the sake of living in a small town and not wanting to alienate them. Groups of magic players are hard to come by here. Although one person in one group was among one of my older groups, and although he didn't care we smoked he never smoked himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played a little in high school. There wasn't any division between groups like you were mentioning. We had a big mash up of music nerds, stoners, loners, geeks, punks and even a few jocks. Something about MTG...if you like it, you like it, and most people I've known were always more than happy to play with who ever. A few of my inner circle smoked while playing. Makes it ten times more enjoyable. Of course sometimes we would get distracted and do something else, but, that happens with anything.

I played all kinds of decks but I tended to like ones where I could take my time setting everything up so I could unleash it all at once. I had the most success with a b/w cleric deck. I also had a badass affinity artifact deck which was all the rage at the time.

Ah yes, affinity. I personally love the infinite combo arcbound ravager. But I'm referring to groups outside of school. I didn't really start playing seriously until about halfway through collage, probably about 2010 (Mirroden besieged or new phyrexia had just released.) There were very different social groups than in highschool.

And yes, they still make them! XD

i was a big fan of the eldritch moon pack, anyone else got it?

I actually took a little hiatus when the Innistrad and Theros blocks were released.

On another note, the new Ixalan set is pretty cool.

I played last year briefly. but I never built a deck. Getting into the game was hard as hell for me. I was used to pokemon, and yugioh when I was a kid and there was just to many cards for me to handle with magic lol. Although, my friend (who got me into magic, is one of the best players in our area, and has played since the very first set let me use his tournament Merfolk deck and that night I went 8-1 beating the same friend 3 times and then a few others. I absolutely LOVED that deck. Lol. And infect was fun to :p

I am so bumping this.

Black is my favourite colour <3

On another note: MTG has been officially declared the most complex game ever, even more complex than Go, by proving the game is Turing complete (simplest form of a computer)

Just gotta imagine: a cardboard game that's its own programming language :D this certainly sparks arousal

I never really got into it at the time. Most of my friends at school did though. During lunch break I mostly just watched them turning cards this way and that and got bored and spat breadcrumbs at them. In retrospect it's the kinda thing I probably would enjoy though.

Black is my favourite colour <3

Black always had the coolest artwork.

I had forgotten about the mtg animated series in the works. Just lookee it up and thankfully it hasn't been cancelled. Still in the script writing phase as of April. Supposedly centered around the Planeswalkers. Going to be on Netflix sometime in 2021 unless they push it back.

Black always had the coolest artwork.

I had forgotten about the mtg animated series in the works. Just lookee it up and thankfully it hasn't been cancelled. Still in the script writing phase as of April. Supposedly centered around the Planeswalkers. Going to be on Netflix sometime in 2021 unless they push it back.

Wait, you have a great combo that you want to finish me off with in T3? O, did you drop that card into the bin? :(
Love black. Especially in Jund or Golgari, it's just pure destruction.

I never really got into it at the time. Most of my friends at school did though. During lunch break I mostly just watched them turning cards this way and that and got bored and spat breadcrumbs at them. In retrospect it's the kinda thing I probably would enjoy though.
I know no better game, be it a PC or console game, MMO, whatever.
You could still play MTG Arena for free on your PC or (soon) Android

Reactions: CFC
I love MTG. I still play on MTG Arena now and then.

I sold my physical MTG collection for like $2000 a year or two ago.

Oh well. Needed to pay rent.

I have thousands of cards.. my favourite color is blue,
my favourite deck forces my opponent to draw too many cards, while i counterspell the big ones and return creatures to their hand repeatedly.. it is a regular occurance for my opponent to discard 2 or more cards per turn, without using any actual mill or discard spells..
its fun to watch them get excited about seeing all their best cards, and then get annoyed that they cant play any of them lol

I have thousands of cards.. my favourite color is blue,
my favourite deck forces my opponent to draw too many cards, while i counterspell the big ones and return creatures to their hand repeatedly.. it is a regular occurance for my opponent to discard 2 or more cards per turn, without using any actual mill or discard spells..
its fun to watch them get excited about seeing all their best cards, and then get annoyed that they cant play any of them lol
Shit if you'd let my artifact deck draw cards there's nothing to save you except Jesus or the housecat.

Shit if you'd let my artifact deck draw cards there's nothing to save you except Jesus or the housecat.
Haha, that is occasionally a problem, thats the roll of the dice..

most of my creatures return yours to your hands or have power and toughness equal to my hand size (unlimited in no time)
combined with a time warp loop and the possibility of gaining life equal to my hand size at each upkeep..
i often can do whatever i want and just toy with people