• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Dad overdoses on heroin to teach his addict son a lesson

poledriver

Bluelighter
Dad overdoses on heroin to teach his addict son a lesson

A FATHER was so angry when he found his heroin addict son’s stash that he shot it up himself and almost died of an overdose — just to send a message to his kid.

New York-based father Sergey Gnatovskiy, 45, told The NY Post he had reached breaking point.

“I [tried] to send him to rehab. He promised me he was going to go, and I found it again,” Sergey said.

“I told him if you’re not going to stop, I will do the same as you do.”

But the risky life lesson seems to have worked — son Maykl, 23, claims he’s been scared straight back to rehab after finding his dad passed out on their living room floor on Wednesday afternoon.

“After seeing this I definitely want to go. I’ve been doing this since I was 15. I’m 23 now, I can’t keep doing this,” he said.

Maykl said he instantly recognised that his dad was overdosing, and used CPR and Narcan nasal spray to bring him back from the brink — something Sergey has had to do for his son on four separate occasions.

The elder Gnatovskiy said he felt normal the next day and doesn’t recall much of the ordeal — he remembers going to turn off the TV and then waking up with “medical people” around him.

“My son was screaming at me, ‘Pop, pop, are you crazy, you almost died,’” he said.

Cont -

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...n/news-story/d131a69c5fb6617f24924b4ff9bfd230

Poor guy, I can imagine how much suffering he's going through. I don't think life can't be any harder when you see your own child playing russian roulette with his life on a daily basis.

^Especially since it doesn't have to be russian roulette if we made these type of things medical issues instead of criminal. Heroin maintenance without red tape, a place where an addict can get a safe dose of something that is not methadone or suboxone. Once stabilized can then deal with getting off the drugs. Something like that would save lives. But I also realize the dangers of such a thing but if we take the unknown fentanyl possibility out of the equation it would end up saving more lives.

True.

This already happens in few places and you have a controlled environment where you can be saved from OD, bad injections, etc, etc.
The benefits would be much greater than the costs imo.

lol Russian roulette and they're Russian probably ....
crazy my dad's name is sergey he's 45 I'm 23 and I've been doing h too for a long time I can relate lol , not the dad part shooting up though rofl

well if it worked for them, great

i don't think most dads would do what this fella did