• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Top 10 "Most Problematic Drugs" .... For you

GoldenGate

Greenlighter
I keep reading lists that journalists with no knowledge or first hand experience have made re. the most dangerous drugs around. I have also read a few forum threads on the same topic. I personally have not agreed with any of the lists I've read but this is of course because all substances affect everybody in different ways.
For example in the last forum I read, everybody was agreeing that LSD had practically no danger potential, and while I personally have met plenty of people who have taken that particular drug every weekend for months and years and only had a good time, I took it twice and the last time was in June 2010. I'm still having therapy because of that particular experience and it almost destroyed me, but hey...that's just me! I also know a few people who have taken LSD and can't/won't talk about it because of similar experiences.

I thought that instead of the usual lists in which everybody disagrees with each other I would start a thread in which people could write the top ten substances that have affected them personally. Therefore I will not include Heroin on my own list because it's one of the few drugs I have never taken along with Crystal Meth.

I'm hoping that others will show their own lists so I can maybe put together a proper list based on actual first hand experience rather than just reading a few Wikipedia articles or 'Talk to Frank'

So...

My Top Ten Substances that have Negatively affected me from least horrendous to most:

10. Cocaine -I have had some nasty anxiety problems after insufflating which have always led me to drink a shitload of booze and take enormous amounts of Benzo's on top which makes it far far far more dangerous of course. It's a pretty good high if you get the right stuff but most of the time not really worth it for £60 per gram. It also drains the hell out of my bank account. Having said all that I have quit Cocaine now and feel no lasting problematic effects. I understand however that many other people's lives have been ruined by this drug so I'm not saying it's not a fucked-up-devil-drug, just hasn't been that way for me.
9. Cannabis - What's this!?!? Cannabis above Cocaine!!!?? For me yes. I know I know, Coke is far more dangerous in most ways but I myself have been negatively affected my Cannabis more than Coke. It's given me some seriously bad panic attacks that have lasted four hours and made me want to take my own life. Most of the time it has been friendly to me but occasionally it has turned psycho. I have a pretty active imagination and I find that people like me tend to suffer from the more psychedelic drugs more than most.
8. Oxycodone - My opiate tolerance was mild when I first tried Oxy. I was taking 250mg of Codeine a day at the time and Oxy boosted my tolerance up over a period of six weeks from 40mg a day to 200mg. When I went to the clinic to get back on Buprenorphine I had been off Oxycodone for 16 hours and was rated an 18/20 on the 'how badly is the patient withdrawing' chart. I was then prescribed 12mg of Bupe a day, six times more than I had when coming off Codeine. And I just know that if I hadn't gotten to the clinic when I did, I'd be taken at least 400mg by now, or be dead. There were a few times when I ended up sniffing a little too much and had breathing problems which goes to show that for me, overdose was not hugely unlikely. Fortunately I only took it for six weeks.
7. Ketamine - I had some absolutely savage trips/K-holes when I was at uni. They took their toll on my mental health quite a bit. After my 1st bad trip I was scared off. Then I discovered that drinking 1/2 a bottle of vodka before using made sure my trip was always good which of course led me to take more K, drink more Alcohol, and put myself at higher risk. For me this one is a nasty, nasty drug when it goes wrong, and it's weirdly addictive as well...
6. Buprenorphine - Bupe has never made me overdose or made me feel like shit, but when I was first prescribed it I was on 2mg and suddenly found the motivation to do everything including learn Russian language, run 3 half marathons and practice piano 4 hours a day. But when I came off, even though there were no psychical withdrawal symptoms, it left a huge depressing hole in my life. I didn't go into work for a week and spent that week finding dealers on the street who provided me with 16mg per day. I then spent the next 2 years sniffing it all day every day, at work especially. My colleagues would whisper 'you've got powder on your nose' and I was their damn supervisor! When it was hard to get hold of I lowered myself to crime, sold most of my stuff to pay for it and eventually came off cold turkey which was a fucked up ordeal that lasted weeks or maybe months. Now I'm back on 12mg prescribed and not looking forward to coming down.
5. Codeine - Yeh I know it's the weakest opiate on this list by far, but it was also the first opiate I ever took and I was already in a very dark place at the time. I began taking it daily, sometimes suicidally experimenting with the LD50. I committed many horrible sins to get more every day and nearly ruined my family's life. On top of all that I was always extracting it from Co-Codamol and I know I accidentally took very dangerous amounts of paracetamol many times. Stupid eh?!
4. Diazepam - I've had a 7 year addiction which is still ongoing. At my worst I used to take 120mg a day, ordering copious amounts of it from online vendors. I attempted to come off cold turkey last November and was found seizing in a puddle of vomit a week later. My parents rushed me to hospital where the doctors told me that I had come extremely close to death. Diazepam felt great when I first took it, but after a while my sleep began to get nasty with sleep paralysis, vivid nightmares and night terrors. It has also brought me close to overdose when combined with opiates and/or alcohol.
3. LSD - Last time took it was seven years ago. Two years ago was the first time since that I was able to even say it's name. I had trouble writing the acronym just now and if I'm reading a book and LSD is on the page somewhere my eyes jump right to it and my breathing gets weird. Never been so fucking terrified in my entire life. It gave me PTSD and extreme psychosis which lasted months. Plenty of people can get away with taking this, but me....I'd rather jump off a cliff than touch it again.
2. Mephedrone - Meph never seems to make anyone's list, even though Iv'e personally seem many lives smashed to pieces within a month because of this fucked up monstrous drug. It was the first drug I was ever addicted to; before I first took it I was mentally very strong, morally sound, and highly popular. I am not that person any more and Mephedrone is most of the reason. I can't even begin to describe what happened to me but at one point I went 11 days with no sleep. I was in my 3rd year at uni when I went too far with it and my parents had to drive down and literally save my life. I was then taken to a doctor who diagnosed me with half a dozen mental illnesses including psychosis, panic disorder, breathing phobia, PTSD and more...and I'd been fine before!!! This drug changed me from 'normal' to totally insane. Thank god the government banned it, just a shame they were a month late for me.
1. Alcohol - Without a doubt. It's bought me to the brink of insanity dozens of times. At my worst I've even drunk my own vomit and urine just to try and get the shite back into me. And the worst thing is there's a glass of cider sitting right next to me now. I don't really know where or how to start on how badly this drug has affected me, my friends, and most of all my family. And the availability is frightening. Also I seem to drink whenever I take anything else including opiates, benzos, coke, MDMA and everything in between.

1. benzodiazepines: treated my anxiety well initially then when they stopped working gave me a nervous breakdown. best part: they were prescribed to me!
2. heroin: two ODs and some permanent brain damage speak for themselvess.
3. crack: its like cocaine, but worse!
4. mephedrone: far too fiendish. set up some unhealthy habitual patterns with drugs that i still haven't shaken. god i miss that pre-ban cat-piss insanity in a wrap.
5. alcohol: just because.

i don't think i have 10 problem drugs, that's really about it! i can't smoke weed cause it gives me panic attacks but because of that i don't smoke it and therefore; no issues! :D

I havent done that many drugs recently but ill go:

1.Opiates
2(a). Crack
2(b). Coke
3. Meth
4. Benzos.
5. Alcohol
6. E(the dirty kind)
7. roids/hormones
8. synthetic weed/etc (should be higher on list)
9. acid/mescaline/peyote (habitual use can really damage a person)
10. shrooms. (I hate em, but they're safe)

the bottom end of the list i had to think, some items id move around or add others....I'll note that there are drugs I think everyone should experience. 1. A hard psyc trip. 2. an actual pure MDMA experience (there is no better therapeutic or better feeling in life, and no comedown) 3) Ketamine in moderate doses - it's like drinking a 6-pack and eating some shrooms at the same time...fun. 4) DMT - I still have yet to try, but think everyone should be exposed to what it can offer.

If i'm relapsing or slipping up (struggle/struggled with anorexia) then definitely adderall which I'm prescribe monthly
Benzos for the same scenarios for its hard to sleep from the malnutrition...

ok sorry didn't mean to get deep or sappy i'm literally the least uptight/laid back person about it but just wanted to give the literal response bc i get these scrips monthly and some months they make me the best version of myself and others literally the worst...

1) Alcohol. Although I am not a heavy or frequent drinker, I am not a good drunk. In social situations I am either starting a fight, trying to pick up someone's wife or spending shitloads of money on one of my other "vices" which I won't name here. I have no idea how I have managed to never get a single DUI.

2) DXM with opioids. DXM is one of the better potentiators out there (soma definitely #1) but I do not use it anymore because of the nasty side effects. I take two antidepressants so adding DXM puts me at high risk for serotonin syndrome. After taking 80 mg with my usual opioid dose I felt like I had had about 6 cups of coffee and when I finally went to bed I had vivid dreams about a dark figure standing in my bedroom doorway while I was laying in bed late at night. DXM by itself has never caused any problems, but only first plateau, never tried higher doses. Weird.

3) Weed + alcohol - pukefest.

Last edited:
^ Same thoughts about alcohol.

Opiates (heroin), crack, Meth.

1. All dissociative drugs if I have a large amount.

Small amounts I can get away with (like a bottle of tussin) but if I'm holding (for example) a half gram of 3-meo-pcp/pce I will use it everyday until I get committed to a mental hospital.

2. Alcohol

Brings out my law breaking side after maybe 6 drinks

3. Opiates

Usually addicted, right now I'm maintaining on kratom and it's manageable

4. Strong rc stimulants

I can handle amphetamine, Ritalin, or coke but some of these RC stimulants I lose days of sleep and go psychotic

5. Synthetic cannabinoid

I love weed but the fake shit I smoke like crack and act sketchy

Not sure I have 10 but here it goes in no particular order:

1. Weed. Yeah, I have problems with weed. I've quit opiates more than I've quit weed. Since it's introduction to my life years ago I've been smoking daily and spending unnecessary cash with a sky high tolerance.

2. Alcohol: I'm not sure that needs much elaboration, lots of embarrassing fuckery and rude things.

3. Benzos (klonopin, xanax, etiz, diclazepam): Been addicted for around 3 years, more heavily towards the present though. Usually do too much, run out early, then withdraw and spasm to death if I have no maintenance dose. A rare occurrence, but it happens.

4. Opiates (bupe, oxy, tramadol, H): Big surprise there lol. They rule my life, but fuck does it feel good. Been getting decent at controlling my dosage and sticking to bupe though. Tramadol helps too, but that tends to get eaten up :^)

5. Methamphetamine: A very new addition to my stash, and probably the most demanding of them all. It's too awesome for my own good.

4. Strong rc stimulants

I can handle amphetamine, Ritalin, or coke but some of these RC stimulants I lose days of sleep and go psychotic

Strong rc stimulants, especially some of the pyrovalerones, are by far the most problematic drugs for me. They are also the most fun for me.

Opioids come in second for me.

Nicotine is third.

Everything else is (so far) unproblematic for me.

1. alcohol
2. benzodiazepines (especially mixed with alco)- way too many bad memories.."memories" 8)

1. Psilocybin mushrooms --
For whatever reason, both times were absolutely terrifying experiences for me. Both times I contemplated suicide. I love LSD, find it extremely enjoyable. Mushrooms, can't do it.

2. Weed --
I stopped enjoying weed when I was about 16. After that, all it has done is drive me insane with paranoia.

3. Alcohol --
Especially in my teens and early 20's, I had a serious drinking problem and caught many charges because of it, including two DWIs where I totaled my car, the first of which should have killed me. I stopped for as long as a couple years on a few occasions, and then the last few years up until about 6 months ago I was drinking way too much again. Not full-blown alcoholic, but drunk or close to it just about every night. Phenibut made me despise alcohol, and even since I quit phenibut, I still have no desire to drink. Kratom also makes alcohol very unappealing to me. I don't touch the shit anymore.

4. Opiates/heroin --
I was an IV heroin user in my late teens and early 20's. Paid the price in many ways. Now in my 30s I'm able to use opiates occasionally and not develop a problem anymore.

5. Benzos --
I've gotten myself in plenty of trouble and bad situations due to my benzo abuse for periods of time over the past 14 years. I still have a script for clonazepam, and although I'm smarter now and certainly don't partake in any reckless behavior or anything like that, I have very little self-control with my intake. I desperately need benzos at this stage of my life, and I wish I was better with them. The freeing feeling benzos give me, the relief from the weight of anxiety, is a feeling I simply cannot get enough of.

I don't think I could name 10 either...

I've been able to cold-turkey all drugs I've made a habit of, for at least a month, usually a lot longer.

My main problem drug is alcohol, because I find beer delicious and euphoric, not to mention so easily available. I quit for a month last year and I think my record for 2017 might be just over a week. I'd really like to tone it down some more.

I have no problem with tobacco, marijuana, or banjo cessation when absolutely necessary. I've even got a firm control on my opiate use.

Thank you everybody, some very interesting and useful replies. Alcohol seems to be the main contender atm but I'll wait until a get some more replies before making a list. :)

Man I totally agree about the Mandy; best feeling anyone can possibly imagine. It's frustrating trying to explain it to people who haven't taken it or have only managed to get there hands on crappy E's.

hehe

1Nicotine. 10 years I've been smokin, 10 years I've been trying to quit. Longest I've gone was a few months.
2METH is by far the most aggressively destructive substance I've encountered.
3Heroin was pretty bad, lost me my girlfriend, almost my job, and most of my friends throughout the years.
4Cocaine has fucked the shit out of my heart
5Ketamine probably has fucked me out of some brain cells and kidney function

Uhhh most other things I've used don't seem to fuck my shit up that bad. I don't tend to drink too much, and when I have a drink I typically just want to go to sleep recently.

Last edited:
Question. After smoking crack for about 15 hrs now. I want to sleep. I only have 160 mgs of methadone. Would that help???? Help. Please. ....

There's only two really, benzos and opiates. I can't use those families of drugs without getting addicted to and dependent on them. I always convince myself I can but I can't and I'll be having to taper myself down soon enough after thinking "eh fuck it I'll buy ten boxes of DHC and diazepam, I'll be sensible and never use them daily, it's fine."

Uppers I've never had any problem with. Alcohol I've never had any problem with. Don't find either addictive at all to me personally. I have a lot of amphetamine prescribed, I often just forget to take it let alone fiend for it.

My ten list would be similar to many in this thread except for AMBIEN (zolpidem). I could list a novel of weird shit that started by eating just a couple but when I finally realized they were my kryptonite I had IV'd a whole bottle and rearranged all my furniture with no clue of what happened the next afternoon. Luckily I micron filtered the solution (or most of it) even with no frontal cortex activity to speak of as another BL'er lost an arm shooting those things. Yikes...