• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Second Poetry Post, Hopefully Still Not Shit

Cogari

Bluelighter
I thought I may as well put more things down :) Admittedly, these are a little...well bloody sappy to be honest. And in retrospect..a little upsetting almost. The person I dedicated to them and I parted ways pretty badly. I can't go back to the past, and I'm annoyed at making the mistake of going to far for someone who didn't feel the way I did. But I'm going to share these anyway, as I wrote them honestly, and sharing them with you makes me more used to the feeling and hopefully you get something out of it. :)

Enjoy, I'm no great shakes but hopefully this amateur is a little entertaining (y)

(Old, sappy, but it took a long time to make and every literature student gets sappy at some point)
My Shelly:

I have heard of women fair
With ruby lips and flaming hair
Women even my meagre charm might snare
I roll my eyes at love so rare

Before I know her, My Shelly comes to me
With sheets of skill unbeknownst to we
I throw what charm I can into lines of wit
And soon beside me my future love sits

She saunters to my place with half a warning
I stumble in the lobby with curiosity calling
We talk of psychology, philosophy and past long kept
That she looked at me from then I still can’t accept

I pluck my courage from depths unknown
Shaking like an eel I ask her home
I hear a yes and things go still
Heart palpitations are kicking in

My Shelly comes with looks of woe
Of battered tomes, titles no mortal man would know
She battles shades with scorn and wrath
While I wonder at the passion she hath

I wonder at what My Shelly sees in me
Only my discontentment at what I see
A thoroughly normal man who aspires to be
Good enough, nay, great enough to earn the love of she

Âme sœur (First Sonnet)

Beloved Muse, wreathed in flame and crowned by light;
Singer of the Empyrean, whose melodies soften my ear,
Sapphire eyes, voice whom makes dream take flight,
I behold a gilded mind, and we become one sphere.

Anointed seer and Queen of Sighs, who does teach
To hold the many hopes. Silken threads do run,
Into our special home, of a great future within reach;
In a life of moonlight, we walk into the Sun.
Your frantic form, ruby lips reveal porcelain smiles;
Flocks of magpies, spun starlight shades and threads of rose;
Scarlet spirit, you who so sweetly and wittily beguiles,
In speech, in thought, in deed I lie enclosed.

Regardless of what pains or pleasures come to be
We are joined in Love, I to you, and you to me.

Always. x

Thank you for taking the time to read guys, and thank you anyone who read my first poetry post. :)

You are too modest and self conscious although I should talk. I feel like throwing up or something when writing out a poem here lol.

I really enjoy your work. The way you put some things is ethereal and just beautiful.

I decided I'd just keep adding to my one thread for now, as for once (lol) I actually read the forum rules here in this sub, and see you can't have more than three threads of your writing on the front page at once (exceptions can be made if say, san older thread of yours gets bumped back up).

Just mentioning that in case you or anyone reading this was not aware. Feel like that's a good way to get around posting more stuff, which I'm hoping to get the nerve to :)

Thanks for sharing again and keep out coming :)

Xo

I know that we both share the same anxiety ahaha, it's just a common trait to be nervous. That's very kind of you to say, I have picked things I was more proud of, I'm slow at the moment with writing, but I am making newer bits and bobs together slowly, but with poetry it just comes more spontaneously (at least for me personally).

Thank you very much for saying that, I did just put up a new one...bugger >.< I'll put future ones in the new third thread, thanks for letting me know that I had no idea (y)

No need to thank me for anything, thank you for the kind words :) I'll try my best, and I'm looking forward to seeing your work as well :)

xo