• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What kind of music to listen to

Don't have to dance with e you know. It may be stimulating sometimes, but you don't need club music or light shows or any psychedelic stuff at all.

Some of the nicest I've had were outside in daylight at a street fair in SF.

Second was in an attic bedroom, roof too low to stand, much less dance, with just lots of candles and some Isaac Hayes on LP.

And a few in dives and lounges.

Even mixed with a lot of MDA it was fun to walk, didn't dance.

It's amazing what can sound good, songs with a sentimental meaning for you, music with a great drop and a female voice like Lisa Garrard coming over, my wife and I were struck dumb by the theme song of Un homme et une Femme (Francis Lai) when it come on after a hard house number, Bagdad Café - Calling you. Just experiment. What I do is to make a huge play list and then play it random, so everything comes as surprise. If you really want to hear a particular song include two or three copies in the play list.

Any of the Bonkers happy hardcore albums especially vol 12 Breeze & Styles. Preferably at loud volumes.
Nuff said.

You should avoid celine dion no matter your sobriety.

Yeah, @Inds, or I should say, Celine, no way I'm falling for that.

Haha =D

The thought of somebody peaking on MDMA, jaw rattling and hands in the air listening to the titanic soundtrack is pretty amusing to me. Also the idea of "well, I was thinking about the titanic soundtrack for the party on Friday night, but... you know. Bit melancholic, innit?". =D

About Bjork, isn't that the singer that weirdo Ricardo Lopez was obsessed with who shot himself because she didn't answer his fan mail or something?

He was recording when he killed himself. The video is all over the net. He wanted to splatter his brains all over a poster of Bjork while her music was playing while a letter with a bomb attached to it was on its way to her. Pretty messed up. :)

You would think this would motivate me to listen to some of her music but I didn't. I will now, tho. Is it fun to listen on e as well?

Yeah, the whole video is very messed up. I actually watched the entire thing whilst on MDMA. I have never, ever been into watching videos whilst on drugs, especially the likes of MDMA/psychedelics/etc (and certainly not stuff like this, even when sober), but I'd somehow stumbled upon the Bjork/Ricardo Lopez story with a friend, and we couldn't believe that the whole thing had went on, and was available on the internet, and that fucking Goldie (British drum & bass DJ), of all people, was involved. Anyway the torrent finished downloading whilst we were coming up on MDMA, we decided to watch the first minute and instantly got drawn in by the bizarre nature of it. It is very, very fucked up.

Spoiler: We were certainly not expecting that last scene in which you see him insert a gun into his mouth and blow his brains out. I had never seen anything like this before, and to watch somebody kill themselves was just really fucked up. I felt that I could see a pang of regret and realisation in the final moment after he pulled the trigger. It was equal parts sombre, shocking and intriguing. Apprently the FBI were the ones who released the video, in order to deter similar people

Anyway, on a lighter note, there is a lot of vocal electronic music with very powerful lyrics based on love/earth/etc/etc which I think would do the job to invoke the effect sought after in the original post. I personally couldn't be doing with actual love ballads or whatever, but that's just me.

Things like:

Lamb - Gorecki

Melancholy is an inherent part of love/life, and beautiful in and of itself.

Also this apparently somewhat untranslatable Portuguese word seems relevant and pertinent at this point.

saudade
A feeling of longing, melancholy, or nostalgia that is supposedly characteristic of the Portuguese or Brazilian temperament (especially with reference to songs or poetry).

A deep emotional state of melancholic longing for a person or thing that is absent.

Time in Motion - Rainforest
Naturalize - In memory of a friend "heard this one while peaking on MDMA it was the best night of my life, it still gives me a little flashback when hearing it"
Sanctuary (Club mix) Gareth Emery "my favorite song"

You will thank me later <3

Because it'll be months before I prep to roll again so I haven't looked at it yet, but thank you either way. If I do listen to your song while i'm high I'll report all the details. Right now I'm still finishing the Bjork discography which was mentioned to me first so that's the current priority. So far I think it sucks, Bjork is boring as hell. There's no melody or energy in her music. I have no idea why that Lopez guy was so obsessed with her. She isn't even pretty and on top of everything she's a feminist. Yuck.

BJORK BLASPHEMY!!
You can't tell me listening to Joga from Homogenic doesn't fit MDMA. I think the Icelandic fairies are going to pay you a visit.

Did I ask already if anyone here knows anything similar to the early Lemon Jelly? The original MDMA duo? Albums KY and Lost Horizons? I mean, if you're looking for happy EDM for your peak . . . eg., The Staunton Lick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBLWDF2nfP8

Any EDM. House is the best. Jauz, Ghastly, Ephwurd, etc. It seems to be the only music and tolerable and the only music I wanna hear while rolling.