• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

June Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread vs. "Summer Solstice Pagan Rites"

Yeah.. I'm thinking of shelving my current profession for a few years.. Until sessions is out. So I'm looking into a new program and its got a year wait and I found out I still have one outstanding student loan left when I thought I had the mm all played off.. So I will just have to be patient and pay that shit off.

I'm thinking so.. At least I always seem to be hurdling.. Lol.. After this my yard sale will finally be completely cleaned up:):)

Someone caught my yard sale from years ago on tape..8)

Think I will finally have healed and cleaned up almost all the mess at some point in the foreseeable future. =D

Dude no fucking way. That looks beyond brutal. What was bouncing back from the consequences of that like?

I actually never fell that bad sking.. Just a representation of what happened in my life awhile back.. Still picking up the pieces apparently.

I don't know how many days I woke up and said well shit what else can go wrong.. Only to be pummeled again.. On things for sure I'm no pussy and stronger than I ever imagined.

Speaking of knocking down hurdles, my life seems full of small ones these days. Moving-related and new job search-related. I keep feeling like I'm gonna knock one down only to find I've gotta do it again...filled out the wrong form or needed a witness on this signature. Blah blah blah. Trying to stay positive. I'm getting through them. Just more slowly than I'd like.

I do tend to take things too literally sometimes. I like the metaphor of eating shit down a big mountain :)

Someone caught my yard sale from years ago on tape..8)

Think I will finally have healed and cleaned up almost all the mess at some point in the foreseeable future. =D

Wow man, that's an awesome fall. Must be great to feel like you have gotten out of that in good conditions. :D

∆ Best wishes and good luck!!!

Two eighteen months and a year at the meeting tonight.. Only seven people there. Shit got real at the meeting.

Happy to be clean and sober.

Problems that seemed so significant yesterday were solved by some special people who love me.

Worked through a huge issue that had my heart and mind locked up for Years. So full of lies it had no chance and basically was a lie... Started with a lie, died with a lie and was full of them.. To active addicts lying the years away.

38 off alcohol and cigs.. 11 off Addy. :)

Hobbies are a great thing to get into. :)
Yeah I love playing my guitar clean, I get more into it, and focus less on life and more on the music. I like playing blues and metal, helps with depression and anger respectively.
I know, it's hard. Good moments don't make the day alright.
That's what's slowly gets better. Good moments becoming good moments again. Recovery is learning to ride a bike again.

Ive been feeling weird myself CH, i know that my depression stims from seeing all my friends get involved in relationships,and here i am single, makes me take a look at my self worth. Its a real bugger because it keeps me wanting to isolate,because i think im not as good looking as you.

I celebrate my 10 months clean and sober today! 10 months ago, i washed up in detox, here i am today!

At least being single is better than being in an abusive relationship; I would rather be single for life than be in a bad relationship again.