• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

June Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread vs. "Summer Solstice Pagan Rites"

^idk about a daily goal, but meditations by Marcus Aurelius might be somerhing to check out.

Script came due for my adderall.. took some of them and fully realized they are garbage. Called my physician and cut that shit permanently. Picked up a new white key chain
Rolling well now.. 5 off addy, 34 off alcohol and cigs, end of july will be 5 years off all opiates and benzo abuse. Total abstinence for me=D

I am currently looking for self-help daily devotional books that arnt religious, looking for something spiritual, that i can read each day,and may have something in there about a daily goal.
Any ideas?

I like reading fictional books in general, sorry to say I have no ideas for what you're looking for. Any book can be nice though :)

I am currently looking for self-help daily devotional books that arnt religious, looking for something spiritual, that i can read each day,and may have something in there about a daily goal.
Any ideas?

I enjoy using How to Train a Wild Elephant. Some of the stuff is kinda silly, but it's very interesting what happens in actually going through the various experiences.

Books that could get your full attention. Search for subjects you may be curious about, or thrillers. Drugs, music. I like biographies and psychology issues. You'll find what you want.

Hobbies can be a great thing too, same with volunteering. Hospitals, foster houses if you like children. A friend of mine decided to learn how to jump with parachutes. Anything and everything you think of can help you to take your mind away.

I bought a tattooing kit recently, includes everything a beginner might need to tattoo with. It also included a dozen needles, so thats something ive yet to work with. I still live in a halfway type house,so not 100% what the rules are for tattooing. I guess they cant say anything about me tattooing fruit? Its a taboo here.

I am excited ! On my way to volunteer for a 'float for recovery' event. Hopefully i wont get to much sun.

Get some edible ink and pork shoulder, get to work and then BBQ the thing :) forget working in fruit. You need real life flesh man!

I bought a tattooing kit recently, includes everything a beginner might need to tattoo with. It also included a dozen needles, so thats something ive yet to work with. I still live in a halfway type house,so not 100% what the rules are for tattooing. I guess they cant say anything about me tattooing fruit? Its a taboo here.

I am excited ! On my way to volunteer for a 'float for recovery' event. Hopefully i wont get to much sun.

Good to hear! It seems you are moving on. :)

The tattoo kit seems like a great idea. I love how resourceful our BL community is. Find some pig skin and get cracking man!

^ Indeed CH.

The tattoo kit seems like a great idea. I love how resourceful our BL community is. Find some pig skin and get cracking man!

Exactly!

It's difficult to find hobbies when you are trying to stay sober. So yes, go for it!!

I have so many irons in the fire that my future is bright in so many directions.

Doing a good job at keeping myself in the present while creating a nice future.

38 days off alcohol and smoking. A week off the Addy.

Life does not suck. :)

It sucks for awhile and then it stops. I guess we start getting used to it. :\
It's hard to tell as some days can be both...

Last edited:
got some surprise bad news this morning.. screwed me up for the afternoon. Worked through that shit and hit a meeting.

Feeling much better.

looking forward to some professional changes, but i need to remember patients and delayed gratification.

got some surprise bad news this morning.. screwed me up for the afternoon. Worked through that shit and hit a meeting.

Feeling much better.

looking forward to some professional changes, but i need to remember patients and delayed gratification.

Everything ok?